• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Certificate Module

jrthor2

Has anyone been successful in installing the Gift Certificate Module? I just spent that last 1.5 hours installing version 0.66, and I get the the shipping page and I can't get passed it. It just stays on that page when I click continue.

Thanks

which contribution we are talking about?

Try the following module:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5743

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Has anyone been successful in installing the Gift Certificate Module? I just spent that last 1.5 hours installing version 0.66, and I get the the shipping page and I can't get passed it. It just stays on that page when I click continue.

Thanks

Which Contribution have you added, can you provide a link?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

which contribution we are talking about?

Try the following module:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5743

Also, it looks like the above is more for discount coupons than actual gift certificates, where a customer can purchase a gift certificate, give it to someone else, and that person can use that during checkout.

Thanks!!

Ah, I am unfamiliar with that contribution. I use CCGV trad and am thinking of beginning to use the one listed in the link above. Is there no support thread link in the download?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Ok, I've finally gotten this to work, somewhat. I can actually now get passed the shipping page, and it processed the order, but there is no email going the the person I wanted to send the gift certificate to, and there is no coupon image being created. The image is getting created to a point, but when it get's to the code where it removes the temporary jpg it created, and the .ps file, the coupon image it is suppossed to generate is not in the gc directory. Also I noticed when it creates the temporary image, and then tries to put the shop logo on it, my logo is not appearing on the temp image. I am on a godaddy linux server, and ImageMagick is installed, but the command is not working ot put my shops image on it, and it is not saving it as the new image that the customer should be able to download.

Is there any support for this contribution anywhere, or is someone willing to help me get this working? Has anyone used this successfully?

Thanks,

Jason

• 5 months later...