• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

hmm, i don't think i have special products in my site, but what exactly is special products?

Create some Special products from your admin

admin-> catalog->special->

otherwise no data for special sitemap

ah, now i know whats Special Sitemap, thanks dinera.... but, how come when i go to my website, i dun see any sitemap? do we need to manually do it under the Sitemap SEO?

This contribution is only for the search engines. It is not meant to be visible by customers. As for running the cron job, yes, that should be done. Google needs to be made aware of new changes made to your shop. You can wait for them to find them, or tell them yourself. To save you from having to do that yourself, the cron job will handle it automatically. Also be sure to log into your googlebase account with google and make sure the sitemaps are verified. Google provides a lot of information for you once your account is setup.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have the next error in my localhost, in the first line of the test report:

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG - assumed 'DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG' in C:\htdocs\mysite\catalog\googlesitemap\index.php on line 44

After, the lines say that the test is ok but the XML files are empty. Why??

Thank you for your time and your work.

Regards,

SunDust

The DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG define is a standard oscommerce definition. The error is saying it can't find that in your installtion. You can download a fresh oscommerce package and compare its confiugre file with yours to see what is missing.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have the next messages in my test on the server (I have 777 permision on xml files):

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Manufacturer Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Specials Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 1138

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 14

)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 64

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapmanufacturers.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

Thank you for your time.

Edited by SunDust

The DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG define is a standard oscommerce definition. The error is saying it can't find that in your installtion. You can download a fresh oscommerce package and compare its confiugre file with yours to see what is missing.

Jack

Hi Jack,

My installation is ok, I have some contributions installed and all works fine. I have made the next change and now I have not the error:

Your code:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

require_once('includes/configure.php');

My change:

require_once('includes/configure.php');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

I have not the error now but the xml files are still empty....

Regards

SunDust

This contribution is only for the search engines. It is not meant to be visible by customers. As for running the cron job, yes, that should be done. Google needs to be made aware of new changes made to your shop. You can wait for them to find them, or tell them yourself. To save you from having to do that yourself, the cron job will handle it automatically. Also be sure to log into your googlebase account with google and make sure the sitemaps are verified. Google provides a lot of information for you once your account is setup.

Jack

Jack, u are really awesome man, are u into this programming thing? damn, i shd have studied computer science / programming or IT while i was in Uni, pick the wrong course, hahaha... anyway, u are really good at this, having to answer question that we faced everyday is uneasy task!! keep it up. we all back u up. haha....

oh yah, do u have any idea where can i find more info on this CRON job here? would like to know more thanks....

Hi Jack,

I have the next messages in my test on the server (I have 777 permision on xml files):

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Please try the new version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, u are really awesome man, are u into this programming thing? damn, i shd have studied computer science / programming or IT while i was in Uni, pick the wrong course, hahaha... anyway, u are really good at this, having to answer question that we faced everyday is uneasy task!! keep it up. we all back u up. haha....

oh yah, do u have any idea where can i find more info on this CRON job here? would like to know more thanks....

Thank you for the kind words. As for cron, just search google for "how to setup cron." There are a lot of sites that explain how to do it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added link to support thread.

- Edited googlesitemap/index.php file to account for no manufacturers and specials.

- Created an alternative seo_class.php file since so many were having problems with it.

If you want to upgrade, just upload the googlesitemap/index.php and googlesitemap/seo_class.php files to your server.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added link to support thread.

- Edited googlesitemap/index.php file to account for no manufacturers and specials.

- Created an alternative seo_class.php file since so many were having problems with it.

If you want to upgrade, just upload the googlesitemap/index.php and googlesitemap/seo_class.php files to your server.

Jack

I don't see an seo_class.php file in your upload. My links are showing up like this:

http://yuppiepuppygear.com/shop/catalog/ba...ge=URL_LANGUAGE

I don't see an seo_class.php file in your upload. My links are showing up like this:

http://yuppiepuppygear.com/shop/catalog/ba...ge=URL_LANGUAGE

I meant sitemap_class.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.1

I had to rename the sitemap.class_Alternate.php to sitemap.class.php because of issues with fopen.

