• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

has anyone tried Articles Module v1.0?

rubygirl

I get the following code when I try to add a new catagory under ADMIN

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/thenaturalvet.net/httpdocs/catalog/admin/articlecat.php on line 44

I'm using MS2. Is there a fix to make this old contribution work with MS2?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, got the tep_array_merge problem fixed. Ok, I've removed the _tep from tep_array_merge and changed a few lines that were also coming up with errors:

I'm now getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: insert() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/thenaturalvet.net/httpdocs/catalog/admin/articlecat.php on line 68

Here's what line 68 looks like:

$articlecat_image = new_category.insert('articlecat_image');

Orignially, line 68 and line 639 in admin/articlecat.php looked like this:

$articlecat_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('articlecat_image');

What am I doing wrong here?

• 3 weeks later...

Outstanding mod, one that I had been needing for quite some time!

Everything is working flawlessly except for one small error (and I think it's a local thing, not the contributions problem). While in the WYSIWYG editor and trying to create an article, when I go to insert a picture into the body of the article I get an Internet Explorer warning box:

An error has occured in this dialog.

Error: 38

'selection' is null or not an object

Any quick ideas/solutions to this little bug? I'm also checking with M$crosoft to see what the error really is relating to IE.

Thanks,

JD

D'OH... Found out my problem. It was with the version of the WYSIWYG editor. Just downloaded the newest (although experimental) new java code. Works like a champ now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed Articles 1 on my latest snapshot ms 2 tep_snapshot-20030813.zip

I have worked out a coupple of the errors like the array_merge problem but now I have the next error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_local_path() in /import_fs1/home/harvey-interactive/public_html/harveycom/mcphees/catalog/admin/articlecat.php on line 69

Anyone know how to fix this one?

Do a search for 'tep_get_local_path'. I found where someone posted code for it and 'tep_get_local_file'. I got that far but ran into an SQL problem on the catalog side after that and haven't got back to it.

I have included those functions now in the functions.php in admin/functions and it seems to get rid of that error message for the time being but I get this eror when I go and make a new category

Admin article view error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /import_fs1/home/harvey-interactive/public_html/harveycom/mcphees/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php:228) in /import_fs1/home/harvey-interactive/public_html/harveycom/mcphees/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Catalog errror when going into the articles

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select pd.articles_name, p.articles_image, p.articles_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.' at line 1

select count(select pd.articles_name, p.articles_image, p.articles_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.articles_price, p.articles_tax_class_id from articles_description pd, articles p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, articles_to_articlecat p2c where p.articles_status = '1' and p.articles_id = p2c.articles_id and pd.articles_id = p2c.articles_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.articlecat_id = '7' order by pd.articles_name) as total 

[TEP STOP]

Too many errors to track :roll: It would be good if the author could do a MS2 update

Check the bottom of 'application_top.php' to make sure there isn't any stray white space (spaces or returns) after the '?>'

As for the SQL error, that is where I have give'n up for the time being. If I really need it, I'll get back to it. But I may just create my own by hacking 'Information Pages Unlimited'. I've already hacked that one to create 'Tab Page Unlimed'.

Scott.

Thanks for your help so far. Its been great. I am still finding my way round PHP, but sometimes it is hard to know where to look. I managed to get the error fixed in that application_top.php as I had a extra bit of code below that was effecting it. I am also trying information pages unlimited. I need to have information pages in a hierarchy like any website that has 2 - 3 levels of pages. It would be nice to merge something like Mambo & Oscommerce together.

So now I am just left with that SQL Problem.

Someone must have it fully working in MS 2.2 out there with the SQL error fixed.

Yes, I need a hierarchy of pages also. The idea is to hack 'Information Pages Unlimted' again. That contribution allows pages to be disabled. I plan to add a feature that allows linking to these disabled pages (they wont show up in the menu but they could be jumped to from a link).

No promises, but I hope to start on it next week.

That would be good. I would like to have something that would expand navigation on the side like the existing products menu to get access to general pages.

I am currently playing with a new defaultarticle.php file. I have had a little bit of success but it is still messy.

This is an update of article-content management for the 2.2 ms2 release. If you have any problems please post in this forum.

There are some parts to this contrib that I think need to be changed in a production release such as the wysiwyg editor, imho. Other than that I changed the install around to make it easier and redid the calls to nonexistent pre-222 code. Happy Trails

you can find it here I believe....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,909

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

I am trying out the new articles update on ms2 install. I am having problems on bothe the admin side and the catalog side. I can track things back to the admin/includes/functions/general.php with the line require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'articles_general.php');

When I go into the default page on admin it throws all the contents of articles_general.php instead back to the browser. :cry:

I am currently going back to try another install.

you have to put the require before the ?> at the end of the general.php file

this the same on both the admin and catalog side

no the last version I don't think will work with ms1 .. the original should.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

@ may be you have got some troubles with the contrib. here my results.

this contrib works excellent, thanx a lot strider :):):)

but for you guys:

after one confusing night, I went through the scripts and suddenly a big :) ---> I dont know why, but there are some opening and closing php tags missing in different scripts of this contrib. So I put simply

<?php........................xy-script..............................?> at some of them, just check them all...!!!!!

I cant believe that I needen the whole night to ckeck out that, but I'am really a newbie so....sorry I could not post that earlier :)

I hope that helps some guys.

One more thanks to strider

JAKO

may be a small bug ?:

using ie 5.5 (didnt try otherversions, is not my company)-->

in admin/articles/...adding a new article/product to an existing category results in the fault-message: Line 280, sign 1, fault: object expected, code: 0....whatever that means ....if you accept, its possible to fill in the article and send it. the rest is fine.

that does not happen under mozilla/firebird and opera as well.

may be my database problem ?

since using this contrib, my database (using MySql) became superslow. I optimized it...but no result. has anybody an idea to that problem.

some information would be very much appreciated

jako[/u]

damn did I ever mess up.

In the required files of the last contrib please put a <?php and a ?> at the beginning and end of them if they don't have this.

I apologize I was blowing and going at 3 in the morning.

The suggestion about the editors window in the latest contrib is because the editor.js is coming from an external site. I don't like external site entries. This works with the html dir from the wysiwyg contrib also just by switching the location of the script and the html dir. I think this should be done and can be easily included in this contrib if people are interested.(this does not mean you need to install the wysiwyg's mods to all the category files etc just the html dir). Anyway just a thought.

Also this script is really easy to put in now I think so why don't you just try it from a plain jane 2.2.2 release. There are endless possiblities with it.. but as with all contribs use at own risk.....

I am getting this error on the admin articat.php page

1146 - Table 'mcphees.TABLE_ARTICLECAT' doesn't exist

select c.articlecat_id, cd.articlecat_name, c.parent_id from TABLE_ARTICLECAT c, TABLE_ARTICLECAT_DESCRIPTION cd where c.articlecat_id = cd.articlecat_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.sort_order, cd.articlecat_name

[TEP STOP]

But down the bottom of my admin database_tables.php I have the line activated with:

// Articles mod

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'articles_tables.php');

//end articles mod

?>

and in the admin articles_tables.php I have the define code between <?php and ?>