• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can download purchase be a link to a form?

kitka

I have just done a major overhaul and upgraded to oscommerce-2.2rc2a and also enabled DownloadsControllerv5_3_2c.

In the previous version of the shop, I had 2 items for sale which were 'online advice' - when the purchaser got to the download link, it was simply a link to a .php file in the downloads directory which was an online form. It worked quite well - popped open the form in a new window and allowed them to type in their question which was sent as an email.

With the new version of the shop that I have just installed, instead of redirecting the purchaser to the online form, the system attempts to simply download the .php file.

I can see quite a few differences between the old download.php file and the new one, but I'm not sure if this is where the change has occurred.

Can anyone advise what I would need to change to let the download link simply open the file rather than download it?

Thanks,

Kitka