• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

If 1.3 was working I can't imagine why 1.4 would fail. The home\wihirt\www\catalog/sitemapindex.xml is coming from your includes/configure.php file. There shouldn't be a reason why the \ and / won't work properly as is but I would look at the configure file for problems since that is not how it is usually setup. You may also want to try the alternate file to see if that work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I just moved (replicated) a development build to a new domain on the same server; replicated the database too and all seems well. The xml sitemap works fine and gives the CONGRATULATIONS! All files generated successfully.

Now, the original doamain works flawlwssly, but not on the clone. When I tested http://www.mydomain.com/googlesitemap/index.php, with both standard and alternate class, I get the long list of errors at the top.. Do I need to do something to reset because of the domain name change?

errors

1x Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG - assumed 'DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG' in /var/www/...
Then 20x diferent Constant Already Defined erors ending /includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 387
1x Notice: Undefined index: USE_SEO_CACHE_LINK_PAGES in /var/www
Then a bunch of Undefined variable cName errors ending includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1001
then all the Generated Google Sitemap etc succesfully's

Anything I need to do to clean up all those errors?

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

It's due to how the errors are handled on the new server. Php spits out a lot of warnings that can generally be ignored. In this case though, you can try switching the order of these two lines in googlesitemap/index.php

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);
require_once('includes/configure.php');

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If 1.3 was working I can't imagine why 1.4 would fail. The home\wihirt\www\catalog/sitemapindex.xml is coming from your includes/configure.php file. There shouldn't be a reason why the \ and / won't work properly as is but I would look at the configure file for problems since that is not how it is usually setup. You may also want to try the alternate file to see if that work.

I did try the alternate and got this,

Opening /sitemapproducts.xml

FS_CAT \home\wihirt\www\catalog/

Server http://www.koolkatjazz.com

Save Path /

WS_CAT /catalog/

Warning: fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapcategories.xml

Save Path /

WS_CAT /catalog/

Warning: fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 438

Opening /sitemapindex.xml

Save Path /

WS_CAT /catalog/

Warning: fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 466

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 51

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

It's due to how the errors are handled on the new server. Php spits out a lot of warnings that can generally be ignored. In this case though, you can try switching the order of these two lines in googlesitemap/index.php

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);
require_once('includes/configure.php');

OK that did fix the first error - Thank you

What errors remain are:

About 20x diferent Notice:Constant Already Defined erors ending... /includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 387

~ line 387

* This function evaluates the default serrings into defined constants 
* @author Bobby Easland 
* @version 1.0
*/        
       function eval_defaults(){
               foreach( $this->default_config as $key => $value ){
                       define($key, $value['DEFAULT']);
               } # end foreach
       } # end function

Next error shows:

Notice: Undefined index: USE_SEO_CACHE_LINK_PAGES in /var/xxx/xxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 652

~ line 652

if ( $this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_LINK_PAGES'] == 'true' && defined('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES')) $this->generate_links_cache();

Then a bunch of: Notice: Undefined variable: cName in /var/xxx/xxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1001

~line 1001

function get_product_name($pID){
          $result = array();
          if ($this->attributes['SEO_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS'] == 'true') {
             $cName = $this->get_all_category_parents($pID, $cName);
          }

then all the Generated Google Sitemap etc succesfully's

php5.1.6 mysql5.0.7.7. I use ULT SEO URLSv22d_5, and have caches set to true for all except Articles, Topics, and I just switched Link Directory to false (I do not think I have this - what contribution is that refering to?)

So do I need to concern myself with any of this? It just always bugs me until I resolve errors :)

-Dave

I did try the alternate and got this,

Did you change the permissions on the xml files as instruction in the install file?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, they all show 777

The line in the diagnostic that reads "Opening /sitemapcategories.xml" is incorrect. It should contain the path to that file and that comes from the DIR_FS_CATALOG line in the configure file. So it seems you have a mistake in your condigure file. Try fixing that and trying again. You can see this thread if you need help with that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello,

could someone please help? I have problems with the character_conversion_pack

do you know why does the characters conversion fails with these characters below? (but 'é' => 'e', 'á' => 'a' works)

thanks

s

<?php
// Hungarian
$char_convert = array('ő' => 'o', 'ö' => 'o', 'ű' => 'u', 'ü' => 'u','Ű' => 'U','Ő' => 'O', 'Ö' => 'O' );
?>

Hi,

I am trying to add google sitemap to my website, i have downloaded googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.3 contribution.

I am following the Installation: but i am stuck on one bit.

"Run the included google_xml_sitemap_seo.sql file using phpmyadmin". I am not sure how to do it.

I have searched everywhere but can not find the answer

Could someone please give me a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

I am having almost the same issue as above, except I am unsure where/how I use phpMyAdmin and I have never used it before. Should I be using the phpMyAdmin on my server's cpanel? or must I build one myself first? (from the phpMyAdmin site)

Ive tried to use the one on my cpanel to run googlexml_sitemap_seo.sql but didn't want to break anything. I also get confused between phpMyAdmin and MySQL when I use the server side.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nick

just click on import in phpmyadmin and open the sql file, than open the yourdomain.com/catalog/googlesitemap/index.php (don't forget to set 777 on the xml files)

other way I could run that but my xml files contains index.php?cPath=202 instead of the nice URLs, how could I get nice URLs in XML sitemap files?

