• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

My guess is that you have the Search Engine Friendly option turned on in admin since the format of the links don't match.

That option should not be used.

Jack

Sorry to bug you, but is there any other reason it wouldn't be working? I've always had the Search Engine Friendly option turned to "false" in admin.

Thanks for any suggestions

If you go here, http://handeshobbies.com/googlesitemap/index.php, you'll see the sitemapspecials.xml file is not created. If you aren't going to have a specials sitemap file, it shouldn't be added to your sitemap list in google.

I think I understand now... The sitemapspecials.xml was not created because I don't have any products yet on sale/special through admin. :blush:

Also notice the double //'s. That would be coming from your configure file, most likely. You should look at the datastamp on the files and make sure they are actually being updated.

Jack

Oh, oh... thought I finally had my configure files setup correctly. :(

I recently moved my site from catalog to root and thought I found the correct edits here in the forum, maybe not!

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://handeshobbies.com');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secure.bluehost.com/~handesho');

define('ENABLE_SSL', true);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'handeshobbies.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'secure.bluehost.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/'); // used to be /catalog/

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/'); // used to be /catalog/

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/'); // used to be /catalog/

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/'); // used to be /catalog/

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Could the double //'s be caused from any of my // used to be /catalog/ edits?

Thank you Jack for helping!

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Sorry to bug you, but is there any other reason it wouldn't be working? I've always had the Search Engine Friendly option turned to "false" in admin.

Thanks for any suggestions

Unless you posted the original question within the last page, I don't know what it refers to so I can't help. Please be specific when asking a question.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Unless you posted the original question within the last page, I don't know what it refers to so I can't help. Please be specific when asking a question.

Jack

yes sorry my original question is on page 3:

I'm having an issue that I haven't been able to solve by reading through any of the forums.

Google has accepted both my:

sitemapcategories.xml and my

sitemapindex.xml

but there are errors with my sitemapproducts.xml

The error says:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A semi colon character was expected. Error processing resource 'http://www.bella-blanca.com/sitemapproducts.xml'. Line 130...

<loc>http://bella-blanca.com/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=192</loc>

You suggested that perhaps I had the Search Engine friendly option in admin set to true.. but it has always been set to false... Is there any other reason why it wouldn't be working? Google won't accept it, and it also won't work in my own browser. All the permissions are set to the same for the .xml files and the images folder as well.

yes sorry my original question is on page 3:

I'm having an issue that I haven't been able to solve by reading through any of the forums.

Google has accepted both my:

sitemapcategories.xml and my

sitemapindex.xml

but there are errors with my sitemapproducts.xml

The error says:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A semi colon character was expected. Error processing resource 'http://www.bella-blanca.com/sitemapproducts.xml'. Line 130...

<loc>http://bella-blanca.com/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=192</loc>

You suggested that perhaps I had the Search Engine friendly option in admin set to true.. but it has always been set to false... Is there any other reason why it wouldn't be working? Google won't accept it, and it also won't work in my own browser. All the permissions are set to the same for the .xml files and the images folder as well.

I think I pointed out that that link was different than the others. The code in this contribution only builds the code from how the shop is setup. It doesn't create two sets of links. So there is, apparently, something in your code that is causing that. You may want to try replacing the sitemap files, or at least the sitemapproducts.xml file, with the one from the contribution and run the script to see if the generated urls are still different. If not, installing Ultimate SEO may be a way around the problem since it should rewrite them all the same and this contribution will use the same code so the resulting url's in the shop and sitemap files should match.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

i think here it adds the extra slash...

Thanks wHiTy for pointing me in the right direction.

I read a few post prior to mine and noticed the same line in the configure.php file was discussed. :rolleyes:

I simply changed it too:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

and that got rid of those extra //'s.

Now to run through my shop to make sure nothing else broke. ;)

I too am curious about the Priority numbers??

There seems to be a BIG difference listed on my http://handeshobbies.com/sitemapproducts.xml, from 1.0 to 0.1 :blink:

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Thr priority number is used to tell the search engines which pages you think are more important than others on your site. They will then search those pages first when possible. The number assigned to the categories and manufacturers sitemaps is the same. The priority assigned to products is determined by how often each product has been ordered.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If there isn't anything in those columns then you probably have the sitemaps listed incorrectly. You should contact google for help. They are pretty good at responding to such questions.

Jack

here's the screenshot Jack

3354806073_fa5ee58d60_o_d.jpg

Edited by uniquexme

First, the sitemapindex.xml file is incorrect. It should have less than five links but shows that it has more than the products. If you go to http://www.hobby-asia.com/sitemapindex.xml, you'll see it actually only has four so you have somehow submitted the wrong sitemap. Once that is fixed, if that page still shows "Errors," you need to click on the "Detail" link to the right to investigate the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Just installed this on our Wamp server and it has run but got the following messages:

"Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG - assumed 'DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG' in C:\wamp\www\googlesitemap\index.php on line 44

Notice: Undefined property: SEO_URL::$keep_in_memory in C:\wamp\www\includes\classes\seo.class.php on line 1729

Notice: Undefined variable: _sid in C:\wamp\www\includes\classes\seo.class.php on line 761"

Down the bottom is a succesfull message for all files and they all seem ok.

Could it just be because i'mon a test environment?

Just a bit worried about putting it on live server in case it does something strange.

ANy ideas what all these messages might mean?

