osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

i didn't put the real domain

if it helps the real domain is

http://www.k oshe rkasua l.com/googles itemap/

(please remove spaces)

The contribution comes with an index.html and index.php file. The index.html displays the documentation. The instructuons say to go to index.php. When I try that with your site, it gets redirected. You probably have some command in your .htaccess file causing that but it could be a server setting, in which case you need to ask your host how to fix it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

is there anyway to change this to use the seo friendly urls for categories and products?

It's automatic is you are using Ultimate SEO v2.2d. If you are using some other url rewriter, I don't know.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The path is not being picked up for some reason. Give this a try. At around line 266, find this line

$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG . (substr(DIR_FS_CATALOG, 0, -1) !== '/') ? '/' : '';

Below it, paste the following:

$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG . (substr(DIR_FS_CATALOG, 0, -1) !== '/') ? '/' : '';
									  echo 'set '.$this->savepath.'<br>';

Upload and see what happens. If that still fails, remove that change and use this instead

$this->savepath = '/home/topgoth/public_html/';

Please post the results of the first one either so I can get an idea of what the problem is.

Jack

I am running (trying to) Google XML Sitemap SEO V. 1.5 on a modified OSC 2.2RC.2 shop.

I faced the exactly same problem the above solution was made for. I replaced in sitemap.class.php (I didnt find the code you mention above)

$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG;

with

$this->savepath = '/home/spa/googlesitemap/';

but get the following error message:

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning:  glob() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /mnt/web8/23/46/51967246/htdocs/spa/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 429

Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mnt/web8/23/46/51967246/htdocs/spa/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 429

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 1
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 10
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/spa/googlesitemap/sitemapproducts
                   [status] => failure due to incorrect file name
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/spa/googlesitemap/sitemapcategories
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/spa/googlesitemap/sitemapindex
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

)

)

What exctly do I need to modify to make it work? :blink: Thanks in advance.

Warning: glob() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /mnt/web8/23/46/51967246/htdocs/spa/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 429

What exctly do I need to modify to make it work? :blink: Thanks in advance.

You can try changing this line

foreach ( glob($this->savepath . $pattern, GLOB_BRACE) as $filename ) {

to

foreach ( glob($this->savepath . $pattern, 128) as $filename ) {

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can try changing this line

foreach ( glob($this->savepath . $pattern, GLOB_BRACE) as $filename ) {

to

foreach ( glob($this->savepath . $pattern, 128) as $filename ) {

thanks for the help. You moved something, however there is a new error message as follows.

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning:  glob() [function.glob]: At least one of the passed flags is invalid or not supported on this platform in /mnt/web8/23/46/51967246/htdocs/spa/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 429

Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mnt/web8/23/46/51967246/htdocs/spa/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 429

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 1
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 10
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/spa/googlesitemap/sitemapproducts
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/spa/googlesitemap/sitemapcategories
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /home/spa/googlesitemap/sitemapindex
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

)

)

Could you give me a hint on what the invalid argument is and the filename is reported incorrect. The filename has not been changed. thanks in advance.

thanks for the help. You moved something, however there is a new error message as follows.

Warning: glob() [function.glob]: At least one of the passed flags is invalid or not supported on this platform in /mnt/web8/23/46/51967246/htdocs/spa/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 429

Could you give me a hint on what the invalid argument is and the filename is reported incorrect. The filename has not been changed. thanks in advance.

The error is about the same. The problem is that some servers don't fully support the glob function and that seems to be the case with yours. You could ask your host to update their php version. If they will, it should work as expected. If they won't, then either the code could be altered to not use glob, but that is not a quick chnage and isn't something that would be covered in a support thread like this, or you could change host to one that uses more modern code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The error is about the same. The problem is that some servers don't fully support the glob function and that seems to be the case with yours. You could ask your host to update their php version. If they will, it should work as expected. If they won't, then either the code could be altered to not use glob, but that is not a quick chnage and isn't something that would be covered in a support thread like this, or you could change host to one that uses more modern code.

Talked to the host and found out that the PHP 5 and MYSql 5 are used. i showed them the error message and they said that the glob function does exist on the server but it is not called correctly from the script. They said the parameters should be checked. How can i check the parameters? Its not a problem of the paths isnt it? :blink:

Thanks in advance for a quick note.

Talked to the host and found out that the PHP 5 and MYSql 5 are used. i showed them the error message and they said that the glob function does exist on the server but it is not called correctly from the script. They said the parameters should be checked. How can i check the parameters? Its not a problem of the paths isnt it? :blink:

Thanks in advance for a quick note.

Hmm, works on dozens of servers but is coded incorrectly. I suppose it is possible. But it makes no difference if they aren't going to compile it into their php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread, I can't see for looking sometimes...I'm using Google XML Sitemap SEO and Ultimate SEO URL's and the XML files are generating standard links for the product_info.php files i.e. something like: ...shop/product_info.php?products_id=23

The problem is that google is ignoring these links saying they redirect to other pages, presumably because Ultimate SEO URLs is redirecting the link when it arives at the site.

Is there any way I can ensure that the XML file links are the same as those produced by USU?

