osCommerce

The e-commerce.

has anyone tried Articles Module v1.0?

rubygirl

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I fixed the mod and reuploaded it .. the new one is 0222-1. I apologize for the inconvienence ..

I also added the html edit to the admin side so as not to make the code go offsite to use the wysiwyg.

I even tested this one and it plays ..

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Just a thought about this great contrib, I noticed it was mentioned about the wysiwyg editor, and I was thinking that maybe this great mod and the wysiwyg mod for email, prod descriptions and general editor for OS could be combined? You can find the mod I am talking about below

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

Let me know if you are going to do this or not :)

Actually this mod now contains the wysiwyg that maxi-dvd (sorry if I misspelled that maxi) did for the products/categories. The one that was used previously in this mod went to some other site and I hate leaving the codebase to go jumping to another site.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Just got it installed and working on a brand new store, just downloaded it followed the instructions and thanks there you go working.

www.oscstore.com/catalog/index.php the articles box is at the bottom right.

Dunno I only just installed it, and im installing more contribs before playing with it properly ;)

But I guess you want too display all the latest articles instead of products. I would think this would be easy as the mod is pretty much a clone of the product, you would just have to alter something in the new products code so instead of it getting the info from products you set it to select the info from articles.

As im in a good mood i might have a look in a mo. I am installing the header tags controller at the moment and im trying to get that to work with articles mod too.

Take another look now :wink:

In catalog/index.php

Find this near the bottom of index.php

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

and replace with

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_ARTICLES); ?>

I didnt realise all the code is already installed. If you want both new products and articles, just add the above code where you want the articles to appear.

I suppose so, you would have to do it from the article though. Unless you want to have "new products for september" with the product and then a link to an article under the product name about the product also, is that what you mean?

You would have to modify the new products module. I dont have time for that at the moment, but it shouldnt be very difficult you just want to add another link.

no i mean when you write the article can you select a product for the article to be about?

I've seen it somewhere where this person has "Related Products" box under his article on the article page when details of the related products.

Oh right, I thought you were asking if it can be featured on the front page!!

There are two mods, x sell, and one i cant remember what its called that allow you to show related products. So if you have one product you can identify a similar product that you think the buyer will want to know about, he has probably used that and just modified it slightly so that it shows related products at the bottom of the article.

I have installed the articles module ok but I get this error below when I create a new category and I click on the move button.

Articles Error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_reverse() in /import_fs2/home/harvey-interactive/public_html/harveycom/mcphees/catalog/admin/includes/functions/articles_general.php on line 155

Any suggestions on what I should do? Anyone else get this error?

I might do a search for that code in my OSC files and get it onto one of the fucntions include files.

I had that problem as well. Here is what I did anyway.

Look for this code in catalog/includes/modules/new_articles.php

$new_articles['articles_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_articles['articles_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_articles['articles_tax_class_id'])));

Take off the last addition after the '</a><br>' and you will end up with this line below.

$new_articles['articles_name'] . '</a><br>');

I think as nice additions to this addon to OCS it would be nice to have the option to show things like a small summary under the article name with a more... link to the article or to maybe show author name?

OK This looks like a great mod but I am having a problem and I have checked things over and over again

when I add the following step

g-1) In catalog/includes/application_top.php add the following code at the bottom

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_app_top.php');

My OSC stops working

If I remove it I can add catagories but I get secure page warning but it still works I can also add a new article also with a secure page warning

I can see the Article box in the right column on the catalog page.

So what do you think the problem is with the above step???

I really want to make this work................

well one shouldn't have anything to do with the other because you can only add categories on the admin side and what you described you did is on the catalog side...

that said ..

are you using the latest contrib .. well besides the one I haven't uploaded yet *grins* .. look to make sure that I put the php brackets in the app_top and make sure you put the require before the end of your last end php bracket.

Here is the buttom section of my application_top.php file

// set which precautions should be checked

define('WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE', 'true');

define('WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE', 'true');

define('WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE', 'true');

define('WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START', 'true');

define('WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE', 'true');

// include the article functions

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_app_top.php');

// Microheli Pages

define('FILENAME_DISCLAIMER','disclaimer.php');

define('FILENAME_PACKAGETRACK','packagetrack.php');

?>

I downloaded your must current release

I am OSC 2.2 MS2

Do you anything else from me in order to get this fixed?