• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Further to my previous post , I was mistaken and yes all the manufacturers appear regardless of whether they have a product with stock available or not. Is there a mod I could make to stop the sitemap listing those Manufacturers that no longer have a product with stock? Any help truly appreciated...

You can kill the King, but you can't kill the King Riddim...

Hi Jack we meet again

I just added this and I am getting the following. I saw earlier that you posted there was an error in the code but there are no line numbers so where approx is it in the code and does it apply to this below? If so I will go back find it and fix it.

Thanks again.

Mark

Warning: fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/s/t/r/stroker398/html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/s/t/r/stroker398/html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: fopen(/sitemapindex.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/s/t/r/stroker398/html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 354

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 215

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 139

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

You either didn't set the permissions as required for the installation or your host is blocking it. The first is my fault since I didn't include that when I rewrote the instructions. Be sure to set the permissions for all of the sitemap... files to the same as those on the images directory. Also, what happens when you enable the debug option in admin?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I definitely have all the permissions set to 777

could be the host (godaddy) but somehow I doubt it.

Where is the debug option hiding? (did I mention I am blind too)

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

Problem solved, the online directions forgot to mention upload the SQL file Duh! right.

It works just fine once you do that.

Still have not found the debug

Hi there

I installed this great Contrib at it worked fine out of the box on RC2a

The problem i have is i have a multi store set up, and i am trying to set this up for this, the only difference i believe is being able to whittle down the sql statement with a stores_id, I havent quite got there , this is what i put in sitemap.class.php but it is not working

$sql = "SELECT products_id as pID, products_date_added as date_added, products_last_modified as last_mod, products_ordered

FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . "

left join products_to_stores on ( products_to_stores.products_id = products.products_id )

WHERE products_status='1'

AND products_to_stores.stores_id=1

ORDER BY products_ordered DESC";

I added the left join and the "And" lines lines 447 to 452

could anybody point me in the right direction, i am not a coder but i think i am close

Thank you

David

Problem solved, the online directions forgot to mention upload the SQL file Duh! right.

See step two in the install directions.

Still have not found the debug

See step three in the install instructions or admin->Configuration->Google XML SEO->Enable Diagnostic Output.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I thank you for this contrib and your time with every question...

I´ve been installing the google XML Sitemap SEO and i wonder if it takes long time for the email to come after installing?

I also wonder about this: Every thing seems to work fine, i can call all of the files with sucess but now when i go to google and try sending them my maps and then go back to see if they were okay i see three warnings in googles site. They say that i have the wrong dates???

Invalid date

An invalid date was found. Fix the date or formatting before resubmitting.

How do i change this errors, please?

i opened the files in dreamweawer and some of my dates were like this:

<lastmod>-0001-00-03</lastmod>

So i manually changed them to:

<lastmod>2009-02-27</lastmod>

And then uploaded them again but google still say i have invalid date...? :(

(Why is the wrong dates there in the beginning)

Thanks in advance

Edited by Solan

You should change the dates in the database and then re-run the scitemaps. Once they are created, load the sitemaps and verify the dates are correct before uploading to google.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Installed your latest ver from June 2009. Keep getting the ffg errors:

Opening /sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT /home/cacells/public_html/Server http://www.cacell.co.zaSave Path /WS_CAT / ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapcategories.xmlFS_CAT /home/cacells/public_html/Server http://www.cacell.co.zaSave Path /WS_CAT / ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapmanufacturers.xmlFS_CAT /home/cacells/public_html/Server http://www.cacell.co.zaSave Path /WS_CAT / ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapspecials.xmlFS_CAT /home/cacells/public_html/Server http://www.cacell.co.zaSave Path /WS_CAT / ERROR: Google Specials Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemappages.xmlFS_CAT /home/cacells/public_html/Server http://www.cacell.co.zaSave Path /WS_CAT / ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapindex.xmlFS_CAT /home/cacells/public_html/Server http://www.cacell.co.zaSave Path /WS_CAT / ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 614

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 43

)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 27

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 17

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapmanufacturers.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapspecials.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[4] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemappages.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[5] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

1. Database has been updated with: google_xml_sitemap_seo.sql

2. All files are 'chmod' 777 in googlesitemap

3. All site map files are also 'chmod' 777

4. Dedicated server so permissions have updated.

5. I have debug enabled and just get the errors above.

Please assist.

Thank you.

Hi there

I installed this great Contrib at it worked fine out of the box on RC2a

The problem i have is i have a multi store set up, and i am trying to set this up for this, the only difference i believe is being able to whittle down the sql statement with a stores_id, I havent quite got there , this is what i put in sitemap.class.php but it is not working

I added the left join and the "And" lines lines 447 to 452

could anybody point me in the right direction, i am not a coder but i think i am close

Thank you

For anyone out there who struggles with this stuff like me this is what i replaced it with

"SELECT bs.products_id as pID, bs.products_date_added as date_added, bs.products_last_modified as last_mod, bs.products_ordered 
			FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " bs
			left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_STORES . " fh on (fh.products_id = bs.products_id) 

WHERE products_status='1' 
			AND fh.stores_id='1'
			ORDER BY products_ordered DESC";

With the store_id being the id of the store in Multi stores, it seems to be working, its probably poor code but i am not a coder and need to have it working

Thank you

David

Hi Jack

Installed your latest ver from June 2009. Keep getting the ffg errors:

Opening /sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT /home/cacells/public_html/Server http://www.cacell.co.zaSave Path /WS_CAT / ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

It appears the DIR_FS_CATALOG in your configure file is not setup correctly. See this thread to fix that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You should change the dates in the database and then re-run the scitemaps. Once they are created, load the sitemaps and verify the dates are correct before uploading to google.

Jack

i still wonder why the database dont save the correct dates?

Jack

Now i went in to my database and corrected the dates in for example my sitemapproducts.xml i then saved my work in database and then tried to call www . mydomain.com/sitemapproducts.xml

The result is that some of the dates were still wrong.. how come?

And now when i try to call: www. mydomain .com/googlesitemap/index.php i get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hello Jack,

First of all, thank you for coming up with another great solution... yours always work!

On the other hand there seems to be a problem with Google and I am sure that it doesn't come from this contribution as I retried with the older version and had the same result : Google says that the sitemapindex is "empty" !!! Looking at it and the others (categories, products, etc) all is correctly filled and comes up when called, the sitemap generator has no warnings but after submitting and resubmitting and even going to their validator which says that the sitempas are valid in Google Tools they are lisred each time with a warning "Empty". Have you had this happen and if so is there a solution ?

Thank you for your help!

Bobbee

The sitemapindex file contains links to other sitemaps, as I'm sure you know. If one of those is emapty, an error will be seen in the sitemapindex file. So be sure that all of the sitemaps listed in your google account have content. If they do, then you should contact google and ask them why the maps are showing empty. They are very good at responding.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried with alternate one still no luck.

I put the diagnostic mode on no error reported.

Recently I changed my domain could that be any reason.

You could try using the alternate setting in admin as well as the diagnostic one to see if either shows anything.

Jack

I tried with alternate one still no luck.

I put the diagnostic mode on no error reported.

Recently I changed my domain could that be any reason.

It depends on what you mean by recently. It can take up to 24 hours for a domain name to change so you are still within that period, that could be the reason.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

But should it effect googlesitemap to generate xml file?

Kazi

It depends on what you mean by recently. It can take up to 24 hours for a domain name to change so you are still within that period, that could be the reason.

Jack