• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easy populate error

asim0s

QTY was --1000--

| 1010011 | | Norimox Ca | | | | 3.8 | | | 25/1/2003 | | Norton Hea | Norton Hea | Norton Hea | | | | | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '1000", 10)' at line 18

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( "", "1010011", "3.8", "1", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "25/1/2003 4:05", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, ", "", "1000", 10)

[TEP STOP]

i get this error while trying to upload

any ideas?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon,

The error i am getting is similar to the above:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '50")' at line 4

I guess the solution would be similar as well.

I get this when using the latest "Easy Populate 2.61" contrib with the function file for older Milestones. Talking of which, I am using OSC 2.2 MS 1. Neither could I get "Excel Import" contrib to work.

Please keep advice basic as i am not a fundi at programming etc.

PS: I have tried to download the file and upload it straight afterwords (without adding or modifying) - No luck

From all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Ozborne

That means there is something amiss in your data, such as a quote or a character that sql doesn't like. Usually in the description or in the product name.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

You can type in information in the admin that you cannot upload into sql in other ways. So the data you have somewhere in the file contains a chararcter that SQL cannot process or sees as a terminator.

These are usually quotes ' double quotes " or slashes /

's is a problem, 10 1/2 is a problem, etc These can be added via the admin, they can be downloaded, but they will not go back in when you try to upload.....

It won't change those fields on existing products, but it also will not add them to new products. Make sure you have model numbers before you add attributes, or EP will create new products that will not have attributes.

Hi guys,

Been folowing this forum closely since my last post. Thanx for the advice loxly. I am using OSC 2.2 MS1. Would that make a diff ?

Will post my feedback later today. (GMT +2)

Ascii

From all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Ozborne

Hi

read this thread and created a test data file with one record. Downloaded the file and altered aswell. Here is the output:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpFelMEo

User filename: eptest2.txt

Size: 970

| 15000 | 15000_tele | Tele-switc | desc 1 | | | | | name 2 | desc 2 | | | | | name 3 | desc 3 | | | | | name 4 | desc4 | | | | | 600.00 | | | | 999999 | | Hem-EL | Elektronik | Taxable Go | Active Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '31")' at line 4

UPDATE products SET products_price="600.00" ,products_image="15000_tele_switch_small.jpg", products_weight="", products_tax_class_id="1", products_date_available= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, products_date_added= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP , products_quantity="999999 , products_status=1 WHERE (products_id = "31")

Where a I going wrong? No other records will be processed beyond this. There are no strange characters in the file. Any help apprecited.

Using .txt tab delimited file, EasyPopulate_v2.61, osc2.2 MS1.

Thanks,

Ian

I am baffled because I am using this version without a problem on an MS2 current snapshot.

Did you uncomment lines to use image or header tags contributions?

I just noticed you said you are using the MS1 version of EP, what snapshot/version of osCommerce are you using?

You need to use the version that matches your osCommerce snapshot, it is clearly explained on the download page and in the readme which one you should be using.

I thought I would try from scratch again. I download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit. Altered existing data so as to add new products. The data load stopped after the first record and gave this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_head_title_tag' in 'field list'. The field list of the txt file has fields labelled v_products_head_title_tag_1 to 4.

This seems to be consistent with "Linda's Header Controller v2.0 enabled" according to documentation. I have not enabled it so it must be enabled out of the box.

How do I disable this as it might be the problem?

Thanks,

Ian

.txt tab delimited file

EasyPopulate_v2.61

oscommerce 2.2 MS1

EP filename: EasyPopulate_v2.61.1.zip

Snippit from easypopulate.php:

// Current EP Version

$curver = '2.61';

/*

$Id: easypopulate.php,v 1.18 2002/12/05 14:34:18 elarifr Exp $

Does this llok ok to you?

Ian

It shouldn't be enabled out of the box, but do a search in easypopulate.php for lines that have header in them. Then put a /* or a // in front of them.

There is an example of an ep file in the zip package, create a product with that and try to upload also.

And search for "head" not "header".

The problem goes away on earlier versions, so I'm sticking to them.

However I now have another issue with EP, this time in conjunction with the header tag controller. I can see the header fields in admin/products and when I manually enter them they appear. When I download EP, the fields are not to be found. If I enter the fields in the spreadsheet and upload, once again they appear. It's a little concerning that they are lost in the EP download process.

I went down to EP2.41beta7 from 2.60 and it is the same. Any thoughts on this?

2.60 has known bugs. Use 2.61 for which ever version of osc you have installed.

Also, if you are using the header tags there are fields to uncomment in easypopulate.php so that the fields will show up in your download/upload.

Okay, I've followed the suggestions above and have made all of the changes so that all column headings are now actually in my tables (commented out the ones for contributions I haven't installed). Now I'm getting the following error (using the seperate pricing contribution):

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpi9hcEN

User filename: EP2003Aug07-1907.txt

Size: 16007

| PA710-07 | | Indiv. Sol | | | 14.5 | 0 | 7/3/08 15: | 0000-00-00 | 0 | | | | | Par Aide | Course Acc | Greens Pro | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

ERROR - v_customer_group_id and v_customer_price must occur in pairs

Not every product has a v_customer_group_id and v_customer_price, but those that do always have both. I even went through and cleared all blank cells just to ensure they were actually clear. It still give me the error. All I've done in downloaded my test db and I'm trying to upload it back with no changes.

Any one have an idea?

Michael Gilliam

Michael Gilliam

no idea if this has anything to do with EP, but after trying to get a data load with EP all I get at the shop and admin is:

1016 - Can't open file: 'sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

select value from sessions where sesskey = 'f591e0fc9a320bdc3b8ee1854e73ce9b' and expiry > '1060322367'

[TEP STOP]

Ian

File uploaded.  

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpFelMEo

User filename: eptest2.txt

Size: 970

| 15000 | 15000_tele | Tele-switc | desc 1 | | | | | name 2 | desc 2 | | | | | name 3 | desc 3 | | | | | name 4 | desc4 | | | | | 600.00 | | | | 999999 | | Hem-EL | Elektronik | Taxable Go | Active Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '31")' at line 4

UPDATE products SET products_price="600.00" ,products_image="15000_tele_switch_small.jpg", products_weight="", products_tax_class_id="1", products_date_available= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, products_date_added= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP , products_quantity="999999 , products_status=1 WHERE (products_id = "31")

Where a I going wrong? No other records will be processed beyond this.  There are no strange characters in the file. Any help apprecited.

Using .txt tab delimited file, EasyPopulate_v2.61, osc2.2 MS1.

Thanks,

Ian

I have the same problem ! what did i do wrong?

Thanks

Lighthouse

yes i know my english is bad, but you understand wath i mean;) if not ask

got it to load in the end.

The EP template that you download had fields for Linda's Header Controller in it, even though I did not employ it. I cut these columns out. Dropped all but the default language. Dropped all data as updating produced errors.

Thanks

Ian