Thanks in advance

Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread, I can't see for looking sometimes...I'm using Google XML Sitemap SEO and Ultimate SEO URL's and the XML files are generating standard links for the product_info.php files i.e. something like: ...shop/product_info.php?products_id=23

The problem is that google is ignoring these links saying they redirect to other pages, presumably because Ultimate SEO URLs is redirecting the link when it arives at the site.

Is there any way I can ensure that the XML file links are the same as those produced by USU?

If you are using Ultimate SEO V2.2d, then it should work automatically. If you are using some other version of Ultimate SEO, or any other url rewriter, it may not work correctly. You can look at the actual sitemap files to see how they are written: http://yourdomain.com/sitemapproducts.xml

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are using Ultimate SEO V2.2d, then it should work automatically. If you are using some other version of Ultimate SEO, or any other url rewriter, it may not work correctly. You can look at the actual sitemap files to see how they are written: http://yourdomain.com/sitemapproducts.xml

I'm more confused now, I currently use Ultimate SEO v2.2d. The product urls look like this:

.....shop/accessories-bronze-fabric-cord-p-70.html

but the xml file links look like this:

......shop/product_info.php?products_id=70

So when google checks the links it's hitting a redirect and doesn't seem to like it.

I'm more confused now, I currently use Ultimate SEO v2.2d. The product urls look like this:

.....shop/accessories-bronze-fabric-cord-p-70.html

but the xml file links look like this:

......shop/product_info.php?products_id=70

So when google checks the links it's hitting a redirect and doesn't seem to like it.

The code in this contribution checks for the seo url setting and then uses the seo url code if it is on. So it would seem something is wrong with your installation of Ultimate SEO. You can try running the test routine with this contribution and also try the alternate option.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello one and all,

I've added this contribution, (as well as Sitemap SEO and Ultimate SEO URL's), and I'm wondering whether or not I've done something wrong!

If my memory serves me correctly, when I first checked my Google Webmaster Tools Sitemap page, I'm sure I saw a number of 'URLs in Web Index' shown, but it now reads zero for both sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapproducts.xml.

Should this be the case?

Edited by Neilsson

I've added this contribution, (as well as Sitemap SEO and Ultimate SEO URL's), and I'm wondering whether or not I've done something wrong!

If my memory serves me correctly, when I first checked my Google Webmaster Tools Sitemap page, I'm sure I saw a number of 'URLs in Web Index' shown, but it now reads zero for both sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapproducts.xml.

Should this be the case?

There's a place in your google sitemap account where you can check for errors. You should look there to see if they are finding a problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's a place in your google sitemap account where you can check for errors. You should look there to see if they are finding a problem.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the prompt response. I've posted a link to a screenshot of the Sitemaps page below;

sitemaps page

Is this where you meant to check for errors?

Edited by Neilsson

Thanks for the prompt response. I've posted a link to a screenshot of the Sitemaps page below;

sitemaps page

Is this where you meant to check for errors?

No. Click on Diagnostics and look at crawl errors. But, from the image, it appears you haven't added your sitemapindex file.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No. Click on Diagnostics and look at crawl errors. But, from the image, it appears you haven't added your sitemapindex file.

Here's a link to a screenshot of my dashboard page, where you can see the sitemapindex.xml link I click on that opens the sitemaps page as shown in the screenshot in my last post;

dashboard page

There is one crawl error shown as unreachable. After clicking on the link, it opens a 'crawl errors' page which shows the following link:,

listed as unreachable!

However, I can reach that page when clicking on it. I can't work that one out!

Edited by Neilsson

There is one crawl error shown as unreachable. After clicking on the link, it opens a 'crawl errors' page which shows the following link:,

listed as unreachable!

However, I can reach that page when clicking on it. I can't work that one out!

The difference is that that link has a language argument (language=en). You need to have a contribution installed to issue a canonical tag for that. You should also have a meta tags contribution installed. Header Tags SEO does both of those.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The difference is that that link has a language argument (language=en). You need to have a contribution installed to issue a canonical tag for that. You should also have a meta tags contribution installed. Header Tags SEO does both of those.

Thanks Jack,

I'll have a go at installing Header Tags!

Hi Jack,

Have you just increased the price for your installation service for this contribution?

I thought it was $60 but I just checked the website and it said it was $65.

Hi Jack,

Have you just increased the price for your installation service for this contribution?

I thought it was $60 but I just checked the website and it said it was $65.

No, it was never $60, at least that I recall. It was $55 but that was well over a year ago, maybe even two.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Just stopping in to say THANK YOU! I uninstalled the Dynamic Sitemap (couldn't get it working like I wanted) -- and I installed Sitemap SEO. WONDERFUL CONTRIBUTION!!! :)

Thanks again,

Cindy

I find the fun in everything.

Hi Jack,

Just stopping in to say THANK YOU! I uninstalled the Dynamic Sitemap (couldn't get it working like I wanted) -- and I installed Sitemap SEO. WONDERFUL CONTRIBUTION!!! :)

Thanks again,

Cindy

You're welcome. And thank you for the kind workds. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the great contribution.

I have a multilanguage website with Ultimate SEO URLS 5 and Header Tags SEO, and when i generate my sitemap (using version 1.5) I only get the pages for my default language.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks and regards,

floydax.