Thanks

Dean

I think I pointed out that that link was different than the others. The code in this contribution only builds the code from how the shop is setup. It doesn't create two sets of links. So there is, apparently, something in your code that is causing that. You may want to try replacing the sitemap files, or at least the sitemapproducts.xml file, with the one from the contribution and run the script to see if the generated urls are still different. If not, installing Ultimate SEO may be a way around the problem since it should rewrite them all the same and this contribution will use the same code so the resulting url's in the shop and sitemap files should match.

Jack

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I'll try it out and report any progress. May take me a few days to figure it out!

Thanks again!

First, the sitemapindex.xml file is incorrect. It should have less than five links but shows that it has more than the products. If you go to http://www.hobby-asia.com/sitemapindex.xml, you'll see it actually only has four so you have somehow submitted the wrong sitemap. Once that is fixed, if that page still shows "Errors," you need to click on the "Detail" link to the right to investigate the problem.

Jack

Jack, i try to resubmit that sitemapindex.xml, it still show the same error. any help ?

Jack, i try to resubmit that sitemapindex.xml, it still show the same error. any help ?

Since you have a good sitemap on your shop and the one on google is bad, then either you are doing something wrong or google is. I can't determine that from here so, as mentioned previously, you'll need to contact google and ask them to look at it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try using the other sitemap_class.php file.

Jack

I Jack tried the alternate sitemap_class.php and it still has exactly the same errors.

Could it be that my Ultimate SEO URL's version is too old?

or could it be a problem with php on windows?

Just throwing some ideas around???

thanks

dean

I have Ultimate SEO URL's installed, and as far as I can see the sitemap is showing up the standard path's not the new url's generated...

Google had an issue with the last sitemap generator I used, as it was doing the same thing...

Warning from google on all sitemap's is as follows:

Details

URLs not followed

When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target), instead of redirecting to another URL.

Problem detected on: 301 (Moved permanently)

fonechargers [dot] com/index.php?cPath=1_44

fonechargers [dot] com/index.php?cPath=308_363

fonechargers [dot] com/index.php?cPath=177_188

fonechargers [dot] com/index.php?cPath=177_274

fonechargers [dot] com/index.php?cPath=1_11

15 Mar 2009

And from the looks of what this has generated, it has come out with the same kind of links...

No issues installing, no issues generating, link to index is www.fonechargers.com/sitemapindex.xml

If anyone can tell me a way to get the sitemaps with the "right" links in (as google would see them) that would be cool. I realise that the links there to work and are technically correct... but from Google's point of view they don't look like the right ones!!

I'm letting google know about the new ones now so will update you if they say anything else about these but I suspect it'll be the same...

Andy

Edited by goldielocks

I Jack tried the alternate sitemap_class.php and it still has exactly the same errors.

Could it be that my Ultimate SEO URL's version is too old?

or could it be a problem with php on windows?

Just throwing some ideas around???

thanks

dean

To be clear, did you just upload the alternate file or rename it? It has to be renamed. The code can't find the definition. One of those files should work though. There were other fixes mentioned in this thread, as I recall.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have Ultimate SEO URL's installed, and as far as I can see the sitemap is showing up the standard path's not the new url's generated...

Google had an issue with the last sitemap generator I used, as it was doing the same thing...

Warning from google on all sitemap's is as follows:

And from the looks of what this has generated, it has come out with the same kind of links...

No issues installing, no issues generating, link to index is www.fonechargers.com/sitemapindex.xml

If anyone can tell me a way to get the sitemaps with the "right" links in (as google would see them) that would be cool. I realise that the links there to work and are technically correct... but from Google's point of view they don't look like the right ones!!

I'm letting google know about the new ones now so will update you if they say anything else about these but I suspect it'll be the same...

Andy

It is probably due to your version of Ultimate SEO. Try installing the 2.1d version I uploaded.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I apologise I ment to add a reply here concerning cron but ended up posting a new topic Here I dont want to double post and dont know how to move it. :blush:

Edited by ozewolf

New osCommerce Learner

Old & Slow

Did not get this error when installing. I realized I was not getting my cron email because I had my cron set up wrong by accident (lack of sleep). So I pointed by browser to the /googlesitemap/index.php file manually that the cron points too. Here is what I got. Top of the page says error. Maybe its nothing Im not sure just wanted to find out.

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Write /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapcategories.xml
Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapmanufacturers.xml
Generated Google Manufacturers Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapspecials.xml
Generated Google Specials Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapindex.xml
Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array
(
[QUERY] => Array
	(
		[PRODUCTS] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 1
			)

[CATEOGRY] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 14
			)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 3
			)

[SPECIALS] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 3
			)

)

[SAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
	(
		[0] => Array
			(
				[file] => /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapcategories.xml
				[status] => success
				[file_exists] => true
			)

[1] => Array
			(
				[file] => /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapmanufacturers.xml
				[status] => success
				[file_exists] => true
			)

[2] => Array
			(
				[file] => /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapspecials.xml
				[status] => success
				[file_exists] => true
			)

[3] => Array
			(
				[file] => /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapindex.xml
				[status] => success
				[file_exists] => true
			)

)

)

hey jason, would u be kind enough to guide me how to do a CRON job?

Its in the instructions on exactly how its done. Your web hosting should offer a cron job service usually titled "CronTab" or something like that. You use that service in your web hosting control panel and then follow the instructions in this contribution to add a cron job.