• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Is there a way to make it work with SEO URLs? ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r84_rc in particular.

I am using googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.1 contrib and it still output the URLs in the old format with ?s in them. Is there a way to make it work with SEO URLs?

OSC beginner

Hi

it is done now.It is the SEO URLs contrib itself.

Thanks.

In the Ultimate SEo Urls 5 you can find under the folder extras, 2 files (googlesitemap/index.php and googlesitema/sitemap_class that you have to replace when you use the Google XML sitemap.

The sitemap works then, except for the sitemappages.xml. In the forum of the USU5 contrib, you can find some extra code to have that working too. It's not optimal, I don't think all the options work, because the first 2 files in update USU5_84 are based on version 1.1 and the extra code in the forum is code that FWR media gave very fast. But I get the sitemaps out ok, so that's the most important.

I don't think that FWR media will do more about the contrib, so maybe Jack can do something with the files FWR media changed, so the contrib will work correctly as intended with Ultimate SEo urls 5, that would be nice. :rolleyes:

wonderful contribution!

I just upgraded from 1.1 to 1.2

Before upgrading, I have found sitemapspecial.xml creates duplicate links and thought that the update would fix this, but this has not happened.

Is it normal that sitemapspecial.xml generate duplicate links? Do I have to configure anything?

Greetings

wonderful contribution!

I just upgraded from 1.1 to 1.2

Before upgrading, I have found sitemapspecial.xml creates duplicate links and thought that the update would fix this, but this has not happened.

Is it normal that sitemapspecial.xml generate duplicate links? Do I have to configure anything?

Greetings

The code creates the map entries from the specials tables so I don't see how there could be duplicates unless it is due to more than one language, maybe. But even then, the url should be diffrent. Are the duplicate entries in the specials sitemap really duplicates (exactly the same) or just similar?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you. I ran it here on a shop with more than one language and the maps were created correctly. Perhaps the duplicates are linked products?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Fixed date code error in sitemap_class.php for sitemappages and articles manager.

- Fixed error in code for pages sitemap that would not calculate the path correctly on some servers.

- Added code to prevent empty sitemaps from being entered into sitemapindex.php.

- Corrected installation instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/usernameremoved/public_html/');

using yesterday's version and still same issue

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Please assist.

Thanks

Edited by kevinmaharaj

Not sure why it's still not happening.

Could this be any conflict with Dynamic Meta Tags?

No, it should work find with that contribution. Try running the diagnostic.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/usernameremoved/public_html/');

using yesterday's version and still same issue

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Please assist.

Thanks

Try using the diagnostic option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No change even after changing to 777. Have open a support ticket with my host.

Now if for some odd reason, if the host says it's not server, but the contribution that I installed - is there another version which I can look into? I am running osc ver Rc2a. What about this contribution?

Thanks Jack and this forum for all the suggestions.

Bennett

Jack, thankks for the updated ver. As of this morning , my problems using this contribution has not been solved between my host and I. I noticed you uploades a new version which should solve my problem because of server issues.

So Jack, I removd previous and installed the latest product. All is looking good. This is what I see now when going herer!

Write /xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/sitemapproducts.xmlGenerated Google Product Sitemap Successfully
Write /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/sitemapcategories.xmlGenerated Google Category Sitemap Successfully
Write /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/sitemapmanufacturers.xmlGenerated Google Manufacturers Sitemap Successfully
Write /xxxxxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/sitemapspecials.xmlGenerated Google Specials Sitemap Successfully
Write /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/sitemapindex.xmlGenerated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

CONGRATULATIONS! All files generated successfully.

If you have not already submitted the sitemap index to Google click the link below.
Before you do I HIGHLY recommend that you view the XML files to make sure the data is correct.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fbrs-giftshop.com%2Fsitemapindex.xml

For your convenience here is the CRON command for your site:
php /XXXXXXXX/xxxxxx/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php

Here is your sitemap index: http://brs-giftshop.com/sitemapindex.xml
Here is your product sitemap: http://brs-giftshop.com/sitemapproducts.xml
Here is your category sitemap: http://brs-giftshop.com/sitemapcategories.xml
Here is your manufacturers sitemap: http://brs-giftshop.com/sitemapmanufacturers.xml
Here is your specials sitemap: http://brs-giftshop.com/sitemapspecials.xml

Now I will submit these to google webmaster tools.

Bennett

Edited by blr044

I have an error.

I follow the steps of the installation and get all the things done.

The problem happend when I use the info to add it on google.

at google sitemap account,it says:

sitemapcategories.xml successfully

sitemapindex.xml failed

sitemapproducts.xml successfully

I do not know why sitemapindex.xml failed because It tests well at www.xxx.com/sitemapindex.xml

Thanks!

There is a link in the google sitemap account that shows why a sitemap failed. You need to read the reason for the failure.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is a link in the google sitemap account that shows why a sitemap failed. You need to read the reason for the failure.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I did not find the link in sitemap account shows the error. I snap it on my account and pls let me know what is the link like if possible.

Thanks.

BTW: this is the error shows in my panel.

IJS7E.jpg

Edited by summer81318

I worked for my site on the code for the two files for Googles XML sitemap and Ultimate SEO urls 5. You can find it here on my blog .I don't know if it works for 100%, but google accepted the sitemaps and is indexing my urls.

Hi Jack, I just installed this wonderful thing here, it worked without any problems, so I want to thank you for this great solution. Sometimes it's hard to believe that all this great programs are for free. It's not the first time I'm using your solutions.

And it's also not the first time I need your expertise. I have a 3 languages store (Greek, English, German). I had an issue with triple specials that I solved with post # 74 in this forum.

I have an other issue with my encoding of my Greek url's I'm getting the links like this ( in sitemapproducts.xml)

.../catalog/μÏοÏιλια-κεÏαμικοÏ-p-38.html

I had the same issue with the url's themselves when installing the latest version of Ultimate SEO (2-2.2d-2 Jacks version) I solved it with replacing the seo.class.php of Jacks package with the one of Stanislav's autoinstaller package v2.7. So, I got perfect fine greek url's without having to use the character conversion.

In this Stanislav's seo.class.php it is stated

//The function do_redirect was changed to not pass GET parameters through htmlspecialchars()

so I thought I can look whats going on there, to do the same in sitemap.class.php

What I understand is that in seo.class.php are some parameters defined that are used in sitemap.class.php

in line about 729

function hrefLink($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id) {
	if ( defined('SEO_URLS') && SEO_URLS == 'true' || defined('SEO_ENABLED') && SEO_ENABLED == 'true' ) {
		return tep_href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
	} else {
		return $this->base_url . $page . '?' . $parameters;
	}
} # end function

but the sitemap.class.php is not getting this parameters, I don't know exactly how this work. Should something be changed in this above code?

An other part that makes me suspicious ih in sitemap.class.php at line 468 (generation of the product site map) this

$container[] = array('loc' => htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($location)),
								 'lastmod' => date ("Y-m-d", strtotime($lastmod)),
								 'changefreq' => $changefreq,
								 'priority' => $priority
								 );

Should this utf8 be utf-8? Should he htmlspecialchars be taken out? replaced with something? I tried all possible and impossible things with my little knowledge.

But for sure I need help with this