• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] PDF data_sheet maker v.1

alverman

Just posted my contrib in Features section (PDF data_sheet maker v.1) http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,923

It 's a basic version of a PDF data-sheet maker.

It allows the costumer to print a pdf file of the single product from the products page.

Printed data will include * products category (path)

* products image (jpg or png only)

* description

* model

* manufacturer

* price / special price

* options

* date of availability.

It's based on "Catalog products PDF reports V1.1 - 1.2" contributions by Gurvan Riou.

The pdf file is printed "on the fly" directly to the browser (no pdf's on the server).

ivan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have the same problem, browsed through te files but to no avail!!

Please can somebody solve this as it seems to be a really good mod, and I think it is better than the original one!!

Cheers,

Warren Ashcroft

Hi all

Thanks for giving a chance to my "great contrib" :oops:

However I confess it is really frustrating to verify that is working only for me! :x

I have tested locally and O.K. (Win '98 box EasyPhP)

Then uploaded on remote (Linux beta.propagation.net 2.4.7-10smp Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510)

following the same instructions I'm giving to the read-me file.

Still O.K. as you can see in the testing site.

At first I thought there'was some server side "pdf-related" PHP support needed but on my remote system there's no mention about that.

If I could replicate the bug I might think to a possible solution but...

If there's any lucky guy how successfully installed it :? please let me know.

Guyver:

I'm not ignoring your question, it think that also can be done w/some tweaking, but I'd better solve this one before repeting the experience w/ other files.

Thank you all

ivan

One thing we can do, is uncomment lines 365 and 357 in pdf_datasheet_functions.php

viewArray($print_catalog_array);

exit;

( Mattice [TIP / TRICK] viewArray debug function :idea: )

and see where the image value points to.

My pale attempt trying to isolate the problem.

ivan

Just to let you know,

I followed the instructions included, and got the same error, and after some playing with the code found that if I changed the following $languages_id reference to 1 in the pdf_datasheet_functions.php file It worked.

Change on line 327 :- and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

to the following :- and pd.language_id = '1'");

I also found product options were not bieng listed, as in the latest snapshot, there is a field in the query that does not exist in the table,

change from lines 389 - 392 to the following

$products_options_name = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where

patrib.products_id='" . $products_id . "' and

patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and

popt.language_id = '1'");

and line 417 to the following

$products_options = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '1'" . " order by pov.products_options_values_name");

It worked for me as it now runs on my site (http://www.puddled.co.uk/hosting.php)

PS. be sure to make a backup first...

PPS. DO NOT FORGET THE BACKUP

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

Many thanks Puddled.

My problem is passing "$languages_id" to:

function ProductsDataSheet($languages_id, $products_id)

I think that adding it to the URL in products_id.php could solve the problem:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PDF_DATASHEET, 'products_id=' . $product_info_values['products_id'] . '&language_id=' . $languages_id) .'" target="blank">' . tep_image('pdf/pdf.gif') .'</a>'; ?>

could you please confirm that?

I also found product options were not bieng listed, as in the latest snapshot, there is a field in the query that does not exist in the table,

You are referring to "products_options_sort_order" field and you are correct because it is not included in the daily snapshot DB.

Thanks again

ivan

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PDF_DATASHEET, 'products_id=' . $product_info_values['products_id'] . '&language_id=' . $languages_id) .'" target="blank">' . tep_image('pdf/pdf.gif') .'</a>'; ?>

spotted a mistake in your code, should it not read

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PDF_DATASHEET, 'products_id=' . $product_info_values['products_id'] . '&language_id=' . $languages_id .') .'" target="blank">' . tep_image('pdf/pdf.gif') .'</a>'; ?>

O.K. we can try this:

"product_info.php" link to PDF:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PDF_DATASHEET, 'products_id=' . $product_info_values['products_id'] . '&languages_id=' . $languages_id  ) .'" target="blank">' . tep_image('pdf/pdf.gif') .'</a>'; ?></td>

"pdf_datasheet_functions.php" change line 468

to this:

$pdf->ProductsDataSheet($languages_id, $products_id);

:shock:

ivan

Thanks for your answers and this great work. :)

My thumbnails are in gif format and i wanna fix pdf_datasheet_functions.php to use the medium or big image (they are in jpg). I think this easy, but i know what lines of code a must change to do this. ?Can you help me?

Thanks again :D

Ol? se?or mikimoto,

do you want to use medium or big? However try this:

line 322

$print_catalog_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_model, .......

change "p.products_image" to "p.products_image_big" or "p.products_image_medium" (I do not know what you are using but it must be the db field name for the image you want to show)

like:

$print_catalog_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image_big, p.products_model, .......

and then line 344 changes to:

'image' => $print_catalog['products_image_big'],

comment out lines 319 and 320:

// $imagewidth=SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*PDF_TO_MM_FACTOR;

// $imageheight=SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*PDF_TO_MM_FACTOR;

HTH

ivan

I have applied the last patch, but now I see a very strange error. Sometimes the contrib is working and sometimes not (??).

You can check it in mi shop www.sportlander.com

For example if I choose the product 'BCAA 4' or 'Androtest' I see it OK in PDF format; but if I choose 'Isopro' it fails with this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'pa.products_options_sort_order' in 'field list'

select pa.products_options_sort_order, pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_attributes pa, products_options_values pov where pa.products_id = '47' and pa.options_id = '1' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '3' order by pa.products_options_sort_order, 0+pov.products_options_values_name

[TEP STOP]

And another error that I have is that If I have a description with html tags; they are not good printed (as html) in the PDF sheet.

regards

1054 - Unknown column 'pa.products_options_sort_order' in 'field list'

select pa.products_options_sort_order, pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_attributes pa, products_options_values pov where pa.products_id = '47' and pa.options_id = '1' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '3' order by pa.products_options_sort_order, 0+pov.products_options_values_name

[TEP STOP]

try changing the query to the following

select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_attributes pa, products_options_values pov where pa.products_id = '47' and pa.options_id = '1' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '3' order by pov.products_options_values_name

For those who have "products_options_sort_order" field in db "table products" :

query on line 417 does not change:

$products_options = tep_db_query("select pa.products_options_sort_order, pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'" . " order by pa.products_options_sort_order, 0+pov.products_options_values_name");

otherwise:

line 417 changes to:

$products_options = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'" . " order by 0+pov.products_options_values_name");

SEE BUG FIX : "$languages_id" can be used now (instead of a numeric value) since the var is passed to function ProductsDataSheet() by

(line 470)

Did not believe it was so hard to make a contribution!

ivan

Mr. alverman :lol:

The final solution was:

Change two instances of products_image for products_mimage.

Change the lines 318 to 320 like this

//Convertion pixels -> mm

$imagewidth=IMAGE_WIDTH*PDF_TO_MM_FACTOR;

$imageheight=IMAGE_HEIGHT*PDF_TO_MM_FACTOR;

All right now with the images. I gonna start to do regular expressions to convert html characters into plain text. ?Do you think if this is possible?

Pdf rules :)

Sig. Alverman please! :lol:

I gonna start to do regular expressions to convert html characters into plain text. ?Do you think if this is possible?

Se?or Mikimoto, anything is possible in this world, but .... :shock: what do you mean ?? (I'm a little slow).

Hasta la Vendimia Siempre!

For those who have "products_options_sort_order" field in db "table products" :

query on line 417 does not change:

$products_options = tep_db_query("select pa.products_options_sort_order, pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'" . " order by pa.products_options_sort_order, 0+pov.products_options_values_name");

otherwise:

line 417 changes to:  

$products_options = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'" . " order by 0+pov.products_options_values_name");

SEE BUG FIX : "$languages_id" can be used now (instead of a numeric value) since the var is passed to function ProductsDataSheet()  by

(line 470)

Did not believe it was so hard to make a contribution!

ivan

Now all its OK for me! :)

Thanks for all your help