• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello Jack.. I made the changed that you had suggested at 3/5/2009... I understand what you are saying.. but i dont know how to edit the values.. and turn the 'false' to 'true' how can i do that ???

thank you once again!

The instructions state, "If the sitemaps fail to generate, then go to admin->Configuration->Google XML SEO

and switch to the alternate class and try again." I don't kow how to explain it any better than that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I know it.. but on admin section inGoogle seo xml ... iS empty... I can see only these.. Title Value Action

and under of it there arent any choices.... that's my problem...

Then something is wrong with your installation. I've no way to tell how that happened. But if you have partial entries in the database, you will have to edit the database directly to fix that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I got a response from my host stating the following regarding the error I get when I try to execute index.php:

The code in the file you are executing has an error.

The script is trying to run a sql statement against a column that does not exist in your database.

The SQL statement that is being execute is the following:

SELECT p.products_id as pID, p.products_date_added as date_added, p.products_last_modified as last_mod, p.products_ordered

FROM products p, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where c.categories_status='1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p.products_status='1'

ORDER BY products_ordered DESC;

Column 'categories_status' doesn't exist in the categories table.

When I executed the sql, everything was correct and error free.. any idea?

I see that Google XML has a 1.8 now which is compatible with 2.3.1, should i switch to that? Or what would you recommend?

When I executed the sql, everything was correct and error free.. any idea?

I see that Google XML has a 1.8 now which is compatible with 2.3.1, should i switch to that? Or what would you recommend?

If you search the contribution package, you will see categories_status isn't part of it so there is something wrong in your shop. I seem to recall this problem came up before in this thread though I can't recall what the outcome was. You should always use the latest version, especially if you are having problems. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I am still confused with the error...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I do not know what to do..

Jack, I am still confused with the error...

Internal Server Error

I do not know what to do..

That s a catchall error and you need to know the reason for it before you can fix it. It might be in your error log file, if that is enabled on the site. Otherwise, your host should be able to explain the cause. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That s a catchall error and you need to know the reason for it before you can fix it. It might be in your error log file, if that is enabled on the site. Otherwise, your host should be able to explain the cause.

Here is the error:

he code in the file you are executing has an error.

The script is trying to run a sql statement against a column that does not exist in your database.

The SQL statement that is being execute is the following:

SELECT p.products_id as pID, p.products_date_added as date_added, p.products_last_modified as last_mod, p.products_ordered

FROM products p, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where c.categories_status='1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p.products_status='1'

ORDER BY products_ordered DESC;

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for this contribution I really appreciate it,

But after I installed it I tried to run it and it wouldn't run I changed all the setting the instructions talk about but I get this.

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapmanufacturers.xml

FS_CAT /hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/

Server http://oursacredgarden.com

Save Path /

WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapmanufacturers.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Google Sitemap Specials not generated - no specials found!

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapindex.xml

Save Path /

WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 10

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapmanufacturers.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

I have the file permissions set to 755 (same as my images) but it's telling me it doesn't have permission... I'm confused any help would be so great...

Thank You

Adamanto75

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for this contribution I really appreciate it,

But after I installed it I tried to run it and it wouldn't run I changed all the setting the instructions talk about but I get this.

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapmanufacturers.xml

Save Path /

WS_CAT /

I have the file permissions set to 755 (same as my images) but it's telling me it doesn't have permission... I'm confused any help would be so great...

Please see the many, many posts on this problem in this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, My server have SAFE MODE On, Is necessary put in Off?

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1778 is not allowed to access / owned by uid 0 in /home4/todopiel/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Possibly not. It depends on how your host has the server setup. You will need to adk your host to turn it off or change the settings so the code will have permissions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your quick response.

I've solved the problem. I had the same problem as many people commented in this thread.

Warning: fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

I fixed it changing line 139 in index.php :

$mapfile = ((GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_SEO != 'Standard') ? 'sitemap_Alternate.class.php' : 'sitemap.class.php');

for this other:

$mapfile = ((GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_SEO != 'Standard') ? 'sitemap.class.php' : 'sitemap.class_Alternate.php');

Now generates sitemaps perfectly. I do not know if it is correct but it works.

I have yet to solve that not shows admin-> Configuration-> XML Google SEO.

Sorry for my English.

Hi Jack

Is there a way for the sitemap to be generated using FWRMedia Ultimate SEO URL's instead of the strict Oscommerce path?

