• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] iOSC - mobile version of OSC on your iPhone

bumbarash

I installed this contribution and it was working fine. I then installed googlecheckout awhile after that and tested the cart through the iphone. After entering the cc info and hitting continue, I get this:

Warning: cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/xxx/public_html/cataglo/googlechecout/shipping_Methods.pp:72) in /usr/home/xxx/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

And advice for correcting this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have installed this Add-On but seem to be having an issue with links on the site.

I have added the changes that Steve has suggested Here.

Here is a link to the Mobile_index.php - My link

Once you reach the index page and you click on any category then it switches to the PC Site rather than the mobile site. Pls Help!!!

How can I get this issue resolved.

Thanks!

Hi i would go through your files and replace any forms and links to the mobile files ie

FILENAME_DEFAULT

to

FILENAME_MOBILE_DEFAULT

That should do the trick

I installed this contribution and it was working fine. I then installed googlecheckout awhile after that and tested the cart through the iphone. After entering the cc info and hitting continue, I get this:

Warning: cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/xxx/public_html/cataglo/googlechecout/shipping_Methods.pp:72) in /usr/home/xxx/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

And advice for correcting this?

Thanks.

Hi

check if any empty lines before and after the ?> at bottom of the files mentioned also check the language file for that payment mod, if that dont work check out the code in the 2 files and make sure its not being called twice

Steve

Hi,

I have installed this Add-On but seem to be having an issue with links on the site.

I have added the changes that Steve has suggested Here.

Here is a link to the Mobile_index.php - My link

Once you reach the index page and you click on any category then it switches to the PC Site rather than the mobile site. Pls Help!!!

How can I get this issue resolved.

Thanks!

Can some one please help with this?

Can some one please help with this?

From the comment in my code, I seem to have had the same issue and resolved it ...

in mobile_index.php, around line 49

//		$path = tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $item['categories_id']);
	$path = tep_mobile_link('mobile_index.php', 'cPath=' . $item['categories_id']);

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I've installed this contribution and while it looks great, when someone purchases through it their CC info and CVV numbers are not stored. They show as though they paid by credit card but the data for it is not there at all. What did I do wrong?

Thanks.

You should not be storing credit card info on your website!!!!

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

You should not be storing credit card info on your website!!!!

I comply with my merchant processing, thanks.

Again my problem is that the credit card information does not carry over at all. None of it is showing on the order or is emailed to me. It all comes up blank.

From the comment in my code, I seem to have had the same issue and resolved it ...

in mobile_index.php, around line 49

//		$path = tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $item['categories_id']);
	$path = tep_mobile_link('mobile_index.php', 'cPath=' . $item['categories_id']);

hi,

found the line exactly where you said and I have made the change but still has not solved the issue.

Please visit my site and have a look -My Mobile Site

Thanks. Appreciate your help in this matter.

hi,

found the line exactly where you said and I have made the change but still has not solved the issue.

Please visit my site and have a look -My Mobile Site

Thanks. Appreciate your help in this matter.

Hi

this is my mobile/includes/configure.php

<?php
define('DIR_MOBILE_IMAGES', 'mobile/images/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES', 'mobile/includes/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_MODULES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_CLASSES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_HEADERS', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'headers/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_LANGUAGES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define ('MOBILE_IMAGE_WIDTH', '70px');
define ('MOBILE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '70px');

//define ('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'mobile_index.php');
define ('FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT', 'mobile_advanced_search_result.php');
define ('FILENAME_PRODUCTS', 'mobile_products.php');
define ('FILENAME_ABOUT', 'mobile_about.php');
define ('FILENAME_SEARCH', 'mobile_search.php');
define ('FILENAME_LANGUAGES', 'mobile_languages.php');
define ('FILENAME_LOGIN', 'mobile_login.php');
define ('FILENAME_MOBILE_LOGOFF', 'mobile_logoff.php');
define ('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT', 'mobile_account.php');

define ('FILENAME_MOBILE_CONDITIONS', 'mobile_conditions.php');
define ('FILENAME_MOBILE_SHIPPING', 'mobile_shipping.php');
define ('FILENAME_MOBILE_PRIVACY', 'mobile_privacy.php');
define ('FILENAME_MOBILE_CONTACT_US', 'mobile_contact_us.php');

