• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Column Controller - database.php

codefumbler

I have just installed the Column Controller contribution on a previously functional installation of 2.2.

I have followed the instructions in the readme file meticulously - replaced files and modified all the files in the catalog directory.

I have also run the sql script to modify the database.

I have the following problems:

1) I have no L or R columns showing on any pages in the catalog.

2) Admin is working fine except When I click on Column Controller and I get the following:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in C:Program FilesApache GroupApachehtdocsoscommerceadminincludesfunctionsdatabase.php:13) in C:Program FilesApache GroupApachehtdocsoscommerceadminincludesfunctionsdatabase.php on line 13

I have double checked and can't see where I have gone wrong - any ideas?

I would be grateful for any input - thanks.

Richard

Hi

Thanks for your response - I'm not sure what you mean?

It is when I try to check the interface that I get the error - I can use the normal admin features but if I click on Column Controller I get the error - Column Controller doesn't get past this point.

When you say "make sure all applicable fields have been imported correctly" do you mean when I ran the SQL script?

Richard

I'm making progress.

The first problem of no side columns being displayed was down to the SQL script it was trying to insert a value of 14 into configuration_group_id which is an auto increment unique field.

This was a problem because this value already exists for the GZIP compression flag. Because it was the first line of the script it stopped the rest of the inserts happening too.

I changed it to a value of 15 - ran the sql script again through phpMyAdmin and it worked fine and all seems to display as before. I imagine this occurred because when this contribution was released 14 was not in use as a value for configuration_group_id (assuming GZIP is a recent addition).

I still have the problem running the Column Controller - Is it trying to include or require the same file twice and creating a conflict with variable declaration? I am trying to work it out but I am a bit new to OSC and not that familiar with php yet so any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Richard