• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need PC+Firefox html source

lildog

I am installing/creating a fast check out contrib for a lady and the page is not displaying correctly in Windows Firefox for her, but it is for me on 3 Macintosh browsers. I am sure I have just missed a table,row or cell tag somewhere. I am hoping a helpful person can help me out a bit and email me the html source. THIS IS A LIVE SITE! But the account is fake and no personal info has been entered, so don't checkout. I have already added an item to the cart. She is using Firefox.

The site is: www.sensationsporthorses.com/shop

the username is: [email protected]

password is: abcde (all lowercase)

once logged in go to www.sensationsporthorses.com/shop/checkout.php

My email is [email protected]. I guess leave a note here that you are checking it out, I don't know what osc will do if multiple people are logged in at the same time.

Thank you so much,

Todd

You should always build for ie first, as that has over 70% of users, then firefox (20%) then others

Is it a template?

Get rid off that awfull popup (feedback) unless you want to alinate most visitors, most hate having things 'foist' upon them, will leave & never return

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Not a template. It is just a bit modified to center the content and size it to 80% or so. Basically it is just stacking checkout shipping, checkout payment on 1 page without AJAX, to create a 2 page checkout enter info, go to confirm page and confirm it. Almost all of the code is exisiting code. I didn't install it and she wants it, I don't like it at all and it takes extra time to load, but that is a fight for another day. I think all I am missing is a table,row,or cell closing tag, but can't locate it cause my browsers display it. Someone yesterday sent me a screen shot movie and I did locate a couple of stray tags and was 95% sure they all matched up and had closing tags......guess I was wrong.

BTW, did you view it in IE? If so was it wrong there too?

Todd

You should always build for ie first, as that has over 70% of users, then firefox (20%) then others

Is it a template?

Get rid off that awfull popup (feedback) unless you want to alinate most visitors, most hate having things 'foist' upon them, will leave & never return

I only viewed the index.php, as soon as I moused off the page I got the lousy message, as I wasnt prepared to put up with extra hasle I left then, index was OK

You can get firefox for the mac, you can then get the source with that.

Also if you go to http://validator.w3.org/

you can validate your page, they will point out errors & you can have the source

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I guess I wasn't clear. I have a mac and I have FF for it. The only page that is showing incorrectly is the custom checkout.php page. I am not developing her whole site I am just doing an install.

lildog

I only viewed the index.php, as soon as I moused off the page I got the lousy message, as I wasnt prepared to put up with extra hasle I left then, index was OK

You can get firefox for the mac, you can then get the source with that.

Also if you go to http://validator.w3.org/

you can validate your page, they will point out errors & you can have the source

Well this forum provides free support, we don`t like it when poeple who seem to not entirely know what they are doing 'use' the free support to fix errors they are being paid for!!!

I think I have already given you plenty of ways to proceed, if you still can't work it out god help your customer.... <_<

Sam

Contributions:

Spooks,

The term 'WE' should be 'I'. There are MANY web site developers and designers that are PAID by their clients to install OSC sites for them.

I don't recall seeing ANYWHERE in the forums rules that only those who are NOT being paid can ask for support.

Please refrain from generalizing 'WE' into 'YOUR' personal opinions.

I am a PAID developer that asks for and gives advice, suggestions and opinions on the OSC Forums because not only am I paid to create OSC sites, I also enjoy helping others.

Chris

You know what. I have given plenty to the osc project....for free. Most of what I have given back in the form of contribs has been on my dime, I didn't make a GD penny! AND further more I am going to update the contrib I am working on now and not ask for anything. Who's WE? So far you mean you. I also admit I don't know EVERYTHING like you, since you gave me plenty of ways to proceed. Oh yeah..I counted ONE...go to http://validator.w3.org/. WHICH by the way I knew about. You've spent more time dancing around my PLEA for help than actually helping me. For the most part I do know what I am doing, and I told you I knew the problem I am just having trouble locating it.

