• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Return to Merchant Message on PayPal Sandbox

TAC_CIO

I recently had to re-design my entire store. After setting up the PayPal Standard, I created 2 users and added items to their carts and proceeded to checkout. When I reached the PayPal part I got the following message:

Return to Merchant

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

Is this a PayPal or osCommerce Problem?

This is what I got from PayPal:

Mark,

The error is from PayPal and the issue is from the code sent by the osCommerce cart.

As the error implies, there is an error with the address. It says you have to use the address provided because in your cart's code the address_override variable is set to 1.

This variable tells PayPal to use the address sent in the HTML form post. It will not let the customer change it.

The address entered is incorrect and the customer cannot change it in PayPal. They have to go back to the cart, look for any error, and try the payment again.

You can also go into the code or administration area and try to find what turns off address_override.

Regards.

Where can I turn off the address_override?