osCommerce

The e-commerce.

has anyone tried Articles Module v1.0?

rubygirl

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was by far one of the best modules I've installed - I"ve been looking for something just like this - but is was beynd my ability to figure out! I sent him a huge thank you - but because he's in Italy I couldn't send any money. :(

Vikki

• 1 month later...

I didn't see any repsonses to the calls for examples of the mod installed, has anyone installed this on MS1? I am particulary interested in whether the site that was using both this and News Desk has upgraded to MS1

I would like to see examples of both if possible!

Time is a factor too :?

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

• 3 weeks later...

:D :D :D :D :D

Took a few cut'n pastes until I got it running - I still need to modify the width of the displayed pages, and trim my images (I think I'll be using it as a photoalbum)...

This is an example from my testserver :arrow: http://www.blaast.no/butikk/article_info.p...1&articles_id=1

Petter - Arktisk Pudder

• 1 month later...

HI,

I insalled it and it's working fine. However, if I put the url:

http://www.x_y_z_.com/catalog/defaultarticle.php

The error message says :

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_ARTICLES' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/catalog/defaultarticle.php on line 351

Does anybody know what the FILENAME_UPCOMING_ARTICLES is?

Thanks.

GALATASARAY RULES!

ultrAslan - ultrAslan - ultrAslan

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have instaled this contribution, but have one problem.....

When i go into my shop i get the following error:

Parse error: parse error in /opt/guide/www.testpanel.nl/HTML/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1168

the code there is the following:

//*****************************BEGIN*****************************************

//iPLANIT Change

//Articles_Module_v01 - 10/01/2003

//Catalog Storefront

////

// Return the number of articles in a category

// TABLES: articles, articles_to_articlecat, articlecat

==>row1168==> function tep_count_articles_in_category($category_id, $include_inactive = false) {

$articles_count = 0;

if ($include_inactive) {

$articles_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " p, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_ARTICLECAT . " p2c where p.articles_id = p2c.articles_id and p2c.articlecat_id = '" . $category_id . "'");

} else {

$articles_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " p, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_ARTICLECAT . " p2c where p.articles_id = p2c.articles_id and p.articles_status = 1 and p2c.articlecat_id = '" . $category_id . "'");

}

$articles = tep_db_fetch_array($articles_query);

$articles_count += $articles['total'];

I have this code fron the readme file, who can tel me what is wrong with it?

Dani?l

Hi,

I have instaled the Articles_Module_v01 contributie.

In the admin section it is working fine, but in the shop i get the following error:

Parse error: parse error in /opt/guide/www.testpanel.nl/HTML/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1168

I have done everything exactly as in the readme file, and i have done it over and over, it makes me mad :(

This is the code where the problem is acording the parse error:

//*****************************BEGIN***************************************** 

//iPLANIT Change 

//Articles_Module_v01 - 10/01/2003 

//Catalog Storefront 

//// 

// Return the number of articles in a category 

// TABLES: articles, articles_to_articlecat, articlecat 

==>row1168==> function tep_count_articles_in_category($category_id, $include_inactive = false) { 

$articles_count = 0; 

if ($include_inactive) { 

$articles_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " p, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_ARTICLECAT . " p2c where p.articles_id = p2c.articles_id and p2c.articlecat_id = '" . $category_id . "'"); 

} else { 

$articles_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " p, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_ARTICLECAT . " p2c where p.articles_id = p2c.articles_id and p.articles_status = 1 and p2c.articlecat_id = '" . $category_id . "'"); 

} 

$articles = tep_db_fetch_array($articles_query); 

$articles_count += $articles['total']; 

i have put ==>row1168==> in where row 1168 is in the above code.

Can anyone please help me with this??

Dani?l

Hello,

Does this contribution work with Loaded 5? I installed and all looked fine, except when I go to the store and click on a sample article, I receive this error message: "The Page Cannot Be Found".

My test site (with Ian's Loaded 5 and a couple of other contributions) is:

http://www.on-web.net/

I will double check that I followed all instructions - any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Just installed the Article Mod and the Administrative area produces a blank page after trying to create a category or new article. Has any one had that problem? If so, can you assist on a potential fix.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Bugger...

Installed with a few hiccups, got around those hurdles.. but the I get the following message when clicking on the link in admin..

1146 - Table 'webadmin.TABLE_ARTICLECAT' doesn't exist

select c.articlecat_id, cd.articlecat_name, c.parent_id from TABLE_ARTICLECAT c, TABLE_ARTICLECAT_DESCRIPTION cd where c.articlecat_id = cd.articlecat_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.sort_order, cd.articlecat_name

Now this really makes no sence as I know that TABLE_ARTICLECAT exisits ...

Could someone shed a little light on this for me...

Thanks

-lawsy

You have a table named TABLE_ARTICLECAT? Or do you have a table named something like articlecat, which TABLE_ARTICLECAT is supposed to reference? http://wiki.oscommerce.com/helpErrors has some troubleshooting tips. In particular, I think that the third error/fix is relevant here. Note: in newer snapshots, the defines in application_top.php have moved into other files.

Hth,

Matt

Thanks Matt ,I'll look at that link..

I actaully have a table named "articlecat" exactly as whats in the sql...

and the addition to the application_top has this added to to to define the table...

define('TABLE_ARTICLECAT', 'articlecat');

So Im confused....

BUGGER !

I left out a ?> in my copy paste in the 'other' application top... the one in the admin section...

Problem Solved..

Sorry for the trouble people...

Thanks

-lawsy

• 2 weeks later...
Works just fine with me:

http://www.voimaharjoittelu.net/catalog/default.php

Everything under in writings is controlled by articles contribution.

Hi, please help, I always get error;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2htdocsshopcatalogadminarticlecat.php on line 639

Thanks

I am getting a error and can't figure out what I am doing wrong Can someone point me in the right direction?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/user/public_html/dir/admin/articlecat.php on line 44

on line 44 is the following :

$sql_data_array = tep_array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

I am getting a error and can't figure out what I am doing wrong Can someone point me in the right direction?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/user/public_html/dir/admin/articlecat.php on line 44

The function tep_array_merge does not exist in your installation - this is a compatibility issue... check the version the contribution was written for and add the function to your database.php from a compatible version. This *may* solve the issue.

In general, tep_array_merge only existed to call array_merge. Thus, you can replace it with array_merge (just delete the tep_) and everything should work.

Good luck,

Matt

Ok at suggestion I checked what the contrib was made for so i downloaded the CVS and now i am pass that error but at a new one .. the same as the guy who posted before me the following :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /home/user/public_html/dir/admin/articlecat.php on line 639

the code on that line is :

$articles_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('articles_image');

Ok at suggestion I checked what the contrib was made for so i downloaded the CVS and now i am pass that error but at a new one .. the same as the guy who posted before me the following :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /home/user/public_html/dir/admin/articlecat.php on line 639

That is clicking on New Product button (submit) I am getting the same error at New Category and submiting the category

This is what i get for new category.

this is what i have found so far but now i get a error on the next line to fix this error i used the following explanation that i found in the bords from a post from illicious i belive his nick was in i quote him:

New "new_category.insert" file with the updated "new upload" definition instead of the old "tep_get_uploaded_file" one

this is what i have found so far but now i get a error on the next line to fix this error i used the following explanation that i found in the bords from a post from illicious i belive his nick was in i quote him:

New "new_category.insert" file with the updated "new upload" definition instead of the old "tep_get_uploaded_file" one