It still did not work until I copied the gss.xsl file into the store root. I did not see this in the instructions, so is this a correct step to take?

I had to rename the sitemap.class_Alternate.php to sitemap.class.php because of issues with fopen.

It still did not work until I copied the gss.xsl file into the store root. I did not see this in the instructions, so is this a correct step to take?

Hi Coopco,

Yes, you have to copy the gss.xsl in the same folder as xml files. And yes, that step lack in the instructions...

Please try the new version.

Jack

WONDERFUL!!, No problem now, everything works fine!! I have used the sitemap.class.php (I have not used sitemap.class_Alternate.php).

I recommend to make the change of the post #32, If you don't make it, everything will works fine but you can receive a error message in localhost test on the line 44 of the file index.php (but it will work).

Thank you for your effort and time.

SunDust

Hmm, that's strange about sitemap.class_Alternate.php since the file isn't called anywhere so it shouldn't be an issue. I don't have an answer for that one.

For the gss file, yes, that is correct. I did add it to the original list of files but forgot to mention to upload it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

ok, so then how do I fix the language parameter on the end of my url's since I installed the Ultimate SEO URL's?

This doesn't have anything to do with Ultimate SEO. If the url's it create are incorrect, then you need to ask in that support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This doesn't have anything to do with Ultimate SEO. If the url's it create are incorrect, then you need to ask in that support thread.

Jack

Well, my site works fine, and it gets the language url fine, as en. But, when your script creates the site index files, the language is not correct, so I don't believe it's an issue with Ultimate SEO URL's.

Hi Jack,

I just installed the 1.1 version you posted on 3/6, but I'm having one error when I run the /googlesitemap/index.php. All permissions are set to 777 and all sitemaps are created successfully except the manufacturers. I tried the fix from you post #7 but still get the error. Any idea what I need to do? The output is below. Thanks in advance.

Opening /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapproducts.xml

FS_CAT /home1/kurvyass/public_html//

Server http://www.kurvyassets.com

Save Path /home1/kurvyass/public_html//

WS_CAT //

Write /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapproducts.xml

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Opening /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapcategories.xml

WS_CAT //

Write /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapcategories.xml

Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapspecials.xml

WS_CAT //

Write /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapspecials.xml

Generated Google Specials Sitemap Successfully

Opening /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapindex.xml

WS_CAT //

Write /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapindex.xml

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 18

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 21

)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 1

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 2

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapspecials.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => /home1/kurvyass/public_html//sitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

Do you have any manufactures entered? Someone reported a problem with that previously and it was because his manufacturers tables were not completly filled in. You could also try the other version of the sitemap_class.php file. Your configure file has an extra / in it for the path since /home1/kurvyass/public_html// should be /home1/kurvyass/public_html/, but I don't think that will cause these problems, though it should be fixed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Do you have any manufactures entered? Someone reported a problem with that previously and it was because his manufacturers tables were not completly filled in. You could also try the other version of the sitemap_class.php file. Your configure file has an extra / in it for the path since /home1/kurvyass/public_html// should be /home1/kurvyass/public_html/, but I don't think that will cause these problems, though it should be fixed.

Jack

I only had 1 manufacturer entered. I made up a second one and that cleared the error somehow. I have no idea why there is the extra / in my path. It appeared after I installed the "SEO Urls 2.1.d Nov 08" contrib, but I have no idea how to correct it, though I wish I could. I just don't know enough and don't want to break it.

Thanks for all the awesome work you do. You have no idea how many times you've helped me out!!

I'm glad I could help. As for the extra slash, it is almost certainly a mistake in your includes/configure.php file. You should post the problem in the general support forum along with the contents of that file, minus the database details, and someone will take a look at it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons