• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

has anyone tried Articles Module v1.0?

rubygirl

I have two questions please:

A) The defaultarticle.php page displays an empty image place-holder. How can this be fixed? this is also the case in the admin pages when previewing the article.

B) The admin pages show price: $0.00 - how can this be removed?

I will try to do this myself and post it up if i get it working (without breaking anything)

I'm working on integrating a number of modules so that I can post the entire tested package.

Edited by TopSecret

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi TopSecret,

As you know, the article mod uses no table for activation/deactivation for the fields like products in admin tool => this should be changed!!!!!!!

- Workaround is to out-comment a special line in article_info.php. Near line 64 you should find a line starting with

$articles_price = $currencies->display price.... until ";"

put a double slash in front of this line -voila no price display

Let us work together to find a good solution !!!

greets

Aplrapid

Thanks for that. Very helpful.

I'm more than happy to work together. Just remember, I am new to osCOmmerce so I'm getting aquainted with the source (although I am an experienced programmer).

Later today I'll work on ensuring that the article image placeholders are only displayed if there is an image.

this works for the category image but not the article list table.

Same case also in admin when previewing the article....

damn I didn't think anyone was using this contrib.. I never got any emails from it ...

maybe I will break out the other version out of the mothballs.....

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

:D

Mate, it's a good contribution.

I have successfully done the following:

i) Images display when necessary in admin pages (e.g. edit & review: articlecat.php).

ii) The $0.00 does not display in admin pages.

iii) images display when necessary in defaultarticle.php

To Do / Question:

a) Can reviewes be deleted? or previewd/autherised?

a) Have you added/modified any functions since your last release? If so, what are they and do you plan on a new release?

Personally, I'm putting together a base osCommerce site with all the modules/contribs that I desire. I am dedicating my first contract entirely to donations to the contributors that I am utilising.

Thanks for any help.

-Top Secret

Great contribution!

Not sure if this helps, but I recently installed the following mod to approve/reject product reviews:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,76

It has been recently updated for MS2 and works brilliantly. I imagine it could be adapted for use in the Articles contribution.

Good luck, Rob

I installed this one, and it seems to work alright, my only problem

that it's requesting a file called UPCOMING_ARTICLES, and it's not there and I'm not sure what it should be?

Thanks

damn I didn't think anyone was using this contrib.. I never got any emails from it ...

maybe I will break out the other version out of the mothballs.....

Did you leave something out? I'm trying to install this module on a fairly recent cvs snapshot (maybe that's my problem, heh), and I'm getting this error:

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

This after I click "New Category" in the Admin page for Articles. The URL it's requesting is:

/admin/FILENAME_ARTICLECAT?cPath=&action=new_category

The URL it's requesting FROM is:

/admin/articlecat.php

FILENAME_ARTICLECAT is obviously defined somewhere (I grepped for it and found it a little while ago, isn't it in filenames.php?), but for some reason articlecat.php isn't including the filenames.php file. There was also a screwed up query on the same page that I fixed by adding the necessary "requires" line. Did I miss something in installation? I went through the instructions again and made sure I did all the steps...

Dave

PS Just testing this "Clickable Smilies" feature in this forum editor.

:huh: :o :D :rolleyes: <_< :( :ph34r:

It is a great contribution , I was waiting this for sometime , it save me time and efforts .

If you would like seeing it working chech my site :

http://www.aherbal.net

Thanks Strider , this a great Job .

Ahahahaha I just checked your article and it says "Premature Ejaculation" LOL....sorry for the OT, I can't help it...LMAO!

This contribution looks great! :D

Best regards,

Elmo

I think you could .. just do the article in html format and then paste it in the wysiwyg editor

to davidfancella

This after I click "New Category" in the Admin page for Articles. The URL it's requesting is:

/admin/FILENAME_ARTICLECAT?cPath=&action=new_category

means you didn't put all the code in .. the ARTICLE shows you didn't include all the code

topsecret

actually I rewrote most of it for a contract I had. Then I rewrote it again for another one .. so I don't know which one is better .. the second rewrite actually does downloading of articles in pdf format or lets the person view them counts the copies etc .. it's pretty spiffy actually ..

then I did it again and merged everything into the core products so articles, catalogs and products are all in the same category list ..

I didn't really think any one would like that one though .. so I have been trying to go back a few revisions ..

and finally to meandrew .. well you could always rewrite it and put it up as a contrib ..*smiles*

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Great contribution!

Not sure if this helps, but I recently installed the following mod to approve/reject product reviews:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,76

It has been recently updated for MS2 and works brilliantly. I imagine it could be adapted for use in the Articles contribution.

Good luck, Rob

Hi Rob, thanks it looks like a great contribution! :)

Best regards,

Elmo

To fix the SUB_TITLE_ARTICLE problem add the following line to C:\WebSites\catalog\includes\languages\english\article_reviews_write.php

define('SUB_TITLE_ARTICLE', 'Article:');

as an addition to this I just discovered that I had to add this line to /english/index.php

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_ARTICLES', 'your heading text here');

after including a listing of new articles on my index page.

(that may have been obvious to you geniuses ;0) but took me 2 weeks to figure out lol)

Im why they put the !ACK! in hack

Article Listing bug, I think in this section of article_listing.php

fix counted articles

$listing_numrows = tep_db_query($listing_numrows_sql);

$listing_numrows = tep_db_num_rows($listing_numrows);

Hi this Article module is quickley becoming an essential part to our website - the gallery owner loves it.

she pointed out that when articles are listed the page count doesn't work correctly.

for the moment Ive commented out the next page feature, but was hoping someone could help me get two issues resolved.

1. to have only the specified number of articles to appear as determined by (I presume) new products listing, currently all my articles appear in a continuous list.

2. to have the page results work correctly.

Ok heres the screen shot.

the first one is of the listing of new articles, i dont think it may be of use to you. in any regards it lists 17 articles, although I have set only 6 to be listed.

next%20previous.jpg

when you click on any page number, or the next link you get this

it seems to read the default article.

articlelist.jpg

if you want to see the issue in action Ive replaced the code and you can test it by clicking on the link Artists Bios

interesting... sorry I didn't get an email saying the topic was updated..

Which version of osc are you using? and what type of server?

I will be honest with you I haven't tried this contrib with more than one page of articles and what is happening is the links are not being formed correctly.

this is what it should be

http://www.harbourmuse.com/gallery/store/c...lePath/2/page/2

or something like that

and this is what is generated from the split page results

http://www.harbourmuse.com/gallery/store/c...le.php/5/page/1

notice the differences

lol

this has sat on my desk for I don't know how long because I forgot to hit return

Hi,

I added this contribution, first one I might say, and am very impressed. Everything works fine and all the links work, but on the index page the title in the Articles box says "BOX_HEADING_ARTICLECAT". I am guessing it is supposed to say "articles" or something along that line?

Thanks!

HARDCORE

you forgot to add the either the language file or another text file as an include .. I think it is the language file. but I really don't remember

hhi Strider, im sorry but i dont see the differences, ive tried to figure it out with comparisons to the product pages, but as im a complete php illiterate it hasn't sunk in.

I do suspect the fix will be simple, my os instalation is the 2.2 ms2

we have php 4.3.3 on a linux running apache, with mysql 4.0.15

let me know if you need any source code to compare, and if i can help, in my limited ability