define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_EDIT', 'mobile_account_edit.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_HISTORY', 'mobile_account_history.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'mobile_account_history_info.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_NEWSLETTERS', 'mobile_account_newsletters.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_NOTIFICATIONS', 'mobile_account_notifications.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD', 'mobile_account_password.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ADDRESS_BOOK', 'mobile_address_book.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN', 'mobile_password_forgotten.php');

define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION', 'mobile_checkout_confirmation.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'mobile_checkout_payment.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS', 'mobile_checkout_payment_address.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING', 'mobile_checkout_shipping.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'mobile_checkout_shipping_address.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS', 'mobile_checkout_success.php');

define ('SEO_ENABLED', 'true');
define ('MOBILE_DEBUG', false);
define ('AJAX_ENABLED', false);
?>

Steve

Edited by steve_s

Hi

My define previous ('SEO_ENABLED', 'false'); but i have changed this to true now. now getting a different error and no page is opening up.

My Mobile Site

<?php

define ('FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT', 'mobile_advanced_search_result.php');

define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'mobile_account_history_info.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_NEWSLETTERS', 'mobile_account_newsletters.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_NOTIFICATIONS', 'mobile_account_notifications.php');

define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION', 'mobile_checkout_confirmation.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS', 'mobile_checkout_payment_address.php');
define('FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'mobile_checkout_shipping_address.php');

?>

Appreciate your support and the responses. dont know what else to do to get this fixed.

Regards,

Kunal

Hi

My define previous ('SEO_ENABLED', 'false'); but i have changed this to true now. now getting a different error and no page is opening up.

My Mobile Site

<?php

?>

Appreciate your support and the responses. dont know what else to do to get this fixed.

Regards,

Kunal

Hi Kunal,

change this to false

Steve

Hi Steve,

Changed it to false now but still no luck.

Any other ideas why this is happening?

Regards,

Kunal

Hi Kunal,

All i can suggest is pm me and i will send you my files but, i have added stuff that is not in a standard osc so you will have to do a file compare

Steve

• 1 month later...

Just a few thoughts and tips for users of this contrib. Although I've read the length of this thread, some of these ideas may have been mentioned before. My apologies if there are repeats. :rolleyes:

Testing the Contrib

For folks who lack multiple devices for testing, you can download a User Agent emulator for FireFox at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59/ . Among the possibilities are several mobile devices / OSs / Browsers. Since your mobile site is based on a different screen resolution, the header will appear wrong, but I've found it invaluable in testing redirects and other functions.

Redirect Problems

For folks with redirect problems, the author of this contrib has done us all a great service. I applaud their ingenuity. Unfortunately, like many others I just couldn't get the redirect to work. With all the new devices emerging daily too, I suspected that if the redirect worked for me now, it would be missing some devices in the near future. I have opted for a different redirect script. It is open source, so it is constantly being updated and totally free. It can be downloaded at http://detectmobilebrowser.com/ . Click download scripts and then php. You can set yourself a reminder to download every month or so and you're always up to date. (Again, no joy taken away from the original author. Honestly great work.)

Now for the implementation. I was getting errors with the redirect being called from application_top.php when the mobile_index.php calls it's own application_top that then calls the original application_top again. I was getting a loop and the address wouldn't resolve. Perhaps I did something else wrong, but I did find a solution. I call the redirect from the main site header.php. (Actually, I use a template system, so I call it from the main template, but I believe most users would use their header.php.) Here's how it would work.

a. Create a php file in the mobile/includes/classes dir called mobile_user_detect.php. Put the script you downloaded above in it. The last part of the script contains the redirect looking something like "header('Location: http://detectmobilebrowser.com/mobile');". Change to read "header('Location: http://yousitename.com/catalog/mobile_' . $mobile_device_url);". (I'll get to the $mobile_device_url in a moment.) If your mobile dir and mobile_* files reside in a different directory, naturally, you'll have to change this url some.

b. In your header.php, put the following line "require_once('mobile/includes/classes/mobile_user_detect.php');". Again, if this doesn't resolve to the right location, you'll have to adjust for your structure.

c. Last thing is the $mobile_device_url. If you are like me, most visitors don't enter your site on your homepage anyway. They click a search ad or organic result and enter on a product page. Redirecting to mobile_index.php doesn't make sense. You want them to go to the correct product page, just on the mobile version. Here's what you do. In your header.php immediately before the "require_once('mobile/includes/classes/mobile_user_detect.php');" line you just added, insert this code "$mobile_device_url = basename($PHP_SELF) . '?' . tep_get_all_get_params();". This grabs the product id and correct file name from the referring URL so the redirect can append it to the new URL. So, "www.yousite.com/catalog/product_info.php?product_id=1" becomes "www.yousite.com/catalog/mobile_product_info.php?product_id=1".

Added Benefits

For folks who are struggling with links always referring back to your main site, I think this would just send them to your mobile site again. I wasn't having this issue thanks to some previous posts, but I suspect it would function in this fashion. Guess someone else will have to try it.

For folks who normally use SEO URLS, this even allows my install to correctly redirect to these product pages. Basically then, "www.yousite.com/catalog/some-great-product-1.html" becomes "www.yousite.com/catalog/mobile_product_info.php?product_id=1". If you're using a different SEO URLs and it doesn't work for you, sorry. For many though, this will save you having to rewrite all your links with your PPC providers to the non-SEO URL format. It works either way.

I know this was a little long. Hopefully, it contains some useful info for someone. I have added several changes from some previous posts on this thread, so I don't really have a way to see if these changes will work with the contrib "out of the box". Good luck to all and thanks to the original author and many previous posters.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few thoughts and tips for users of this contrib. Although I've read the length of this thread, some of these ideas may have been mentioned before. My apologies if there are repeats. :rolleyes:

Testing the Contrib

For folks who lack multiple devices for testing, you can download a User Agent emulator for FireFox at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59/ . Among the possibilities are several mobile devices / OSs / Browsers. Since your mobile site is based on a different screen resolution, the header will appear wrong, but I've found it invaluable in testing redirects and other functions.

Redirect Problems

For folks with redirect problems, the author of this contrib has done us all a great service. I applaud their ingenuity. Unfortunately, like many others I just couldn't get the redirect to work. With all the new devices emerging daily too, I suspected that if the redirect worked for me now, it would be missing some devices in the near future. I have opted for a different redirect script. It is open source, so it is constantly being updated and totally free. It can be downloaded at http://detectmobilebrowser.com/ . Click download scripts and then php. You can set yourself a reminder to download every month or so and you're always up to date. (Again, no joy taken away from the original author. Honestly great work.)

Now for the implementation. I was getting errors with the redirect being called from application_top.php when the mobile_index.php calls it's own application_top that then calls the original application_top again. I was getting a loop and the address wouldn't resolve. Perhaps I did something else wrong, but I did find a solution. I call the redirect from the main site header.php. (Actually, I use a template system, so I call it from the main template, but I believe most users would use their header.php.) Here's how it would work.

a. Create a php file in the mobile/includes/classes dir called mobile_user_detect.php. Put the script you downloaded above in it. The last part of the script contains the redirect looking something like "header('Location: http://detectmobilebrowser.com/mobile');". Change to read "header('Location: http://yousitename.com/catalog/mobile_' . $mobile_device_url);". (I'll get to the $mobile_device_url in a moment.) If your mobile dir and mobile_* files reside in a different directory, naturally, you'll have to change this url some.

b. In your header.php, put the following line "require_once('mobile/includes/classes/mobile_user_detect.php');". Again, if this doesn't resolve to the right location, you'll have to adjust for your structure.

c. Last thing is the $mobile_device_url. If you are like me, most visitors don't enter your site on your homepage anyway. They click a search ad or organic result and enter on a product page. Redirecting to mobile_index.php doesn't make sense. You want them to go to the correct product page, just on the mobile version. Here's what you do. In your header.php immediately before the "require_once('mobile/includes/classes/mobile_user_detect.php');" line you just added, insert this code "$mobile_device_url = basename($PHP_SELF) . '?' . tep_get_all_get_params();". This grabs the product id and correct file name from the referring URL so the redirect can append it to the new URL. So, "www.yousite.com/catalog/product_info.php?product_id=1" becomes "www.yousite.com/catalog/mobile_product_info.php?product_id=1".

Added Benefits

For folks who are struggling with links always referring back to your main site, I think this would just send them to your mobile site again. I wasn't having this issue thanks to some previous posts, but I suspect it would function in this fashion. Guess someone else will have to try it.