WE don't appreciate people around here that don't read the question before they rudely answer. I mean what was the bit about the popup, and develop for IE first? Certainly had absolutely nothing to do with my question and I never mentioned IE. The contrib works for me, shall I just upload it the way it is....f evryone else...it works for me. I am getting paid(very little) to install this, BUT i felt justified using this free service because I am going to upload the final product so others can use it AND NOT ASK the same F'ing question. If I wasn't getting paid to do it I would still probably be doing it for my own site.....which would be okay with you. So should I go that route for help? I am installing this on my own personal site and a customer said it doesn't show properly in FF on windows. Now it is a question about a site I am not being paid to develop Wiseguy.......

Well this forum provides free support, we don`t like it when poeple who seem to not entirely know what they are doing 'use' the free support to fix errors they are being paid for!!!

I think I have already given you plenty of ways to proceed, if you still can't work it out god help your customer.... <_<

Thank you Dunweb,

To be fair though I believe it does say somewhere something about using the forum for business. I think it refered to advertising or something. I don't remember what or where, but I did feel others would benefit when I posted the contrib. And it looks like you also give back to the community, so I see no foul either.

lildog

Spooks,

The term 'WE' should be 'I'. There are MANY web site developers and designers that are PAID by their clients to install OSC sites for them.

I don't recall seeing ANYWHERE in the forums rules that only those who are NOT being paid can ask for support.

Please refrain from generalizing 'WE' into 'YOUR' personal opinions.

I am a PAID developer that asks for and gives advice, suggestions and opinions on the OSC Forums because not only am I paid to create OSC sites, I also enjoy helping others.

Chris

Getting back to the issue.

The checkout.php displays fine in IE 6, Opera, and Firefox, windows version.

With cookies disabled, I was able to log in. After going to /shop/checkout.php, I lost session and shopping cart page showed telling me my shopping cart is empty.

With cookies enabled, session was maintained and checkout.php displayed very well.

Paypal button is slightly off to the left by 2 or 3 pixels <-- a very minor thing

Image for the feedback forum(lower left) may cause "secure unsecure items" warning.

::page source sent::

Thank you BryceJr...that is even more info than requested! Thanks you it sounds like it is fixed now. She wanted a one page checkout but still support older browsers, so AJAX was out. I am pretty sure the code is good it was just the nested bits! There are a ton of them. And anyone interested in a non ajax 1+ page checkout this is an existing contrib: Single page checkout, I will be updating soon.

Anyhow thank you tons!

lildog

Getting back to the issue.

The checkout.php displays fine in IE 6, Opera, and Firefox, windows version.

With cookies disabled, I was able to log in. After going to /shop/checkout.php, I lost session and shopping cart page showed telling me my shopping cart is empty.

With cookies enabled, session was maintained and checkout.php displayed very well.

Paypal button is slightly off to the left by 2 or 3 pixels <-- a very minor thing

Image for the feedback forum(lower left) may cause "secure unsecure items" warning.

::page source sent::

Todd,

I believe it states advertising or solicitation of services. It does not specially mention Paid Developers can not ask for support.

This is irrelevant as I believe for the benefit of the project that ANYONE should be able to ask a question related to OSC without the kind of response you received from Spooks.

I have seen Spooks 'short temper' in the past and thought it time to exclude 'ME' from his 'WE' statements.

Chris

Yep...that was what I was trying to say. And I agree with you, any question related to OSC potentially benefits everyone.

lildog

Todd,

I believe it states advertising or solicitation of services. It does not specially mention Paid Developers can not ask for support.

This is irrelevant as I believe for the benefit of the project that ANYONE should be able to ask a question related to OSC without the kind of response you received from Spooks.

I have seen Spooks 'short temper' in the past and thought it time to exclude 'ME' from his 'WE' statements.

Chris

For those of you that want to see your site on various browsers try

http://browsershots.org/

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived