• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Has anyone modified UPS CHOICE files to work with MVS yet?

jdice

Hi....Not to be bum...but was wondering if anyone has modified UPS CHOICE files to work with MVS(multivendor shipping)? I think it is just two files that have to be modified....includes/modules/shipping/ups AND includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ups files? I have spend all day on this...and taking a break finally. The TABLE file in the example modifications(instructions for modifications) are vastly different from UPS files. I'm not sure I am even doing it right.

I have got UPS choice to work just fine in the original shipping modules that come with oscommerce. However, not with MVS. I know I have to do alot of modifications to the two files above to get them to work together.

I was just wondering if someone has already conquered this and willing to share it?

Thanks for viewing my post,

Janet

• 3 weeks later...
Hi....Not to be bum...but was wondering if anyone has modified UPS CHOICE files to work with MVS(multivendor shipping)? I think it is just two files that have to be modified....includes/modules/shipping/ups AND includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ups files? I have spend all day on this...and taking a break finally. The TABLE file in the example modifications(instructions for modifications) are vastly different from UPS files. I'm not sure I am even doing it right.

I have got UPS choice to work just fine in the original shipping modules that come with oscommerce. However, not with MVS. I know I have to do alot of modifications to the two files above to get them to work together.

I was just wondering if someone has already conquered this and willing to share it?

Thanks for viewing my post,

Janet

ANYONE???

Not trying to be rude, but please don't bump your posts. It makes it less likely that you will get an answer.

The UPS Choice module is included with the MVS distribution. See catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello, Thank you for your response. However, I believe you have to adapt the existing UPS Choice Shipping Module to work the MVS UPS Choice Module. It involves alot of moifications. I first did the table module which was easy but I am not having such an easy time adapting the UPS choice Shipping Module to work with MVS. There seem to be alot of modifcations. I was hoping to compare my files to someone else's. The needed modified file I am referring to is: catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ups.php. This file I believe must be modified properly to work with MVS.

Sorry if anyone thought I was being pushy bumping my post...just thought my post was getting lost in the shuffle. I have spent a month on this total trying to solve this myself and searching/googling oscommerce solutions extensively before asking for help over a week ago. So after a long day of searching again, and repeated attempted trials...I did finally post again in hopes someone would see my post who had knowledge. I honestly meant no harm. Sincere apologizes to anyone I bothered.

Thank you again and I will continue working on this:)

Janet

quote name='kymation' date='Feb 27 2009, 06:45 PM' post='1374335']

Not trying to be rude, but please don't bump your posts. It makes it less likely that you will get an answer.

The UPS Choice module is included with the MVS distribution. See catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php.

Regards

Jim

Not a bother, since it mostly hurts you. We usually search through the new posts for ones with zero responses, so yours was more likely to be overlooked. Fortunately I spotted the MVS in your title and took a look.

The version of UPS Choice included with MVS is older than the current version from the UPS Choice Contribution. Is this why you are modifying this one rather than just using the module provided? Is there some bug in the old version, or some feature in the new one that you need? Have you tried the modified version? I can help more if I know what you are trying to accomplish here.

Regards

Jim

Well...my version of oscommerce did not have a ups module at all. I have a shop with two different suppliers. One supplier ships with a flat fee...the other supplier uses ups. i have used Multivendorshipping in the past. This worked quite well with two different shipping methods. So I upload MVSV1.1 like I did before. I first modifed the Table module to work with mvs. This took care of my flat rate shipping. Then I realized I did not even have ups to begin with as one of my shipping modules in my original oscommerce. So I upload UPS Choice. Got it working perfectly by itself...UPS Choice returned quotes just fine. And then I went to modify the UPS Choice file to work with MVS but I have been unsuccessful. When I enable MVS in my administration by clicking TRUE. My checkout page show UPS and flat rate shipping as options however, UPS is not returning any quotes. However, when I click False turning of MVS. UPS choice returns quotes just fine by itself. So I must have modified catalog/shipping/modules/ups wrong.

If there is an easier way to do this...I open to suggestions.

Janet

Not a bother, since it mostly hurts you. We usually search through the new posts for ones with zero responses, so yours was more likely to be overlooked. Fortunately I spotted the MVS in your title and took a look.

The version of UPS Choice included with MVS is older than the current version from the UPS Choice Contribution. Is this why you are modifying this one rather than just using the module provided? Is there some bug in the old version, or some feature in the new one that you need? Have you tried the modified version? I can help more if I know what you are trying to accomplish here.

Regards

Jim

The table module supplied with MVS should just work, so I'm at a loss to understand the need to modify it all over again. Good practice for modding shipping modules, maybe.

There are two UPS shipping modules in the MVS distribution: UPS Choice and UPSXML. Both of them are working in stores that I have built and currently maintain. You need to use the Vendors section of your admin to access these. True, these modules only work with MVS turned on, so you'll need the standard module if you turn it off.

Note that the standard modules go in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ while the MVS-modified ones are in catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping/. Putting a module in the wrong place will cause all sorts of errors.

I'm wandering around here because I still don't understand the problem. Help?

Regards

Jim

Okay...it is late....I will look at my version of MVS. When I have MVS turned on...UPS and my flat fee come up...but UPS is not returning quotes. Only my flat fee quote is coming up. Maybe there is another reason I am overlooking. I will look into it some more. Maybe I don't need to modify regular shipping modules as I thought. If MVS is supposed to work after installation..right out of box...then I have done something wrong. Maybe there is another reason UPS is not returning quotes. Well, now I have us both scratching our heads.

Janet

The table module supplied with MVS should just work, so I'm at a loss to understand the need to modify it all over again. Good practice for modding shipping modules, maybe.

There are two UPS shipping modules in the MVS distribution: UPS Choice and UPSXML. Both of them are working in stores that I have built and currently maintain. You need to use the Vendors section of your admin to access these. True, these modules only work with MVS turned on, so you'll need the standard module if you turn it off.

Note that the standard modules go in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ while the MVS-modified ones are in catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping/. Putting a module in the wrong place will cause all sorts of errors.

I'm wandering around here because I still don't understand the problem. Help?

Regards

Jim

UPS is quirky and can be a pain to get working. If you have the standard module working, make certain that you have all of the settings in the vendor version exactly the same. You can change them to your vendor's settings once you have verified that the module works correctly. You must be on the Production server as well. Good luck, and ask again if you are still having problems.

Regards

Jim

UPS is quirky and can be a pain to get working. If you have the standard module working, make certain that you have all of the settings in the vendor version exactly the same. You can change them to your vendor's settings once you have verified that the module works correctly. You must be on the Production server as well. Good luck, and ask again if you are still having problems.

Regards

Jim

Do you think the fact that I have BTS template would affect the installation of this module. I have installed several contributions splitting files in both the catalog area and template/fallback folder before with no problems. But I did look at the osmax version of MVS and compared it alittle. I do not have Osmax. I just have a bts template. I noticed the sql files were vastly different. If so...do you know what files need to be changed. It is mostly working...flat rates are working just fine. and UPS symbol is showing up during checkout and so are the pounds. I am just not getting ups quotes back during checkout.

Just thought I would ask...I know you don't have all day to help us self learners. ...so don't feel like you have to answer all my questions. But I know sometimes...it could be something simple you already know...I could quickly change.

Thanks for your help so far,

Janet

It's unlikely to be a template problem if you have that much working. Now it's time to see what UPS is returning. Find this code in catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping/ups.php:

/*
mail('[email protected]','UPS response',$body,'From: <[email protected]>');
*/

and remove the comments and replace [email protected] with your email address.

Regards

Jim

It's unlikely to be a template problem if you have that much working. Now it's time to see what UPS is returning. Find this code in catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping/ups.php:

/*
mail('[email protected]','UPS response',$body,'From: <[email protected]>');
*/

and remove the comments and replace [email protected] with your email address.

Regards

Jim

Okay, I replaced both [email protected] with my email address and took the slashes/star out.

what next?

Okay, I replaced both [email protected] with my email address and took the slashes/star out.

what next?

Okay I ran a sale through...this is what ups sends me:

UPSOnLine4%1DM%08846%US%46219%US%105%2%76.16%0.00%76.16% 8:00 A.M.%
4%1DA%08846%US%46219%US%105%2%44.38%0.00%44.38%10:30 A.M.%
4%1DP%08846%US%46219%US%135%2%40.80%0.00%40.80%End of Day%
4%2DA%08846%US%46219%US%205%2%18.19%0.00%18.19%End of Day%
4%3DS%08846%US%46219%US%305%2%13.48%0.00%13.48%End of Day%
4%GND%08846%US%46219%US%005%2%10.34%0.00%10.34%End of Day%

It appears that UPS is responding correctly. This means that something in your site is not showing the information from the module. I'm not familiar with your template, but it could be that it is not showing multi-line quotes correctly. You could try disabling everything except UPS Ground and see if that works. Otherwise I'm stumped.

Regards

Jim

It appears that UPS is responding correctly. This means that something in your site is not showing the information from the module. I'm not familiar with your template, but it could be that it is not showing multi-line quotes correctly. You could try disabling everything except UPS Ground and see if that works. Otherwise I'm stumped.

Regards

Jim

I tried disabling everything but ups...just ups symbol and weight shows up...not shipping quote.

I tried disabling everything but ups...just ups symbol and weight shows up...not shipping quote.

No, you need to disable everything except UPS Ground. Use the choices in the UPS module setup menu.

Regards

Jim

No, you need to disable everything except UPS Ground. Use the choices in the UPS module setup menu.

Regards

Jim

Okay...you are probably going to think I am the stupidest person on this planet. I did not check any choices in the UPS module setup menu. I should have known to. I guess when I had installed a previous DHL shipping module...I had to go in and comment out code to exclude certain shipping options. In this MVS, you can do that in the adminstration section. I feel so stupid. Now I am getting UPS ground quotes back.

Thanks for your time,

Janet

That means that there is something in your template that isn't showing multiple quotes from the same module. I'm not familiar with your template system, so I don't know where to tell you to look. Try looking for a loop of some sort. Otherwise, you might try asking in the support thread for the templating system; they might have an idea where the problem lies.

Regards

Jim