Sign in to follow this  
DRIVE

Multi-stores -> ONE domain.com --> Multiple Stores

Hi,

I am up and running on OSC 2.2rc2a I have several questions regarding this installation.

1) Is anyone successfully using this version with MS?

2) I have domain.com but need multiple stores. I do not want to have copies of all the files for each store/subdirectory. Has anyone implemented this yet and if so can you let me know what you did? I see the part about soft linking in the manual but dont want to go to far if this cant work.

example (directory structure/locations are the same for all stores regarding the CATALOG files on a SINGLE domain.com)

Store 1: domain.com/catalog/ (default store)

Store 2: domain.com/catalog/subdivision/sub1/

Store 3: domain.com/catalog/subdivision/sub2/

Store 4: domain.com/catalog/subdivision/sub3/

3) Has anyone done the above by simply using "store_id" or a similar work-around to simply use one catalog directory?

4) Where is Ryan Hobbs?? :rolleyes: Who is maintaining this contribution or is it just up to the people using it now??

Thanks for any help. I am trying to not waste too much time on this if it wont work for my needs.

Posted to incorrect forum. Been a while since ive been here :)

corrected forum/topic http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=70365

correct topic

Hi,

I am up and running on OSC 2.2rc2a I have several questions regarding this installation.

1) Is anyone successfully using this version with MS?

2) I have domain.com but need multiple stores. I do not want to have copies of all the files for each store/subdirectory. Has anyone implemented this yet and if so can you let me know what you did? I see the part about soft linking in the manual but dont want to go to far if this cant work.

example (directory structure/locations are the same for all stores regarding the CATALOG files on a SINGLE domain.com)

Store 1: domain.com/catalog/ (default store)

Store 2: domain.com/catalog/subdivision/sub1/

Store 3: domain.com/catalog/subdivision/sub2/

Store 4: domain.com/catalog/subdivision/sub3/

3) Has anyone done the above by simply using "store_id" or a similar work-around to simply use one catalog directory?

4) Where is Ryan Hobbs?? :rolleyes: Who is maintaining this contribution or is it just up to the people using it now??

Thanks for any help. I am trying to not waste too much time on this if it wont work for my needs.