• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

I switch over to the alternate setting and tried it again. Can you identify the post that might fix my problem? .... as I started at the begining of the thread where I changed some lines as described in the code and I thought it might be best that I seek some help before thigs really got out of hand.

Use the search function to searth this topoc and you will find the link on setting up the configure files. Type configure into the box and click search.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I do belive this is the module that osCmax 2.0.35 utilizes.. Google XML Sitemap SEO V 1.6 looks like the same file structure and basic instructions contained with my older install.

I just went into my google webmaster page and it is showing all my submissions are being rejected for missing information:

Missing shipping information (1809 errors)

Shipping is missing. Please specify in the 'shipping' attribute or in your account settings with a default shipping method selected for each targeted country. Note: Allow 15 minutes for account settings to take effect before uploading a new feed.

Missing required attribute: availability (1809 errors)

Please make sure you include all required attributes in your data feed.

So now that I have done a cursory look and search of these v1.6 files I see no such attributes being passed with the XML file.. can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

no that's not quite right and now I see I have actually 2 different google feed modules in the mod'd osCmax I am using.. The ones I really want to work with is

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6531

SO I will poke at it to get it compliant with googles requirements.

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

• 3 weeks later...

It means there is already an entry in the configuration tables with that ID. You need to change the 289 to something else (there are a number of places to change) and upload it again. You can look in the configuration_group table to see what ID is not being used.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hello

This script is really great, but I would like to improve it, in fact it does not handle classes that are status 0.

I have thousands of products (with status 1) are stored in categories with status 0, as a result the products are integrated in the sitemap, but are not available, how to make the category 0 (with the products inside) is not included in the sitemapproducts.xml ?

Or should I put this code?

TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c on p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id where c.categories_status = '1' and p.products_status = '1'....

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen it explicitly stated anywhere, so I will confirm, YES, this does work on 2.3.3.

Does this addon compatible or will work in oscommerce 2.3.3...........??

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem

in the sitemapproducts.xml file

my url is not rewrite

one have you idea of problem

I have ultimate_seo_urls5, oscommerce 2.3.4

I problem did not succeed in toruver, it is not easy because my English is very weak

thank you in advance for help

This addon isn't compatible with SEO 5. There is another by a similar name, though it is probably outdated at this point.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi,

When I submit on google webmasters tools the sitemap link I received the fowling message: Unsupported file format -

Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.

When I do the test, everything report success.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

i installed Google XML Sitemap SEO 1.6 on OSC 2.3.4 now i got the following error :

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG - assumed 'DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG' in C:\xampp\htdocs\googlesitemap\index.php on line 46

Notice: Constant PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT already defined in C:\xampp\htdocs\googlesitemap\index.php on line 56

Notice: Constant PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT_SEPARATE_SHIPPING already defined in C:\xampp\htdocs\googlesitemap\index.php on line 56

Write C:/xampp/htdocs/sitemapproducts.xml

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Write C:/xampp/htdocs/sitemapindex.xml

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 1

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => C:/xampp/htdocs/sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => C:/xampp/htdocs/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

What can i do ?

In Line 46 i have

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

in Line 56 i have

define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);

kind regards

Ralf THomas

Hello,

i got always bei that Contrib

PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG - assumed 'DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG' in /srv/www/vhosts/thomas-modellbau.ch/httpdocs/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46 PHP Warning: require_once(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/vhosts/thomas-modellbau.ch/httpdocs/googlesitemap/index.php on line 48 PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:') in /srv/www/vhosts/thomas-modellbau.ch/httpdocs/googlesitemap/index.php on line 48

Can somebody help me ?

kind regards

Ralf THomas

The error is saying it can't find the required file, which in this case happens to be a shop file. So my guess is that you installed it into the wrong directory. Is your shop in the httpdocs directory or some sub-directory?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Great package. I've been using it since 2006. I am using it in a new site with FWR's USU5--also, a great package! This is what I did to get this Google XML Sitemap working with USU5:

In googlesitemap/index.php, comment out the old require_once and add a new required once...

//require_once('includes/configure.php');

//require_once(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'filenames.php');

//require_once(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'database_tables.php');

//require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'database.php');

//tep_db_connect() or die('Unable to connect to database server!');

require_once('includes/application_top.php');

Also comment out the tep_not_null function...

/*

function tep_not_null($value) {

if (is_array($value)) {

if (sizeof($value) > 0) {

return true;

} else {

return false;

}

} else {

if (($value != '') && (strtolower($value) != 'null') && (strlen(trim($value)) > 0)) {

return true;

} else {

return false;

}

}

} # end function

*/

Then, comment out or delete the if block that adds Chemo's SEO class and stuffs, for me I choose to replace it with the never executed if statement like below just in case I have an oh #$%@ moment...

//if ( defined('SEO_URLS') && SEO_URLS == 'true' || defined('SEO_ENABLED') && SEO_ENABLED == 'true' ) {

if ( 1 == 2 ) {

Lastly, go to sitemap.class.php and replace the hrefLink function with the below so the link rewrite will also consider FWR's USU5 (or do it to the alternate class file):

function hrefLink($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id) {

if ( defined('SEO_URLS') && SEO_URLS == 'true' || defined('SEO_ENABLED') && SEO_ENABLED == 'true' || defined('USU5_ENABLED') && USU5_ENABLED == 'true') {

return tep_href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);

} else {

return $this->base_url . $page . '?' . $parameters;

}

} # end function

My sitemap seems to incorporate the USU5 rewrite...good luck and let's keep all these great SEO packages alive!!!

Tim

Great package!

I got this message:

CONGRATULATIONS! All files generated successfully.

but my sitemapcategories.xml contains each category listed 6 times (number of languages) in the main language of the site.

Apart from this, why is it better to have only one language for the sitemap? Will "not English speaking" crawlers understand that feature of the addon?

I don't have a multi-language shop that I can test this in but in looking at the code, it doesn't appear to be anything in the categories section that checks the languages, thus the multiple entries. I don't think it is an issue since google would most likely just ignore the duplicate entries. As long as you have a canonical meta tag on those pages they would figure it out. I'll add a note to check this in the next version though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons