• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Sometime in the past two weeks, sitemapspecials.xml will not verfify. This is what I see when at webmaster tools:

Invalid date -

An invalid date was found. Please fix the date or formatting before resubmitting.

The Last modification date is like 1969-12-31.

But the other xml pages is not a problem. In fact, I know i updated the specials just last month. You may seee what I mean at sitemapspecials.xml. The dates of the othersis correct years 2009 & 2010 .

I've resubmitted, but smae error message. Does not make any sense why the specials is the only one that will not verify. By the way I am using Sitemap SEO XMLv_1.4 and my store is RC2A

Thanks.

Bennett

Sometime in the past two weeks, sitemapspecials.xml will not verfify. This is what I see when at webmaster tools:

The date in the maps have to valid. The code of this contribution gets the date from the database so that date is invalid for some reason. You will need to edit the specials products to have a valid date and recreate the map.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question regarding Google XML Sitemap SEO. Hello, I am developing my site using, Header Tags SEO, and Ultimate SEO URLs. I am now looking for a Goolgle sitemap, and an html site map for my visitors. If I install this contribution will I also need to find an html sitemap contribution, if so can someone suggest one that will work with this one? Using oscommerce 2.2 RC2 and PHP 5. Thank You.

I have a question regarding Google XML Sitemap SEO. Hello, I am developing my site using, Header Tags SEO, and Ultimate SEO URLs. I am now looking for a Goolgle sitemap, and an html site map for my visitors. If I install this contribution will I also need to find an html sitemap contribution, if so can someone suggest one that will work with this one? Using oscommerce 2.2 RC2 and PHP 5. Thank You.

This contribution is strictly for the search engines. For one for your customers, I recommend Sitemap SEO (see MyAddons).

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

for anyone that can help, i get the error below, it does not work in alternate mode but the good news is all other sitemaps are generated fine, In diagnostic mode no further info is revealed

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

for anyone that can help, i get the error below, it does not work in alternate mode but the good news is all other sitemaps are generated fine, In diagnostic mode no further info is revealed

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

The diagnostic has to output more data when ran since it is part of the code. For that matter, a normal failure would have to show more information. So if that is all you are seeing, then there is something wrong with your installation or your server is preventing the code from working correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

How do i uninstall the SQL?

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible)
VALUES ('289', 'Google XML SEO', 'Google XML Sitemap SEO Options', '29', '1');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function)
VALUES (NULL,'Sitemap file', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Standard', 'Which file to use for the sitemap creation. Use Standard unless it doesn\'t work correctly.<br>(Standard=on Alternate=off)', '289', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Standard\', \'Alternate\'), ', now(), NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function)
VALUES (NULL,'Enable Manufacturers Map', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_CREATE_MANU', 'false', 'Set to true if you would like a site map created for your manufactureres.<br>(true=on false=off)', '289', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);
VALUES (NULL,'Enable Specials Map', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_CREATE_SPECIALS', 'false', 'Set to true if you would like a site map created for your specials.<br>(true=on false=off)', '289', '7', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);
VALUES (NULL,'Enable Standard Pages Map', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_CREATE_PAGES', 'false', 'Set to true if you would like a site map created for your standard pages.<br>(true=on false=off)', '289', '10', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);
VALUES (NULL,'Enable Diagnostic Output', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_SHOW_DIAGNOSTIC', 'false', 'Set to true if you would like debug information displayed. This is useful if the site maps are not being created correctly.<br>(true=on false=off)', '289', '15', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);
VALUES (NULL, 'Exclude these pages', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE_PAGES', '', 'Add these pages to the built-in file exclude list. This will prevent the links from being added to the pages site map.', '289', '20', NULL, now(), NULL);

DROP something something.. I wanted to update from an older version. Now I have 2 rows of everything in admin->configuration->Google XML Sitemap

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Forum,

my English it not the best but I try to tell you my Problem...

I´ve installed Sitemap SEO, but everytime I want to create the sitemaps I get the following error:

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 586
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 49
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /sitemapproducts.xml
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /sitemapcategories.xml
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /sitemapindex.xml
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

)

)

What is my mistake.

Some more Infos...

-attribut of all xml files = 777

-all xml files are in the root

-additional I have installed ultimate SEO URL´s

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english :)

What is my mistake.

Have you tried using the alternate setting? If so and it still fails, then enable the test routine and paste the results here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Using Google XML Sitemap v1.4 and Ultimate SEO URLS v2-2.2d8

This is in regards to the sitemap generating SEO friendly urls.

They used to be created but now all the urls are unfriendly i.e. "product_info?products_id=xx" .... instead of the friendly urls.

Only change recently made was an addition of the Links Manager II contribution.

Anyone know/experienced this issue?

Edited by tadman

Hi

Using Google XML Sitemap v1.4 and Ultimate SEO URLS v2-2.2d8

This is in regards to the sitemap generating SEO friendly urls.

They used to be created but now all the urls are unfriendly i.e. "product_info?products_id=xx" .... instead of the friendly urls.

Only change recently made was an addition of the Links Manager II contribution.

Anyone know/experienced this issue?

All of those contributions work well together. You may want to upgrade to Ultimate SEO URLS v2-2.2d9 but I don't recall if version 8 had any problems like this. The google sitemap code checks if Ultimate SEO is enabled and uses the modified link code if it is. If the links in your shop are working correctly (being rewritten), then it seems the database setting isn't being seen.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, Congratulations for your valuable contributions, i have a couple of questions:

* Im using also USU 5, all sitemaps are generated successfully, but only shows the default language, is it suppose to work like this?? If i can get more clicks with more languages, how can they show up in sitemap??

* catalog/sitemapindex.xml - Sent URL's 377 - Indexed URL's 8 !?!?!?!?!?

* catalog/sitemapproducts.xml - Sent URL's 258 - Indexed URL's 0 !?!?!?!?!?

* catalog/sitemapcategories.xml - Sent URL's 19 - Indexed URL's 0 !?!?!?!?!?

* catalog/sitemapmanufacturers.xml - Sent URL's 26 - Indexed URL's 0 !?!?!?!?!?

* catalog/sitemappages.xml - Sent URL's 14 - Indexed URL's 8 !?!?!?!?!?

How come in more then 500 URL's properly submited with USU5 and Kissmetatags & Canonical Header i'm only getting indexed 8 url's ???????

Thanks

* Im using also USU 5, all sitemaps are generated successfully, but only shows the default language, is it suppose to work like this?? If i can get more clicks with more languages, how can they show up in sitemap??

How come in more then 500 URL's properly submited with USU5 and Kissmetatags & Canonical Header i'm only getting indexed 8 url's ???????

See the previous posts about languages in this thread.

I don't offer support for SEO 5. You will need to ask in the support thread for it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, another fine contribution - thanks for all your sterling work. I think it all went smoothly, I've just a follow-up question... ok two.

1. In the products sitemap, one of the products pages has priority 1.0 while all the rest have 0.1 - is this by design, is it usual, is it configurable etc? I can't see any reason why that product would be any different. Sitemap is http://neo-lasers.co.uk/shop-two/sitemapproducts.xml

2. where could I have found the answer to 1 for myself?

Thanks in advance.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hi Jack, another fine contribution - thanks for all your sterling work. I think it all went smoothly, I've just a follow-up question... ok two.

1. In the products sitemap, one of the products pages has priority 1.0 while all the rest have 0.1 - is this by design, is it usual, is it configurable etc? I can't see any reason why that product would be any different. Sitemap is http://neo-lasers.co.uk/shop-two/sitemapproducts.xml

2. where could I have found the answer to 1 for myself?

Thank you.

1 - the code uses the date of the product (last modified, I think) to determine the priority.