For folks who normally use SEO URLS, this even allows my install to correctly redirect to these product pages. Basically then, "www.yousite.com/catalog/some-great-product-1.html" becomes "www.yousite.com/catalog/mobile_product_info.php?product_id=1". If you're using a different SEO URLs and it doesn't work for you, sorry. For many though, this will save you having to rewrite all your links with your PPC providers to the non-SEO URL format. It works either way.

I know this was a little long. Hopefully, it contains some useful info for someone. I have added several changes from some previous posts on this thread, so I don't really have a way to see if these changes will work with the contrib "out of the box". Good luck to all and thanks to the original author and many previous posters.

Thank you for the help! I was able to get through the mobile site without being redirected to the main site. There is one issue though, I am able to browse through category menus and such, but when it comes to actually showing the items, nothing is shown. For example, I start with Hard Cover > Apple > iPhone.. after clicking iPhone, where it should show the 100s of cases, is a blank spot. The menu still shows, but no items. Any known workaround? Please notify me, thanks.

Great Post – the redirect works perfect. But the problem that I am having is that once you get past the categories and it shows the grid of products. If you click on the product it will not bring the product up. You get a screen that says product not found! With a continue button and when you click that button it takes you back to the first page of the site.

Site info: Running CRELoaded 6.4

PHP 5.2.12

MySQL 5.1.45

Thanks Dave

checkout_initialization_methods is new function has been introduced in the latest OSC v2.2

check your includes/classes/payment.php.

If you don't have it you could add this:

function checkout_initialization_method() {
  $initialize_array = array();

if (is_array($this->modules)) {
	reset($this->modules);
	while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {
	  $class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
	  if ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled && method_exists($GLOBALS[$class], 'checkout_initialization_method')) {
		$initialize_array[] = $GLOBALS[$class]->checkout_initialization_method();
	  }
	}
  }

return $initialize_array;
}

Hi

I have the same problem, but if I paste this function script in includes/classes/payment.php, I get a Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in... error message:

Has somebody an idea what could be wrong? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent post, Escaping.

Unfortunately, between my work and my family I don't have time to work on this contribution.

So, if anyone would like to continue support the add-on, you are more then welcome

Here is the svn for the latest code: GoogleCode

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the help! I was able to get through the mobile site without being redirected to the main site. There is one issue though, I am able to browse through category menus and such, but when it comes to actually showing the items, nothing is shown. For example, I start with Hard Cover > Apple > iPhone.. after clicking iPhone, where it should show the 100s of cases, is a blank spot. The menu still shows, but no items. Any known workaround? Please notify me, thanks.

Still looking for a way to fix this.. does anyone have any ideas?

Anybody watching this topic that can help me with this?

if I have a mix of subcategories and products, it won't show either, maybe that's the case ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I have other problems with this addon but right now i fixed my viewing of product info on iphone

before when i clicked on the product, it would take me to the full site, now i did this to be able to view properly on iphone.

go to mobile/includes/configure.php, add this line

define ('FILENAME_MOBILE_PRODUCT_INFO', 'mobile_product_info.php');

go to mobile/includes/modules/products.php

change this part in line 27 or around that to this:

tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_MOBILE_PRODUCT_INFO

Refresh your pages and try it out....looks good on my iphone.

Using PayPal to complete transaction.

Not sure if this is posted already or not. When you click "Confirm Order" the current set up takes you to the PayPal log in/homepage and users can not complete transaction. But if you copy the code from your "full size" checkout_confirmation.php

<?php

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {

$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;

} else {

$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

}

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {

echo $payment_modules->process_button();

}

echo tep_image_submit('button_confirm_order.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM_ORDER) . '</form>' . "\n";

?>

& paste it your mobile_checkout_confirmation.php around line 307 & around 472 (you'll need to remove the current buttons

<input type="submit" value="<?php echo IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM_ORDER; ?>">

your users will be taken to the full size PayPal checkout page (just like on a computer).

It works fine because after all this is an iPhone we're dealing with (I have no idea if it works with other mobiles) good luck!

This needs updating. I installed version 2.0c and mobile_checkout_confirmation.php only has 236 line.

are the codes for one complete block or in 2 different sections?

Please make this easier.

Nevermind, I got it working, all you have to do is change line 94 to this

echo $payment_modules->process_button();

no need to copy and paste anything else.

Edited by Sparticus

• 3 weeks later...