• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easy populate error

asim0s

Do they have to be in a specific order? I mean, will I need to be switching all my columns around?? Also, I have big images installed and when I did a download of my current products, it only included my thumbnails and not my originals. I noticed in the code it shows products_bimage but it didn't pull it down.

I asume when uploading I will need to create that column and populate accordingly?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have to be in a specific order? I mean, will I need to be switching all my columns around?? Also, I have big images installed and when I did a download of my current products, it only included my thumbnails and not my originals. I noticed in the code it shows products_bimage but it didn't pull it down.

I asume when uploading I will need to create that column and populate accordingly?

Hi

I'll have a look through the code.

FIELD SEPERATOR

Here is something I missed that might help you. You can set your OWN field seperator! No need therefore to replace what you had with TABs. Sorry about that.

COLUMN PLACEMENT

From looking at the code, no you do not need to specify the column layout. You must lable the columns with the EP know column field names but you do not have to move them around.

IMAGES

You have a lot of questions! Are you an end user? I take it your hosting company does not give you much support! I found code that will support an image mod. You might like to look into that.

We'll get there...

Ian

There is built in support for the image contributiions. Someone needs to READ READ READ the EP manual. It is NOT a "plug and play" contribution. If you are going to use it effectively for more that basic product uploads you need to READ the MANUALS. There is no need for custom coding.

You can easily adapt the image fields that are included to what ever your contribution is.

Search and replace is a wonderful thing. Find and uncomment is also very, very useful.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

This line appears at the end of every successful upload.

It is looking for more products and you have to come to an end at some point!

It is NOT a real error.

Quote:

I get this after every product, but nothing shows in catalog or admin

Yes I am an end user, however, I don't have much experience. The only reason I'm looking at using this is I have a supplier who has the products in a dat file. I am putting together another store under MS2 using different products than my MS1 store. I really don't want to hand input 250+ items. I know I'm getting close, I'm in the process of changing the field names. I wanted to use big images, but it doesn't work on MS2, so I'm installing dynamic mo-pics and having trouble configuring. I have 2 sets of images, 1 set thumbs, 1 set regular size. I want the thumbs for product_info and the reg for pop-up.

It is looking for more products and you have to come to an end at some point!

It is NOT a real error.

Hi Loxly

to put you in the picture as this has been a bit of an epic, in chfields case he has not had a successful upload at all.

If EP cannot find a field called "product_model" then EP exists with an error "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported", that much is true. However it is not the case that it appears at the end of every successful upload. It can appear in an unsuccessful upload too.

It is merely the last loop of an if statement in the code and unfortunately instead of there being one more loop to say "file upload success" (maybe I'll put that mod in?), the current program simply finishes by displaying this error message. It seems someone informed you that this can be interpreted as being a successful upload.

The message says "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported" - and that is exactly what it means. Yes it does display it at the end of a successful upload... it also displays it when the "products_model" is not found.

To demonstrate. Take a .txt file and rename the products_model field to sku (or something). Run EP and you will see this output below:

................................................................................

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php8fqcrB

User filename: mpqtest.txt

Size: 94

| 15000 | 480 | 1000

| 19110 | 40 | 1000

| | |

................................................................................

Two records, a blank line(EOF) and no products_model field will give 3 error messages. The actual problem is that there is no check for the end of the file, EOF, which could then display a message like <b>upload successful</b>.

It IS a real error and the fault lies in the way the program terminates. However you will not read that in the manual.

Best

Ian

Quote:

I get this after every product, but nothing shows in catalog or admin

Yes I am an end user, however, I don't have much experience. The only reason I'm looking at using this is I have a supplier who has the products in a dat file. I am putting together another store under MS2 using different products than my MS1 store. I really don't want to hand input 250+ items. I know I'm getting close, I'm in the process of changing the field names. I wanted to use big images, but it doesn't work on MS2, so I'm installing dynamic mo-pics and having trouble configuring. I have 2 sets of images, 1 set thumbs, 1 set regular size. I want the thumbs for product_info and the reg for pop-up.

Can your hosting service help or is it a "we offer but dont support" hosting package you have? Its like loxly was hinting at, if you are moving away from the "standard" install that your hosting company provide, then you will need to know what buttons to push. I take it you have read the manual? Have a go with the images, if you dont have any success, dare I say it... come on back!

Seriously though, think about a supported oscommerce service, you might find it a lot cheaper in the long run.

Best

Ian

My server doesn't offer oscommerce, they offer agora. I got oscommerce and installed myself, sort of(help from these forums) I seem to be making progress as I have gotten it to upload to the database, however, I have prices, product models,quantity,weight,status,date added. I do not have images,categories,product name or descriptions.....I ftp'd the images to the images file and tried EP'ing again to no avail

this is the error I get now

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mrsfield/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1690

| Cameras/Bi | BELL & HOW | WATERPROOF | BH126WP | bellhowell | 149.95 | 71 | 1.2 | Magnify li | sailors | boaters | divers or | with a 42 | shoulder | and lens | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Active Updated

Everytime I make any changes in eastpopulat.php I get parse error...very annoying

Follow Loxlys advice and readup on the mod and what you need to do. In EP, where it says uncomment, thats all you need do. Do not edit the other code at will if you do not know what you are doing. The error 1690 and the parse errors you mentioned point to more than just uncommenting.

Have a good weekend...

Ian

Glad you worked it out and reported back. Reading is a wonderful thing, and understanding how a contrib works and what it is intended to do are very important to the whole process.

Glad you worked it out and reported back. Reading is a wonderful thing, and understanding how a contrib works and what it is intended to do are very important to the whole process.

Absolutely!

I made a mod to MS1 so that when the upload completes, instead of an error message, you will now see a message that it completed ok. I also added a record count so you see how many products were actually uploaded.

Best

Ian

Again many thanks guys and gal!! I do have another problem though....Everything uploads fine, but now when you go to the description, the buttons and column right are pushed to the left column. see it herehttp://www.mrsfieldsgoodies.com/catalog/pr...;products_id=46

Looked ok to me, what do you mean?

Ian

When you go to that link everything looks normal?? When I go in IE6 the pic and description fill the center and right side and the review and in cart button along with the whole column right are pushed to the bottom of column left.....

I would add screen shot, but I am not able to get it to paste in here

Now that I think about it, I believe dynamic mo pics requires adding to product_info.php. I guess I put it in the wrong part...I'll have to try to fix that when I get off work

Yes it does and for every language too. Check your <table> tags layout...

Ian