2 - you would have had to have gone through the code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

typo bug around line 422 on sitemap.class.php:

$content = '<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="gss.xsl"?>' . "\n"; //human readable

to:

$content .= '<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="gss.xsl"?>' . "\n"; //human readable

a few questions to the master after I noticed bing, yahoo and ask doesn't like too much my 20k xml product file

•  
  • bing, yahoo, ask will feel better using a sitemap.org standard xml header protocol?:
    eg:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">

• dealing with 4-5mb xml file lead to set GOOGLE_SITEMAP_COMPRESS to true?
    but how is seen the .gz output outside google empire?

• GOOGLE_SITEMAP_PAGES_CHANGE_FREQ is declared twice at the beginning on index.php, why?
    Anyway I change products price daily... need I to declare it on the sitemap changefreq?

• I think priority ratio score could be better calculated including "most viewed" in the math?
    if you think it's a good idea i'm going to write few lines of code.. let me know?!?

good job!

mercurio

eBay certified API developer - Google Adwords API developer - OSC developer - SEO consultant - Italian, Rome based

typo bug around line 422 on sitemap.class.php:

$content = '<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="gss.xsl"?>' . "\n"; //human readable

to:

$content .= '<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="gss.xsl"?>' . "\n"; //human readable

a few questions to the master after I noticed bing, yahoo and ask doesn't like too much my 20k xml product file

•  
  • bing, yahoo, ask will feel better using a sitemap.org standard xml header protocol?:
    eg:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">

• dealing with 4-5mb xml file lead to set GOOGLE_SITEMAP_COMPRESS to true?
    but how is seen the .gz output outside google empire?

• GOOGLE_SITEMAP_PAGES_CHANGE_FREQ is declared twice at the beginning on index.php, why?
    Anyway I change products price daily... need I to declare it on the sitemap changefreq?

• I think priority ratio score could be better calculated including "most viewed" in the math?
    if you think it's a good idea i'm going to write few lines of code.. let me know?!?

good job!

mercurio

ADDENDUM:

typo bug around line 636 on sitemap.class.php:

$priority = '.1';

to:

$priority = .5;

prevents XML output to declare default 0.5 instead of .1

eBay certified API developer - Google Adwords API developer - OSC developer - SEO consultant - Italian, Rome based

Hi Jack,

I have just installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.2.2 and Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9 it all works great thanks.

I have a small requirement, I run a blog on my site and it is in another database. How do I get those URLs into my XML sitemap as well?

I looked through the forums and couldnt find the answer. I even opened up the sitemap.class.php file but didnt want to touch it as far as possible.

Any tips?

Thanks a lot.

Peter

I have just installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.2.2 and Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9 it all works great thanks.

I have a small requirement, I run a blog on my site and it is in another database. How do I get those URLs into my XML sitemap as well?

You can't with this contribution since the blog isn't part of oscommerce. Search the web for sites that allow you to create google sitemaps and create a sitemap using one of those. If it is something that needs to be done more often, or you just didn't want to do that, you would have to have a script written for it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can't with this contribution since the blog isn't part of oscommerce. Search the web for sites that allow you to create google sitemaps and create a sitemap using one of those. If it is something that needs to be done more often, or you just didn't want to do that, you would have to have a script written for it.

Thanks for the clarification Jack, I know I need to work harder! LOL

Will work on the script right away.

Thanks for the clarification Jack, I know I need to work harder! LOL

Will work on the script right away.

Hi Jack,

Just to update you, I have noticed that if the date_added and last_modified in categories & products tables are blank, null or 0000-00-00 00:00:00 then the sitemap lastmod date shows an illegal date. I was flagged off by Google for illegal dates in products & categories xml sitemaps.

Of course I had used a program to pull it into the database which explains why it was NULL but others may have similar problems, so this is just a suggestion to update the GenerateProductSitemap() & similar functions to take this into account.

Thanks!