• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN wrong shipping values on PayPal site

bwaldie

I have been experiencing a problem on PayPal sandbox and live. I had dutifully followed the directions about NOT setting any parameters related to shipping on paypal when I created my sandbox account. However, when I moved to my EXISTING paypal account (many years older than the idea of running an online business), I just assumed they were set correctly.

I got my osc site working without too much effort. I did sometest cases with paypal sandbox and all seemed to work okay. I did one live test with contrived penny items and that worked too.

However, my first real order came through and the shipping was wrong. I charge a flat rate of $3.00. This was correctly shown osc admin invoice. However, paypal showed shipping itemization as $4.50. Further testing on both the sandbox and live (just didn't finish the transactions) showed that it seemed to be related to the number of items, but I am still not sure.

1 item -> $3.00 correct

2 items -> $6.00 wrong (should be $3.00)

3 items -> $4.50 wrong (should be $3.00)

Again, everything in the store seems to be correct; $3.00. I have not been able to verify what is actually being sent to paypal. Can someone show me where to intercept this information?

I did end up playing with some of the shipping settings in paypal, but that did not help. I set the checkbox to 'per transaction.' The results did not change.