• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Price updater v1.1

trophy

Hmmmm, I see what you mean, they are even more unclear to everyone here as they don't even have a copy.

:-)

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Instructions below.

Where is the correct location?

Gill A

The following files are affected by this contribution (all in the Admin section):

readme.txt (this file)

gpl.txt (your license)

price_updater.php (new file)

price_updater.php (new file)(language file)

catalog.php (modify)

english.php (modify)

filenames.php (modify)

==========

New Files:

==========

Just drop the files into the correct location. The code file goes in your Admin directory (Actually,

into whatever you have renamed your admin directory to. You have renamed it, haven't you?) The

language file goes in <admin>/includes/languages/english/. I haven't included any translations because

I don't feel competent to translate this into any other languages. If you do, please include your

translation in an updated version of this Contribution.

• 3 months later...

hope this is the correct thread for this contribution.

I notice updating prices by percentage, the end results is not correct. Foe example:

Product price: 39.95

minus 15%: 5.95

Final price: 33.96

This is what the results is when price_updater:

Product price: 39.95

minus 15%: 6.16

Final price: 33.79

And my bigger ticket items, it will be off by an average 1.25 to 2.85. Settings is to display prices without tax.

Thanks.

Bennett

I just checked my copy, and it works perfectly. That's Version 1.2, so I downloaded the latest version and checked the logic. It's identical. I have no idea how you are getting those numbers. Could you post what values you are putting in each of the boxes?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

There is a little correction to my last post. I put prices back to original. Went to price_updater and enter the following info.I set manufacturers and categories to all, entered 15 in the value field with a minus percent and updated. That results does fine.

But the second part, to reverse the percentage to return pices to original, I had to enter 17.6533 in the value field to do this instead of using the 15%.

I hope that explains it better.

Bennett

Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Example: 15% of $10.00 is $1.50, giving you $8.50. 15% of $8.50 is $1.28, giving you $9.78.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Example: 15% of $10.00 is $1.50, giving you $8.50. 15% of $8.50 is $1.28, giving you $9.78.

Regards

Jim

That part is correct, I agree.

But to put prices back to where they were, I have to increas it by 17.6533% instead of using the 15%. Should that both ways using the same percentage?

Please forgive me. they were right when thay by getting some sleep, you are more alert.

Of course, to put back to original price, common sense -- you have to use a higher percentage rate because the price has been lowered.

lol

bennett