• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] iOSC - mobile version of OSC on your iPhone

bumbarash

mobile_about.php isn't referencing the proper variable, they're going to "FILENAME_CONDITIONS" but should be going to "FILENAME_MOBILE_CONDITIONS"

Also header.php is linking to FILENAME_ACCOUNT instead of FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT, or the other way around, for uniformity's sake.

It's the same that I sayd before :P

lol ! It is, isn't it? Shows how observant I am.

Well I've got it completely installed to the fullest of my satisfaction, and there it will stay. If anyone else wants to demo it, it should be fully compatible with all browsers, mobile, and pc alike.

http://www.steam-brite.com/mobile

Now it IS a live site, so any orders placed will be treated as real, be warned!

Hello all.

I 've installed version iOSC v2.0c- (latest) following the intructions (placed all the mobile_* files in / directory and then copied the mobile folder).

When i point to my site www.mysite.com/mobile the url is redirected to http://www.rmysite.com/mobile/mobile_index.php i get the following message:

The requested URL /mobile/mobile_index.php was not found on this server

I have changed anything in /mobile/includes/configuration.php

any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Hello all.

I 've installed version iOSC v2.0c- (latest) following the intructions (placed all the mobile_* files in / directory and then copied the mobile folder).

When i point to my site www.mysite.com/mobile the url is redirected to http://www.rmysite.com/mobile/mobile_index.php i get the following message:

The requested URL /mobile/mobile_index.php was not found on this server

I have changed anything in /mobile/includes/configuration.php

any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

A little up in this forum... http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1428012

bye!

Finallyyyy it worked...

after several tries i 've changed the configuration.php by adding " define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/'); " and now seems to work just fine..

but now i have another question/problem to deal with.

My site has 4 level of menus

For example: PC-> Storage -> Hard Disk - EIDE/SATA - products

I see that i can acess the 3 level of menuw (PC, Hard Disk - SATA) but when i choose SATA i can't get the products :(

i'm using FF and i get the following message: "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."

is there a limitation in the levels of menu that the iOSC can support?

i'll try to enable the debug mode

any ideas please..

Edited by stelaras1

Instead of getting linked to mobile_xxxx.php i get to the PC links.

So when i touch a category on my iphone, i'm taken to the pc version.

If i search, i do get results in mobile form, but i'm taken to the product_info.php instead of mobile_product_info.php

Why?

Has Che

Actually I have the same problems trying from a PC and accessing either our store or yours! i don't get it!

I'm on a Mac using FireFox and an iPhone with OS2.2.1 and in both cases I get redirected many times to the pc versions of the files, not the mobile ones.

Ideas?

Thansk!

lol ! It is, isn't it? Shows how observant I am.

Well I've got it completely installed to the fullest of my satisfaction, and there it will stay. If anyone else wants to demo it, it should be fully compatible with all browsers, mobile, and pc alike.

http://www.steam-brite.com/mobile

Now it IS a live site, so any orders placed will be treated as real, be warned!

I managed to click on your link with Firefox on a Mac and i could see your store for a while.

Then closed the browser window.

Then clicked again, and your site is blank :?

Now, mind sharing all the improvements you applied to 2.0c? ;)

I managed to click on your link with Firefox on a Mac and i could see your store for a while.

Then closed the browser window.

Then clicked again, and your site is blank :?

Now, mind sharing all the improvements you applied to 2.0c? ;)

Obviously the contribution has not been standardized yet.

Although its a very flexible and handy add-on it has some strange behaviour :/ like the example you mention..

my issue is that it does not display products..

Edited by stelaras1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most of the time if site shows some weird behavior, it's due conflict with other contributions.

Please send me links to your site and we will try to solve those issues one by one.

Sometimes I'm not around for few days, so please be patient ;)

Thanks for the contribution, I'm having some trouble though. Many of the links on the mobile site lead to the PC site page instead of the mobile site page. Is it supposed to detect if you're on a mobile device and link accordingly? I seem to be linked to the PC site regardless of whether I'm on a PC or a mobile device. It seems others have experienced the same problem, did anyone get it fixed?

Yes. Every page should be redirected to corresponding mobile page for most mobile devices.

Automatic redirect for mobile browsers add this lines to the end of your

catalog/includes/ application_top.php

file

define(DIR_MOBILE_CLASSES , 'mobile/includes/classes/');
  require(DIR_MOBILE_CLASSES . 'mobile_redirect.php');
  $mobileRedirect = new mobileRedirect;

Thanks for the contribution, I'm having some trouble though. Many of the links on the mobile site lead to the PC site page instead of the mobile site page. Is it supposed to detect if you're on a mobile device and link accordingly? I seem to be linked to the PC site regardless of whether I'm on a PC or a mobile device. It seems others have experienced the same problem, did anyone get it fixed?

You have a custom combo box "product_qty", this box is not in mobile version. That might be a problem.

you should include product_qty to mobile_product_info.php as well

Okay...Items are now adding to cart...but...cannot checkout.

I click checkout button and nothing happens...I just stay on shopping cart page.

Any ideas?

Yes. Every page should be redirected to corresponding mobile page for most mobile devices.

Automatic redirect for mobile browsers add this lines to the end of your

catalog/includes/ application_top.php

file

define(DIR_MOBILE_CLASSES , 'mobile/includes/classes/');
  require(DIR_MOBILE_CLASSES . 'mobile_redirect.php');
  $mobileRedirect = new mobileRedirect;

That's my problem, even with the lines added to application_top.php, all links go to PC pages regardless of whether or not I'm on a mobile device. Any ideas?

That's my problem, even with the lines added to application_top.php, all links go to PC pages regardless of whether or not I'm on a mobile device. Any ideas?

Which mobile device you use? iPhone/iPod? If not , what is the user-agent signature for this device?

Which mobile device you use? iPhone/iPod? If not , what is the user-agent signature for this device?

Now that you mention this... i tried to start customizing the "mobile templates" a bit... and with my iphone i notice that the stylesheet used is NOT the iphone one but the blackberry/pda one...

In other words, with iphone i get 3 columns and i MUST put it horizontal way rather than vertical, plus graphics/code is followed for everything except iphone customizing...

am i missing any detection part? has apple updated the useragent id?

On my friend's iphone...Fill out all the create account info and submit and it just reloads the create account page again instead of going to the shipping page.

Hope the kinks are worked out of this soon...As of now people can only view the catalog and cannot place an order

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work bumbarash!

Everything seems in order but

1. I cannot remove items from my cart.

2. When I enter billing information /mobile_checkout_payment.php just clears all fields & reloads with the message "This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order." - the default message from english/checkout_payment.php

www.kickerfilms.com

www.kickerfilms.com/mobile

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I'm running OSC 2.2 RC2a on apache 2.0.52 with php 4.4.6 (with zend 1.30).

I have installed iOSC v2.0c and I'm getting the 404 error on mobile/mobile_index.php

Can anyone tell me how to fix this please?

I don't understand how it works because /mobile/index.php contains

<?php

header('Location: mobile_index.php');

?>

so it just redirects to a missing file???

Andy