Sign in to follow this  
chamber715

Which package do I download?

I'm relatively new to modifying my oscommerce store front, but if I find a contribution that I'd like to install, how do I know which package to download? Does the latest package contain all the files I need? Or are the ones labeled bug fixes and such just bug fixes and I'll also have to download a full version of the contribution? Is there a naming convention that I'm not aware of that would help me know which files I need?

I'm relatively new to modifying my oscommerce store front, but if I find a contribution that I'd like to install, how do I know which package to download? Does the latest package contain all the files I need? Or are the ones labeled bug fixes and such just bug fixes and I'll also have to download a full version of the contribution? Is there a naming convention that I'm not aware of that would help me know which files I need?

There is no naming convention the uploader was forced to use. If you're unsure, ask for the contrib version used by others here in the forum. In the most cases people use the "this is a full package" statement within the description.