• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

From the instructions:

2) Set the file permissions on the sitemap... files to the same settings on the images directory.

4) Go to admin->Configuration->Google XML SEO and set the options to your liking.

Hi Jack,

I played around with it and I did it. It showed the successful message! Yeah! Thanks so much for all your help!!!! I really really appreciate it and thankful that you are here to help people like me!

Sabrina

Hi Jack,

It did show this message:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 771

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Something is not set up right?

Sabrina

From the instructions,

If the sitemaps fail to generate, then go to admin->Configuration->Google XML SEO and switch to the alternate class and try again.
Did you try that?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

From the instructions, Did you try that?

When it's set at alternate, everything fails. When it's set at alternate and the diagnostic set true, everything fails. Instead, when I switch to standard with diagnostic set false,it shows the following message:

Write shopsitemapproducts.xml

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Write shopsitemapcategories.xml

Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Write shopsitemapspecials.xml

Generated Google Specials Sitemap Successfully

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 771

Write shopsitemapindex.xml

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 71

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 10

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 3

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => shopsitemapproducts.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => shopsitemapcategories.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => shopsitemapspecials.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => shopsitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

So, just that one part says failed.

What is the failure when the diagnostic option is on?

If it's set at standard, diagnostic option set either on or off shows the same message as I posted above. If I set at alternate with diagnostic option on, it shows the following:

Opening /sitemapproducts.xml

FS_CAT shop

Server http://teenyshoesmart.com

Save Path /

WS_CAT /shop/

Warning: fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapcategories.xml

FS_CAT shop

Save Path /

WS_CAT /shop/

Warning: fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapspecials.xml

FS_CAT shop

Save Path /

WS_CAT /shop/

Warning: fopen(/sitemapspecials.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Specials Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 781

Opening /sitemapindex.xml

FS_CAT shop

Save Path /

WS_CAT /shop/

Warning: fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 71

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 10

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 3

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapspecials.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

Opening /sitemapproducts.xml

FS_CAT shop

Save Path /

WS_CAT /shop/

These are incorrect. Please post your includes/configure.php file here (don't include the database information near the bottom).

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

These are incorrect. Please post your includes/configure.php file here (don't include the database information near the bottom).

Here is everything from my includes/configure.php file:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://teenyshoesmart.com');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://harperds.fatcow.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'teenyshoesmart.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'teenyshoesmart.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');

Thanks sooooo much!!!

Edited by Mark Evans

Here is everything from my includes/configure.php file:

<?php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'teenyshoesmart.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'teenyshoesmart.com');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'shop');

?>

The above need to be changed to

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.teenyshoesmart.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.teenyshoesmart.com');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Also, I just found out that I can't change anything in the includes/configure.php file. Is that normal?

The permissions may be set to something like 444, which will prevent you from making changes. You will need to change them to 644, make the changes and then change them back to 444. You will probably only be able to do the last via your hosts control panel.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The permissions may be set to something like 444, which will prevent you from making changes. You will need to change them to 644, make the changes and then change them back to 444. You will probably only be able to do the last via your hosts control panel.

Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much Jack! It works now :-) I changed the code and changed standard into alternate and it works now. It shows a bunch of successful messages :-) Now, I can start working on the meta tag one :-)

Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much Jack! It works now :-) I changed the code and changed standard into alternate and it works now. It shows a bunch of successful messages :-) Now, I can start working on the meta tag one :-)

Congratulations for sticking with it. Just be sure to verify the links are in the same format as the actual urls and that they are accepted by google (check your google sitemap account for that). I recommend enabling the pages sitemap (you'll have to add that in your google account).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

thanks to jack for his contrib!

I've installed it and it also generates a sitemap, BUT is uses the original links, like catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6677. As I do have SEO URLs 5 installed and those links are automatically redirected to the actual link which is e.g. catalog/product_info.php/schweizerisches-bundesstaatsrecht-p-3953 --> due to this redirection Google gives me the following error:

URLs not followed

When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL.

Anyone any ideas where I could have made an error/which settings need to be corrected?

I've installed it and it also generates a sitemap, BUT is uses the original links, like catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6677. As I do have SEO URLs 5 installed and those links are automatically redirected to the actual link which is e.g.

