• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anyway to stop the PayPal Express checkout button in shopping cart?

chimol

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there was a way to stop the PayPal Express checkout icon from showing up while the user is looking at items in the shopping cart. I'm concerned that they will choose this and pay for the item and I will never see what they have ordered. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but this seems like what will happen if I leave the module active. Can we just eliminate the button from the shopping cart screen and have it available only when they have to choose the payment option instead?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

Steve,

I had the same problem. Just comment out the following lines from catalog/shopping_cart.php.

<!--
<?php 
echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS;
?>

</td>
     </tr>

<?php
     reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
     while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td align="right" class="main"><?php echo $value; ?></td>
     </tr>
-->

Steve,

I had the same problem. Just comment out the following lines from catalog/shopping_cart.php.

<!--
<?php 
echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS;
?>

</td>
     </tr>

<?php
     reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
     while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td align="right" class="main"><?php echo $value; ?></td>
     </tr>
-->

Nelson,

So you did this and no issues? GREAT! I'm going to give this a shot and see how it goes.

Steve

Nelson,

So you did this and no issues? GREAT! I'm going to give this a shot and see how it goes.

<!--//<?php echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS;?></td>	  </tr>//<?php	  reset($initialize_checkout_methods);	  while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {?>	  <tr>		<td>//<?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>	  </tr>	  <tr>		//<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo $value; ?></td>	  </tr>-->

Is this where I would put the // to comment out the lines? I'm not the greatest coder..lol

Steve

<!--//<?php echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS;?></td>	  </tr>//<?php	  reset($initialize_checkout_methods);	  while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {?>	  <tr>		<td>//<?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>	  </tr>	  <tr>		//<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo $value; ?></td>	  </tr>-->

Is this where I would put the // to comment out the lines? I'm not the greatest coder..lol

Do not use //. The <!-- and --> are the marks that I put in to comment out the lines between them. Alternatively you could delete the lines altogether, but I prefer to leave codes alone in case I need them later.