I am having almost the same issue as above, except I am unsure where/how I use phpMyAdmin and I have never used it before. Should I be using the phpMyAdmin on my server's cpanel? or must I build one myself first? (from the phpMyAdmin site)

Ive tried to use the one on my cpanel to run googlexml_sitemap_seo.sql but didn't want to break anything. I also get confused between phpMyAdmin and MySQL when I use the server side.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nick

The line in the diagnostic that reads "Opening /sitemapcategories.xml" is incorrect. It should contain the path to that file and that comes from the DIR_FS_CATALOG line in the configure file. So it seems you have a mistake in your condigure file. Try fixing that and trying again. You can see this thread if you need help with that.

That was it :-)

Opening /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml

FS_CAT /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/

Save Path /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/

WS_CAT /catalog/

Write /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

SELECT categories_id as cID, date_added, last_modified as last_mod

FROM categories

ORDER BY parent_id ASC, sort_order ASC, categories_id ASCOpening /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

WS_CAT /catalog/

Write /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Opening /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/sitemapindex.xml

WS_CAT /catalog/

Write /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/sitemapindex.xml

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

CONGRATULATIONS! All files generated successfully.

If you have not already submitted the sitemap index to Google click the link below.

Before you do I HIGHLY recommend that you view the XML files to make sure the data is correct.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.koolkatjazz.com%2Fcatalog%2Fsitemapindex.xml

For your convenience here is the CRON command for your site:

php /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/index.php

Here is your sitemap index: http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/sitemapindex.xml

Here is your product sitemap: http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml

Here is your category sitemap: http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

Thank you Jack

just click on import in phpmyadmin and open the sql file, than open the yourdomain.com/catalog/googlesitemap/index.php (don't forget to set 777 on the xml files)

other way I could run that but my xml files contains index.php?cPath=202 instead of the nice URLs, how could I get nice URLs in XML sitemap files?

Sweet! I beleive thats working, It completed 7 queries but when i visit googlesitemap/index.php I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

~Probably just forgot to give full permissions to all the files, gonna check that now.

Thanks

Nick

I missed my target with me previous post :(

So I would like to use Google XML Sitemap SEO with ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5 I could run the script but my xml files contains index.php?cPath=202 instead of the nice URLs (boxedproduct-c-202.html), how could I get nice URLs in XML sitemap files?

thanks in advance

s

Sweet! I beleive thats working, It completed 7 queries but when i visit googlesitemap/index.php I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

~Probably just forgot to give full permissions to all the files, gonna check that now.

Thanks

Nick

I changed the googlesitemap folder and all subsequent files/folders to 755 and I am about to submit my sitemaps to Google.

Thank you for the help, but before I submit the sitemaps should I be worried the URLs in the sitemaps do not actually end in relevant words (just http...id=19 etc.)

Thanks again

Nick

I missed my target with me previous post :(

So I would like to use Google XML Sitemap SEO with ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5 I could run the script but my xml files contains index.php?cPath=202 instead of the nice URLs (boxedproduct-c-202.html), how could I get nice URLs in XML sitemap files?

thanks in advance

s

Switch to Ultimate SEO V 2.2d_5 or check with SEO 5 for a fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for the help, but before I submit the sitemaps should I be worried the URLs in the sitemaps do not actually end in relevant words (just http...id=19 etc.)

If you are not using a url rewriter, then, no. If you are using one, then it should be fixed. It is not a major worrry but it is a problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Okey after messing around days i feel im still not no where - actually i feel i'm worst off then before

Anyway - i have installed first the Sitemap SEO V 1.5 (where i did not see any change on traffic or anything after a week of install.. but i guess i must wait more a bit). Then again now i just discovered that it is not actually working after installing Google XML addon (is there any Google XML files that might overwrite the Sitemap SEO files?).

So anyway i wanted to submit real XML site-map and i installed "Google XML Sitemap - Admin 2.2" everything seems to work (no errors) but when i try to submit it to google - but google does not like it (http://funbox.ee/OSc/ror.xml ).

When i look it in Opera it just shows my website name's inside the file and nothing more - what might be wrong?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

[ I do not speak good English, so I hope ya understand ]

So anyway i wanted to submit real XML site-map and i installed "Google XML Sitemap - Admin 2.2"

Please post questions about other contributions in their own support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello; I instlled this add-on... Everything works and generats just fine... The problem I am having is when I submit to google...

My sitemapproducts.xml... I am getting this back from google... Its only on a few products.. I went into the database and checked the date and they are current...

Any Ideas...

Thank You...

Line Status Details

6 Invalid date

An invalid date was found. Please fix the date or formatting before resubmitting. Parent tag: url

Tag: lastmod

Value: 1969-12-31

Problem detected on: Nov 19, 2009

12 Invalid date

An invalid date was found. Please fix the date or formatting before resubmitting. Parent tag: url

24 Invalid date

30 Invalid date

36 Invalid date

Hello; I instlled this add-on... Everything works and generats just fine... The problem I am having is when I submit to google...

My sitemapproducts.xml... I am getting this back from google... Its only on a few products.. I went into the database and checked the date and they are current...

Any Ideas...

I don't know what date google uses as the oldest possible date but I doubt they will allow one that is before the Internet was available for sites (1969). :) You need to edit those dates and send google an updated feed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons