• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

working like a restaurant menu or a panier garni

frannyz

Bonjour

I installed the contrib which works fine I just don't understand the dependancies quite well but I don't think I need thhem for what I want to do

I would like it to work the way a restaurant menu works

that means :

In a restaurant people see prices for each dish, we call it eating "a la carte"

but there can choose a menu. that makes the all meal cheaper but you have less choice. it helps the restaurant sell more of some dishes

the menu has its own price and people have to choose 1 dish for each course between several dishes

for example

menu 20 €

choice between

4 entries

3 main dishes

5 desserts

they choose one of each. "A la carte", single pricing it would be entry 7€, dish 12€ dessert 7€ they pay 20 € instead of 26 €

I would like my builder to work this way

that means no matter the totalprice of the different components, I want the price of the menu(builder) to be charged in the cart

following the same example

My catalog has several main categories : drinks, salads, entries, icecreams, etc....

I would create a category called menu in which I would put sub-categories for the componants : entries, dishes and desserts

in those sub-categories I link-copy the choosen products among the main categories-products

the single products wil appear in the list but I want the price charged to be the 20€ and not the total of the componants.

Did domebody do the same ?

thanks for your help

Fran from france

Edited by frannyz

The only thing I know is that I don't know anything.....

but I learn

For the moderator

I'm sorry, I didn't clic the right button,

feel free to delete this new topic as it was an answer to an other one whre I copied it a little later

sorry

Fran :blush: ;) :unsure:

The only thing I know is that I don't know anything.....

but I learn