• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error processing credit card

meierli

When an order is placed with Authorize. net the transaction itself goes through but the customer receives the following error message:

There has been an processing error with your credit card. The credit card transaction could not be verified with this order. Please try again and if problem persist, please try another payment method.

Anybody an idea how I can fix this??

Here is the response from tech support:

It appears from your screenshot that the error may have something to do with your response/receipt URL. It looks like the payment is processing, but the issue occurs when we redirect your customer to your custom receipt page. I would check to make sure that the receipt page is parsing the response correctly and that it is also set up to accept an HTTPS Post.

What do I have to do to fix it?

• 3 weeks later...
Here is the response from tech support:

It appears from your screenshot that the error may have something to do with your response/receipt URL. It looks like the payment is processing, but the issue occurs when we redirect your customer to your custom receipt page. I would check to make sure that the receipt page is parsing the response correctly and that it is also set up to accept an HTTPS Post.

What do I have to do to fix it?

Have you checked your settings using your authorize.net control panel? Look under Account. Go to Receipt Page. Click on Receipt Method. Look at Default Receipt Link (mine shows the full path to checkout_process.php) and Receipt Method (mine shows Post).

• 2 weeks later...

Even though my transactions were successfully processed by authorize.net, I was getting a general error on OS commerce's checkout_process.php (or a fatal error on line 130 of checkout_process.php).

Only by commenting these lines in the checkout_process.php was I able to get things working:

// {{ buySAFE Module

// $buysafe_cart_id = MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_CART_PREFIX . '-' . tep_session_id() . (tep_count_customer_orders()-1);

// $checkout_params = array('WantsBond' => ($WantsBond ? $WantsBond : 'false'), 'orders_id' => $insert_id, 'buysafe_cart_id' => $buysafe_cart_id);

// $checkout_result = $buysafe_module->call_api('SetShoppingCartCheckout', $checkout_params);

// if (is_array($checkout_result) && $checkout_result['IsBuySafeEnabled'] == 'true')

// {

// $update_data_array = array('buysafe_cart_id' => $buysafe_cart_id,

// 'buysafe_client_ip' => tep_get_ip_address(),

// 'buysafe_session_id' => tep_session_id());

// tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS, $update_data_array, 'update', "orders_id = '" . (int)$insert_id . "'");

// }

// }}

I DO NOT have the buysafe module installed. My guess is that authorize.net is returning in their response some sort of requirement to use buysafe, but I don't know how to confirm this theory. I do not (yet) know if there are any negative side-effects of the change I made...

My config includes:

- Host: lunarpages

- using MD5 hashing

Authorize.net settings:

Direct Response Delimiter: yes, comma, double-quotes

Receipt response url: https://MYSHOP/checkout_process.php

Relay response url: blank

Even though my transactions were successfully processed by authorize.net, I was getting a general error on OS commerce's checkout_process.php (or a fatal error on line 130 of checkout_process.php).

Only by commenting these lines in the checkout_process.php was I able to get things working:

// {{ buySAFE Module

// $buysafe_cart_id = MODULE_BUYSAFE_BUYSAFE_CART_PREFIX . '-' . tep_session_id() . (tep_count_customer_orders()-1);

// $checkout_params = array('WantsBond' => ($WantsBond ? $WantsBond : 'false'), 'orders_id' => $insert_id, 'buysafe_cart_id' => $buysafe_cart_id);

// $checkout_result = $buysafe_module->call_api('SetShoppingCartCheckout', $checkout_params);

// if (is_array($checkout_result) && $checkout_result['IsBuySafeEnabled'] == 'true')

// {

// $update_data_array = array('buysafe_cart_id' => $buysafe_cart_id,

// 'buysafe_client_ip' => tep_get_ip_address(),

// 'buysafe_session_id' => tep_session_id());

// tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS, $update_data_array, 'update', "orders_id = '" . (int)$insert_id . "'");

// }

// }}

I DO NOT have the buysafe module installed. My guess is that authorize.net is returning in their response some sort of requirement to use buysafe, but I don't know how to confirm this theory. I do not (yet) know if there are any negative side-effects of the change I made...

My config includes:

- Host: lunarpages

- using MD5 hashing

Authorize.net settings:

Direct Response Delimiter: yes, comma, double-quotes

Receipt response url: https://MYSHOP/checkout_process.php

Relay response url: blank

I doubt that authorize.net had anything to do with it. Somehow it looks like this contribution was coded into your file: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ns,5113/page,14