Anyone any ideas where I could have made an error/which settings need to be corrected?

You'll need to ask in the support thread for SEO URLs 5 to see if there is a fix for that or switch to Ultimate SEO V2.2d.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You'll need to ask in the support thread for SEO URLs 5 to see if there is a fix for that or switch to Ultimate SEO V2.2d.

USU5 doesn't need a fix but this contribution did/does.

There is a directory in extras named Google XML Sitemap SEO in which there are two corrected files.

The corrections remove the hardcoding of series 2 seo urls, reintroduces the use of the standard tep_href_link() function and thereby opens up this contribution to any url rewriter.

The only difference in operation is that you use wget in the cron command.

Edited by FWR Media

USU5 doesn't need a fix but this contribution did/does.

There is a directory in extras named Google XML Sitemap SEO in which there are two corrected files.

The corrections remove the hardcoding of series 2 seo urls, reintroduces the use of the standard tep_href_link() function and thereby opens up this contribution to any url rewriter.

The only difference in operation is that you use wget in the cron command.

Thanks a lot!

I'd be interested in knowing how google handles all of the maps - whether they accept all of the links or not. On a site, two links to the same product with the language set can be considered duplicate pages. If they see that as the case in the maps, they will refuse some of the entries. If they accept them, then I would expect the total number of accepted links per language is the same for all languages.

Hi Jack,

I did not forget you but there are problems in google.

So I am involved in a long discussion in google but maybe I find a solution that other languages will also be indexed from sitemaps (not now how oscommerce works with languages).

If I have the final answer (soon I guess) I report you all my findings (learned a lot).

Edited by Felix Scheiffers

Hi Jack,

I'm running the 1.4 version of this contribution, four languages. I'm experiencing the following:

sitemapspecials.xml

I have total of 8 products in category specials, however sitemapspecials.xml shows four identical (all English language) links for each product, 32 links in total. The sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapproducts.xml are OK - one link per category and one link per product.

Any ideas please?

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

I'm running the 1.4 version of this contribution, four languages. I'm experiencing the following:

sitemapspecials.xml

I have total of 8 products in category specials, however sitemapspecials.xml shows four identical (all English language) links for each product, 32 links in total. The sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapproducts.xml are OK - one link per category and one link per product.

Hmm, I ran a quick test and see the problem here but I don't see a reason for it. The code for the specials page is nearly identical to the other two sections of code. I'll add look into it when I get a chance.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, I ran a quick test and see the problem here but I don't see a reason for it. The code for the specials page is nearly identical to the other two sections of code. I'll add look into it when I get a chance.

I know, that was the first thing I did - compared that bit of code to those other sections, even tested with the sitemap.class from the previous version or two.

Edited by mr_absinthe

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Hi Jack,

Just a thankyou for continuing this contribution.

I have had previous versions installed for a couple of years, but always had maps rejected due to redirect errors etc.

Installed the latest version of your and all maps are woking perfectly,

your hard work is very much valued,

regards,

anthony

Hi Jack,

I updated SEO URLS and sitemapspecials.xml contains the same links as products. The google don't index specials.

special link in xml:

http://xxx.hu/disztarcsa-15-collos-disztarcsa-alfa-ezust-15-collos-disztarcsa-p-523.html

in sitemapproducts.xml find this:

http://xxx.hu/disztarcsa-15-collos-disztarcsa-alfa-ezust-15-collos-disztarcsa-p-523.html

They are similar.

Have you got any idea? Is it normal function? Should I wait more days than two?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

I updated SEO URLS and sitemapspecials.xml contains the same links as products. The google don't index specials.

They are similar.

Have you got any idea? Is it normal function? Should I wait more days than two?

I'm not sure they will list both since the products are identical. But be sure you have added the sitemapspecials.xml file to your google account.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

Thanks for your replies. Stupid question I know but I have installed Sitemap_SEO_V_1.7, but don't have any xml files. How do I generate them? Do I need to have the original contribution installed? The sitemap.php works fine, but can't find the xmls.....any advice very much appreciated...

thanks,

Graham