• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

There seems to be something wrong with your shops installation. The define, URL_LANGUAGE, is not anywhere in this contribution, nor in the basic oscommerce code, as far as I know. And you shouldn't be seeing a language argument at all.

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me double checked the config file and the store has been been running for a couple of years now, its a Multi store setup so some things may be a little different (including some config in admin section), but i also have french as a second language and it only creates the sitemap on the default language so it must be picking that up from somewhere. Not sure where abouts it is picking up the info that comes after ? in the URL so i can trace back wards, i assume its in sitemap.class.php but cannot find it.

Also is this supposed to do the other langauages if you have them installed or just the default language?

Regards

David

David

Just a bit more info on previous post, I thinks its getting the bit after ? from a funtions in the seo.class.php which i believe is part of Chemos Ultimate URLs, so i guess there is something missing between these 2 contribs

David

David

Just a bit more info on previous post, I thinks its getting the bit after ? from a funtions in the seo.class.php which i believe is part of Chemos Ultimate URLs, so i guess there is something missing between these 2 contribs

David

No, they work perfectly fine together, at least v2.2d of Ultimate SEO does, which is what I recommend.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Looks like i must have a modded version of seo.class.php can not remember if i have changed it for some contrib but have now replaced it and waiting for the repercussions, but all seems to be working fine now.

Just now have to have another look at the rewrites as i do not think its sending the 301's correctly, definatly not for ?URL_LANGUAGE as i unfortunalty have a lot of them in Google

regards

David

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya

Maybe I'm missing something but I'll ask anyway. Installed OK but already had configuration_group_id number 289 so changed all occurances of 289 to 1210

Generated sitemaps but the success text says click the link below to submit to google but it isn't a link. Should it be? Or is it a case of copy and paste, which I did and the file was accepted.

Sorry for a dumb question, thought I'd ask

Cheers

Ian

Hi,

New user, so please be gentle!

In the instructions it says: Run the included google_xml_sitemap_seo.sql file using phpmyadmin.

I have created a new db and attempted to import the .sql file using phpmyadmin but get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )

VALUES (

'289', 'Google XML SEO', 'Google XML Sitemap SEO Options', '29', '1'

);

MySQL said:

#1146 - Table 'web101-skyline.configuration_group' doesn't exist

Thanks.

Google XML Sitemap SEO doesn't work on 2 different servers.

When I run it in CRON or in Task Scheduler on IIS server the following error appears:

Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in

mysitedir\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\uri_modules\osc_experimental.php on line 51

I search all the topic about retrieveDependencies problem and see that many people have it. Does anyone have a solution?

Google XML Sitemap SEO doesn't work on 2 different servers.

When I run it in CRON or in Task Scheduler on IIS server the following error appears:

Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in

mysitedir\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\uri_modules\osc_experimental.php on line 51

I search all the topic about retrieveDependencies problem and see that many people have it. Does anyone have a solution?

do you have USU5 installed?

Hi,

New user, so please be gentle!

In the instructions it says: Run the included google_xml_sitemap_seo.sql file using phpmyadmin.

I have created a new db and attempted to import the .sql file using phpmyadmin but get the following error:

Thanks.

Without wanting to sounds like a total noob, could someone explain what is meant in the instructions by:

"Run the included google_xml_sitemap_seo.sql file using phpmyadmin."

Hi Guys

Hope i am posting this topic at right place. If not then please guide me to post this article at proper place.

First of all Jack you are gem of the person. You really did great work in many add ons.

From that add ons i have installed Ultimate SEO URLS v 22d_10 and googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5. My os commerce store is version RC2a. I have huge database with more than 200,000 products.

I have successfully installed googlexml sitemap. But when i deploy to server and run this http://.../googlesit...temap/index.php after loading for 2-3 minutes its giving me 500 internal server error.

I don't understand where i did wrong.

Please guys advice me.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

---Dipan

When I run the googlesitemap/index.php I am getting the following error, I am running as Standard as when I run alternate they all fail. I have the file permissions set to 755 on all of them. I can't work out were the issue is.

Opening   ****/sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT    ****/Server    
http://****Save Path ****/WS_CAT    / 
Write ****/sitemapproducts.xmlGenerated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Opening   ****/sitemapcategories.xmlFS_CAT    ****/Server    
Write ****/sitemapcategories.xmlGenerated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening   ****/sitemapindex.xmlFS_CAT    ****/Server    
Write ****/sitemapindex.xmlGenerated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 2
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 6
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [file] => ****/sitemapproducts.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [file] => ****/sitemapcategories.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [file] => ****/sitemapindex.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

)

)

Without wanting to sounds like a total noob, could someone explain what is meant in the instructions by:

"Run the included google_xml_sitemap_seo.sql file using phpmyadmin."

