Latest News: (loading..)
Jack_mcs

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Please try this. In the googlesitemap/index.php file, change this line

if (defined('SEO_URLS') && SEO_URLS == 'true' || defined('SEO_ENABLED') && SEO_ENABLED == 'true' ) {

to

if (false) {

Hello

Sorry Jack, the reason sitemapindex page was not accessible seems to be due to a problem with my .htaccess file. When the .htaccess is removed https://www.retro-antiques-curios.co.uk/sitemapindex is accessible, however my site is then not redirected, so when I go to www.retro-antiques-curios.co.uk, I get the index of / page. The .htaccess file is also in my public_html folder, along with my shop and the robots.txt, along with a bunch of other files.

How do I get around this?

You will need to remove parts of the .htaccess file to find the lines that are causing the problem.

I have had no joy in trying to get it all to work.

If I remove the last 5 lines, the robots.txt is seen, but then the homepage reverts back to the index of /

The .htaccess file is

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.retro-antiques-curios.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/RAC_Shop [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /RAC_Shop/$1

Any ideas?

The lines are in pairs of rewritecond and rewriterule so if you are removing five lines, you are breaking a pair. Remove them in twos to test it.

Also, this problem is beyond the scope of this support thread since it doesn't have anything to do with the addon. That makes it difficult for those with addon-related problems to dins a solution. So please open a new thread in the general forum and we can continue there. You will also probably get more replies that way since not everyone will view this thread.