• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shopping cart problem

shelby72

When I add an item to my shopping cart and then remove it, and I go back and add another item to my shopping cart the checkout_shipping page still thinks the first item is still there. The checkout_shipping.php page adds in the shipping amount plus an amount for an additional item. I do have the first plus zones contribution installed. What could possibly be causing this? Is this a shopping cart problem or the shipping contribution problem? I really need some help to straighten this out.

Edited by shelby72

When I add an item to my shopping cart and then remove it, and I go back and add another item to my shopping cart the checkout_shipping page still thinks the first item is still there. The checkout_shipping.php page adds in the shipping amount plus an amount for an additional item. I do have the first plus zones contribution installed. What could possibly be causing this? Is this a shopping cart problem or the shipping contribution problem? I really need some help to straighten this out.

Whenever I have customers ask me this, invariably it is because they did not use the 'update' button on the shopping cart page, and assumed that refreshing the page or hitting enter after changing the quantity to '0' would remove the item.

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

Whenever I have customers ask me this, invariably it is because they did not use the 'update' button on the shopping cart page, and assumed that refreshing the page or hitting enter after changing the quantity to '0' would remove the item.

I have been hitting the update button and am still having this problem.

Is there not anyone who knows what could be causing my problem? This is driving me crazy. Please someone help me out here.

Can you see the first item in the shopping cart after you update?

After I hit the update to remove the item it goes away. When I go to the checkout_shipping.php page it's still adding the additional shipping charge even though you only see one item in the cart.

Are you sure it is not the tare weight that is being added, or % increase?