• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP PLEASE for the Amazon Products contribution

poppetpink

I've been creating my own site (so far so good (or ok!!) and thank you to everyone who creates the contributions :)

I have a problem with the Amazon Products one that I would love someone to help me with please...

I followed all of the instrucitons (I think) correctly, it shows in the admin section fine but then on the site that the public see it says:

if ($request_type == NON SSL) { /* only show amazon ad in NON SSL else it causes warning */ include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'amazon.php'); }

where the info box should be.

I don't know where I've gone wrong, is it possible for someone to help me please? (ASAP!!)

:blush:

• 2 months later...

It took a while to get this one but look at line 31 in catalog/include/boxes/amazon.php

'text' => '<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=shiplinuxcom-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=' . $row[0] . '&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_top&lc1=0000ff&bc1=ffffff&bg1=ffffff&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>');

The "rcm.amazon.com" should be replaced with Amazon.co.uk address which is "rcm-uk.amazon.co.uk"

Then change to your Associates ID - ending in "-21"

Immediately after the ID is the code "&o=1". This should be "&o=2" as this seems to be a UK identifier.

So the code you need for the UK should start to look like this.

Another change is the "_top" reference which can be changed to "_blank" if you want it to open in a new window

PS Remember to do the same in the Admin version of amazon.php if you want to view the products in the Admin section.

HTH

Citizen of US Minor Outlying Islands