Google may find it odd to keep submitting URL's that all get 301 redirected.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Jack

Is there a way for the sitemap to be generated using FWRMedia Ultimate SEO URL's instead of the strict Oscommerce path?

Google may find it odd to keep submitting URL's that all get 301 redirected.

I'm sure it is possible but I don't use that contribution so I don't know what to change. Maybe someone in its support thread has already done it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sure it is possible but I don't use that contribution so I don't know what to change. Maybe someone in its support thread has already done it.

Didn't realize you both had different versions of the original from Chemo. Either way, I rolled back his, installed yours and everything is perfect.

Thanks, yet again.

Don

Didn't realize you both had different versions of the original from Chemo. Either way, I rolled back his, installed yours and everything is perfect.

Thanks, yet again.

Don

You're welcome. There not the same. The one I support is Chemo's original with many bug fixes/code changes. His, usually called SEO 5, is a complete rewrite.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

The latest version worked fine until I added a couple hundred thousand products :- . I guess my problem comes when the script has to generate multiple sitemapproducts.xml files. The below snippet is from the referenced file, sitemap.class.php:

if (GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_SHOW_DIAGNOSTIC == 'true')
          echo 'Opening   '.$filename. '<br>FS_CAT    '.DIR_FS_CATALOG. '<br>Server    ' . HTTP_SERVER . '<br>Save Path '. $this->savepath . '<br>WS_CAT    '. DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG.' <br>';
if ($fp = fopen($filename, 'w+')){
   echo 'Write '.$filename.'<br>';
fwrite($fp, $data);
fclose($fp);
$this->debug['SAVE_FILE_XML'][] = array('file' => $filename, 'status' => 'success', 'file_exists' => 'true');
return true;
} else {
$file_check = file_exists($filename) ? 'true' : 'false';
$this->debug['SAVE_FILE_XML'][] = array('file' => $filename, 'status' => 'failure', 'file_exists' => $file_check);
return false;
}
break;

Below is a sample of the output in the error log:

PHP Warning:  fopen(/var/www/html/sitemapproducts1.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 344
File does not exist: /var/www/html/sitemapindex.html
PHP Warning:  fopen(/var/www/html/sitemapproducts2.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 344
PHP Warning:  fopen(/var/www/html/sitemapproducts3.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 344
PHP Warning:  fopen(/var/www/html/sitemapproducts4.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 344

I've tried adjusting the resources in the php.ini file because I was getting 'exhaustion' errors but the above errors persist even on the alternate state. I searched this thread but don't really understand the solutions others had.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Jack,

The latest version worked fine until I added a couple hundred thousand products :- . I guess my problem comes when the script has to generate multiple sitemapproducts.xml files. The below snippet is from the referenced file, sitemap.class.php: I've tried adjusting the resources in the php.ini file because I was getting 'exhaustion' errors but the above errors persist even on the alternate state. I searched this thread but don't really understand the solutions others had.

If the file gets too large, it will create a new sitemap file. The error you are getting is a permissions error so maybe you didn't set the permissions correctly or your host is preventing the creation of a new file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the permissions of all sitemap files and they're set to 777, the same as the images folder. You mentioned my host. The last time my site was that size, I was kicked off because it was consuming too many resources.

Now I'm on a dedicated server. When I was on a shared server, the sitemaps generated with no problem. So maybe it's how the server is setup. What can I check on my server that would cause this problem?

Thanks for your time.

Jack,

Help me understand this. While I was trying resolve an issue with Google XML Sitemap SEO, my server's host had began migrating my server to a new company. Now my site won't load. They blamed it on a script being called twice and blocking two ports. Also, they say it's something to do with httpd. Here's what the tech said in a support ticket:

The migration effected did not involved changing anything on the networks or the servers.

The reason why httpd was not serving content is because it had stopped, further research on the matter showed that there were two httpd services that were using ports 80 and 443.

It appears that a cronjob or script called the first httpd session with some additional command line switches which at the end called another httpd session, since both were blocking/using ports 80 and 443 the httpd process that were supposed to be serving the content could not start, after stopping the first two processes, the "legit" httpd process were able to start.

Please check wether you have scripts starting from rc.local, crontabs, etc that involve, one way or another the usage of httpd processes.

Since this contrib and Configuration Cache was the last scripts I attempted to run (if it's a script), I decided to start here so I can began to see if they're trying to avoid blame.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by discxpress