What you already did... you can import the whole file, or you can copy and paste the contents into the SQL view.

It sounds like the problem you had was trying to import into the wrong database. Check in your includes/config.php file to see what the correct database is called.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Maybe I'm missing something but I'll ask anyway. Installed OK but already had configuration_group_id number 289 so changed all occurances of 289 to 1210

Generated sitemaps but the success text says click the link below to submit to google but it isn't a link. Should it be? Or is it a case of copy and paste, which I did and the file was accepted.

It is just text.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The error is saying the table doesn't exist. Be sure to populate the database after it is created or the changes for this contribution will fail. Creating a database just creates the shell. It has to be populated to be of any use or to apply changes like in this contribution.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, USU5 and KissMT. Both working fine.

SEO 5 isn't compatible with this contributon. You either need to install Ultimate SEO V2.2d (recommended) or use the copy of this contribution somone made for SEO 5.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Guys

Hope i am posting this topic at right place. If not then please guide me to post this article at proper place.

First of all Jack you are gem of the person. You really did great work in many add ons.

From that add ons i have installed Ultimate SEO URLS v 22d_10 and googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5. My os commerce store is version RC2a. I have huge database with more than 200,000 products.

I have successfully installed googlexml sitemap. But when i deploy to server and run this http://.../googlesit...temap/index.php after loading for 2-3 minutes its giving me 500 internal server error.

I don't understand where i did wrong.

Thank you for the kind words. I do appreciate them.

As for your problem, you probably didn't do anything wrong. All shared servers have a limit for how long a script can run and it sounds like you've reached yours. You can ask your host to increase the limit but it is unlikely they will. Short of that, some sleep commands could be added to the file that may allow it to complete. Otherwise, you are out of luck and would need to upgrade your hosting plan.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When I run the googlesitemap/index.php I am getting the following error, I am running as Standard as when I run alternate they all fail. I have the file permissions set to 755 on all of them. I can't work out were the issue is.

Opening ****/sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT ****/Server

http://****Save Path ****/WS_CAT /

Write ****/sitemapproducts.xmlGenerated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

If you have edited the result of the diagnostic, then I can't say if the results are correct or not. If you didn't edit it, then the paths are the problem. Also, 755 may not be correct for your server. You sould set the permisisons to whatever the images directory has, assuming you can upload new images.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have edited the result of the diagnostic, then I can't say if the results are correct or not. If you didn't edit it, then the paths are the problem. Also, 755 may not be correct for your server. You sould set the permisisons to whatever the images directory has, assuming you can upload new images.

I have tried 755 & 777, I am able to upload images on either permission level, below is the complete detail.

Opening   /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT    /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/Server    http://jacqueschocolat.co.ukSave Path /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/WS_CAT    / Write /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapproducts.xmlGenerated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Opening   /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapcategories.xmlFS_CAT    /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/Server    http://jacqueschocolat.co.ukSave Path /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/WS_CAT    / Write /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapcategories.xmlGenerated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening   /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapindex.xmlFS_CAT    /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/Server    http://jacqueschocolat.co.ukSave Path /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/WS_CAT    / Write /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapindex.xmlGenerated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 2
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 6
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapproducts.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapcategories.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapindex.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

)

)

Opening /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/Server http://jacqueschocolat.co.ukSave Path /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/WS_CAT / Write /home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/sitemapproducts.xmlGenerated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

The FS_CAT entry is incorrect. It should include the googlesitemap directory in it. What is the output if the alternate sitemap option is used?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The FS_CAT entry is incorrect. It should include the googlesitemap directory in it. What is the output if the alternate sitemap option is used?

Hi

Were can I change the FS_CAT entry, as it is in the normal directory.

Thank you

Hi

Were can I change the FS_CAT entry, as it is in the normal directory.

Thank you

If it helps here is my Admin Config File Details

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/Sarah/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/Sarah/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

If it helps here is my Admin Config File Details

This contribution only works on the shop side. If you installed it in your admin, it won't work. Since you posted your admins configure file, I assume that is what you did.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry, that my error it is installed in the Catalog area I just put the details to the wrong config file, below is the correct one.

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/lynd6113/public_html/jacqueschocolat.co.uk/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Sorry, that my error it is installed in the Catalog area I just put the details to the wrong config file, below is the correct one.

The confiugre file is not setup correct. See this thread on how to set it up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons