• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Applying "Purchase Without Account v0.55" to a pos

I attempted to apply "Purchase Without Account v0.55" to my post Nov snapshot, and have had mixed results.

First, the zip file offed some quandries. I've detailed them along with a paraphase of Marks readme in the form of the steps I took.

1)

Edited login.php file from v55 zip as per v55 documentation and applied it to the following structure. The one file was applied twice as a second login.php was not included in that zipped folder structure. Once matching it's place at the top of the zipped v55 folder structure, and a second time as specified in the v55 README. The assumption is that doing this was chosen by the author so as to only require changes to one file before upload to two places.

Files placement:

/catalog/login.php (.bak)

/catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php (.bak)

Addition made:

//Begin Checkout Without Account v0.55 changes

define('HEADING_CHECKOUT', '<font size="2">Proceed Directly to Checkout</font>');

define('TEXT_CHECKOUT_INTRODUCTION', 'Proceed to Checkout without creating an account. By choosing this option none of your user information will be kept in our records, and you will not be able to review your order status, nor keep track of your previous orders.');

define('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT', 'Proceed to Checkout without Registering');

//End Checkout Without Accuont v0.55 changes

2)

Edited already existing file as per v55 documentation:

File placement:

/catalog/includes/application_top.php (.bak)

Addition made:

//Begin Checkout Without Account Modifications

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT', 'Order_Info.php');

//End Checkout Without Account Modifications

3)

File:

/catalog/includes/languages/english.php (.bak)

Addition made:

/*Begin Checkout Without Account images*/

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account');

/*End Checkout WIthout Account images*/

4)

Applied new files from v55 zip. Note that the last file "button_create_account.gif" was placed in a slightly different folder structure from v55 documentation. The assumption is that the folder structure was adjusted with the new checkout proceedure:

/catalog/Order_Info.php (new)

/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php (new)

/catalog/Order_Info_Check.php (new)

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php (new)

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Check.php (new)

/catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_create_account.gif

5)

Everything appeared to be working niftily in a first pass, although I didn't pay attention to my steps because it seemed to be working. Also, without a mercahant account, I don't think I could test past credit card info. On a second (?) pass, the following error presented on clicking "Checkout" from the cart (containing items) at "shopping_cart.php".

at "checkout_payment.php":

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_session_start() (previously declared in /home/smokej2/public_html/store/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/smokej2/public_html/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 66

Investigating the relivant files fails to give me a clue as to why the session_start should be any different from before the modifications. checkout_payment.php redirects to the top login.php page and that seems to be where the problem is taking place. tep_session_start() only takes place once application_top.php, and not at all in the login.php page, so I'm skunked.

I'll attempt a more rational eval on more sleep. Observations welcome.

footnote: the (.bak) just represents notes to my self regarding what I have backed up and how.

Jon,

Edited login.php file from v55 zip as per v55 documentation and applied it to the following structure. The one file was applied twice as a second login.php was not included in that zipped folder structure. Once matching it's place at the top of the zipped v55 folder structure, and a second time as specified in the v55 README. The assumption is that doing this was chosen by the author so as to only require changes to one file before upload to two places.

If I understand what you are saying, I think you have this wrong. The login.php file included in the zip archive is to replace the file catalog/login.php. This file is not to also replace the login.php file at catalog/includes/languages/english. The files in the /english directory contain all of the text field definitions for the corresponding script files in the /catalog directory. The instructions for ...english/login.php are: "OPEN AND MAKE CHANGES IN THIS FILE: /catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php" where you do just that - you open the file and edit it by pasting in:

define('HEADING_CHECKOUT', '<font size="2">Proceed Directly to Checkout</font>');

define('TEXT_CHECKOUT_INTRODUCTION', 'Proceed to Checkout without creating an account. By choosing this option none of your user information will be kept in our records, and you will not be able to review your order status, nor keep track of your previous orders.');

HTH,

Mark

Mark

Thanks very much for the reply!

It works! Yah baby! That was the ticket. Wet Ware problems after all. I bet that was the problems the first time I tried this as well.

My confusion was from the following in the README:

"Copy the files as they occur in their appropriate directories..."

followed by all the paths in question:

/catalog/login.php

/catalog/Order_Info.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Check.php

[b]/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php[/b]

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/images/buttons/button_create_account.gif

This seemed to me (in correctly of course) to imply that I was to copy a login over to that directory as the "Order_" files were also copied over into two places. The fact that there wasn't a login.php at that location in the zip folder structure was a clue (DOH!), but I tend to flownder in ambiguity worse than some. Leave me a hole and I'm sure to screw it up. Of course in hind sight I can see that the login file was not present, and that was a false assumption.

Thanks very much for hurding me back on path, and for making this mod. It seems just what the doctor ordered, and very important to my olded user base who would not have appreciated being forced to make an account! What a releif!

THANKYOU!

So here's the process that brought success in applying Purchase Without Account v0.55. let me know if you see some error here Mark.

//////////////////

Applied new files from v55 zip. Note that the last file "button_create_account.gif" was placed in a slightly different folder structure from v55 documentation. The assumption is that the folder structure was adjusted with the new checkout proceedure:

/catalog/login.php (.bak)

/catalog/Order_Info.php (new)

/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php (new)

/catalog/Order_Info_Check.php (new)

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php (new)

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Check.php (new)

/catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_create_account.gif

File:

/catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php (.bak)

Addition made:

File:

/catalog/includes/application_top.php (.bak)

Addition made:

//Begin Checkout Without Account Modifications

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT', 'Order_Info.php');

//End Checkout Without Account Modifications

File:

/catalog/includes/languages/english.php (.bak)

Addition made:

/*Begin Checkout Without Account images*/

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account');

/*End Checkout WIthout Account images*/

/////////////

Footnote: (new) indicates files that are not already present and require no backup. (.bak) are files that are overwritten and have first been saved as file.bak to back them up.

[/b]