• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with UK shipping options

xswiftyx

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a UK shop and ship worldwide all done by weight.

Zone rates works fine:

Uk = free

Europe = £2.99

Rest of the world = £3.99

I also have the options for items to be sent insured.

UK 1st class Recorded

Europe Recorded

Rest of the world Recorded

But these will show up everytime no matter where you are in the world and quite often customers will just pick the cheapest and the payment comes though incorrect.

I just need the specify the 2 letter county codes for each shipping option but I dont get the option to do it.

The other way would be to set up zones but I can see this taking about a week to complete.

Any thoughts please?

• 4 years later...

I realise this is an ancient post but it comes up high in searches for "oscommerce uk shipping" - so here I am.

We have a little osCommerce shop which moved from Malaysia to the UK recently. I wrote some shipping modules for it years ago which now offer some Royal Mail Airmail International quotes, along with 1st,2nd,Standard etc local parcels and some newer shipping outfits like myHermes and Collect+. Because it's based on an API hosted elsewhere, you need only install a single shipping module (there's one available for ZenCart too) for all the available shipping methods. The shipping module shows in the checkout only those shipping methods suitable for the origin+destination and the weight. You can further restrict the module to your preferred methods in your osCommerce admin panel.

The available shipping methods can be tested here:

http://www.shipping-quote.net/api/shipping-quote.html?weight=1kg&from=GB&to=GB

Shipping modules are here:

http://www.shipping-quote.net/about/download.html

and API (if you want to roll your own) is here:

http://www.shipping-quote.net/about/API.html#shippingquote

... it's all free and likely to remain that way unless I get lots of users and then I may try to charge a few quid for heavy users - lightweight use will always be free or prospective users won't be able to test it. Some feedback would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am new to all things web based and I need to update our shipping fees but I am extremeley confused as to how? I have had some guidance which has helped with UK charges but not to cover the fact that Royal Mail now charge for parcel sizes as well as weight and these can overlap. Whislt the world zones is leaving me quaking in my shoes as it is going by numbers and I need to again do it by weight and incorporate signed for????

Any help gratefully received!!

@@Carol

A simple way would be to add a number in front of your weight i.e.

Small packets = 105,110,115,120

Medium packets = 205,210,215,220

Large Packets =305,310,315,320

And then price them up into one zone 105:0.5,110:0.8,115:1.0,120:1.75,205:0.95,210:1.5,215:1.75,220:2,305:1.25,310:1.5,315:1.95,320:2.5

and so on

Oh... and don't show the weight on you invoices

Don't forget your 'weights' are just a number the number can indicate anything you want to e.g. bottles, yards, metres, kgs or even lbs.

I have a list of all the euro country iso codes used by Royal Mail might even be able to come up with europe and australasia if you are not a RM business customer

Add the signed for price into your pricing for airmail

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Thank you Julian, but I have managed to lose my international option!!! So we have customers paying UK prices, Oh this is beyond me!!!

How do I set the Zones prices back up??? I hate computers:(

I have realised the country codes are all listed, phew! Was not looking forward to that!!

The weight does not show on the invoices so take it I haven't messed that up??

I had thought I had included airmail as standard as I could not see an option to add it, so my problem is what I put in front of the prices on the Zone side as it just had a number on zone one ie 3:2.50 but Zone 2 has 100:9.80 oh, and before those boxes what is 'sort order'? that starts 100:2.59

:(

Thank you Julian, but I have managed to lose my international option!!! So we have customers paying UK prices, Oh this is beyond me!!!

Yeah customers are quite good at finding out about that - especially international ones

How do I set the Zones prices back up??? I hate computers:(

I have realised the country codes are all listed, phew! Was not looking forward to that!!

How are you shipping Business airmail or personal airmail i.e. do you have an account with Royal Mail?

The weight does not show on the invoices so take it I haven't messed that up??

Sounds good

I had thought I had included airmail as standard as I could not see an option to add it, so my problem is what I put in front of the prices on the Zone side as it just had a number on zone one ie 3:2.50 but Zone 2 has 100:9.80 oh, and before those boxes what is 'sort order'? that starts 100:2.59

:(

Loks as though that bit is messed up - I'll start with the last... sort order is the order the shipping is shown on the shipping page so 1 appears above 2, 2 above 3 and so on

Let's take the nUmbers that appear on zones

3:2.50 means that anything upto 3 is shipped at 2.50 In our case using weights anything up to 3kgs is shipped for £2.50 or someone that ships wine 3 bottles for 2.50€

Now these tables are written in such a way that you can use multiple prices/'weights' like so:

.1:7.54,.2:8.06,.3:8.58,.5:9.62,1:12.22,1.5:14.81,2:17.41

The numbers before the : are the 'weights' and the numbers after the : are the price so anything upto .1kgs costs £7.54 anything between .1kgs and .2kgs costs £8.06 right the way up to 2kgs costing £17.41

Whatever unit you choose 'weight'wise must remain the same throughout

For safety many store owners will put something like 200:999 as the last weight/price which'll make everything over 2kgs (your max airmail weight if you're not selling books) £999 to send otherwise it will default to £0.00

Edited by Xpajun

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary