Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burt

Support for Discount Coupons by Burt

98 posts in this topic

Is this contrib. related to CCGV 5.21

Unrelated.

You did not read the instructions and you did not realise that this post by Rache, is aimed at you;

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1385172

I have oduble checked instructions.. double checked everything I can think of but nothing is helping.

When a dummy account goes to buy on step 2 of process it asks for the coupon code and It gets entered but when you hit continue..there is no Discount anywhere on order.

Yes I installed it from the admn and assigend it a order like suggested using 10-20-30- and made discount a 15...Can soemone please help me?

It would be best if you uninstalled this and chose a different coupon system to use.

the problem is, you may have double checked, but you are missing something somewhere.. YOU are missing something, there is nothing wrong with the code because it has worked down lots and lots of people. You missed a step, and without a little problem solving of your own, you will likely get no where.

Uninstall and re-install or try a different addon if you are that unhappy

I said all along I am not very bright at this type thing.that why Im asking for support.. but support is just uninstall and go elsewhere? this site has strange ideas of support

because you are not paying us to trouble shoot your website, and although this forum is a GREAT source of information and support, demanding that someone help you when you need it and how you need it is a little ridiculous.. The contribution WORKS which means that you made a mistake, AND people told you where to look for the mistake.. if you cant do that, you might NEED to consider hiring someone to help you.. Its that simple.

No everything comes free, and if someone offers to help you., you should be happy, and if that someone needs more information like CODING, you give it to them and wait however long it takes them to respond.. if you dont want to wait, you need to hire someone. Plain and simple

because you are not paying us to trouble shoot your website, and although this forum is a GREAT source of information and support, demanding that someone help you when you need it and how you need it is a little ridiculous.. The contribution WORKS which means that you made a mistake, AND people told you where to look for the mistake.. if you cant do that, you might NEED to consider hiring someone to help you.. Its that simple.

No everything comes free, and if someone offers to help you., you should be happy, and if that someone needs more information like CODING, you give it to them and wait however long it takes them to respond.. if you dont want to wait, you need to hire someone. Plain and simple

ist of all miss rudeness... I need to wit? i been waiting 5 days and all u can say is to uninstall? This is supposed to be support isnt that the name of it?????as for cde only one who mentioned it was you but u didnt say which code did u want every coded php ? i was polite and pateint and got nothng but attitude not once did i get support..and source of info isnt saying to uninstall...

You do not have a right to get support.

I give minimum support for contributions, as I -KNOW- that my contributions are very easy to install and use. If you cannot understand that we coders give our time and effort WHEN WE WANT TO, then you need to stop using osCommerce and start using something where you PAY for support.

You want better support, you pay for it. Easy as 123. I can give you a list of osCommerce experts all of whom will be very happy to take your money off you - and that list DOES NOT include me.

As it stands, I am advising you that you need to uninstall this contribution and use some other discount system.

You do not have a right to get support.

I give minimum support for contributions, as I -KNOW- that my contributions are very easy to install and use. If you cannot understand that we coders give our time and effort WHEN WE WANT TO, then you need to stop using osCommerce and start using something where you PAY for support.

You want better support, you pay for it. Easy as 123. I can give you a list of osCommerce experts all of whom will be very happy to take your money off you - and that list DOES NOT include me.

As it stands, I am advising you that you need to uninstall this contribution and use some other discount system.

im doing so now as for i didnt pay for support what is this area if not suppot? i didnt pay for smart aleck attitudes but got plenty of that IF you dont want to offer support why come here at all?

if you can not simply figure out which code to place, then you might want to seriously consider hiring someone. People CAN walk you through it step by step, but it can take forever, considering you are getting FREE help.. this is a support forum, yes.. be NO ONE here is an EMPLOYEE of "oscommerce" and no one here is obligated that they support ANYTHING that they addon. Most people use oscommerce because they are confident that they can work on their own, or they are willing to teach themselves the inner workings of oscommerce.. either way does NOT require the isntant support of the community members.

When someone creates an addon, they only thing that they are somewhat expected to do is create an addon that works for the basic oscommerce install, and even if it does not work on a basic install, they can still add it but put a note that its a work in progress. anything beyond that is icing on the cake.> Do you think these contributions fall out of people's butts? I mean, do you REALLY think that people have all this time to come up with contributions and then help every tom, dick, and harry that needs BASIC help..

Usually the contribution support threads arefor debugging and quick help. If you need help thinking of WHERE to look for your issues, you do need to do a little bit more research..

OR just uninstall and reinstall.. there is not enough time in the day to trouble shoot someone's botched install for you.. time is money to EVERYONE>

People are here to offer support, but not to hold someone's hand step by step.. People are here to teach themselves how to do things on their own, people are here to point you in the right direction.. You can not EXPECT anything from anyone except that.. So now that everyone has TRIED mulitple times to point you in the right direction and you chose to "bite the hand that feeds" and get an attitude because they didnt walk you through it.. well, thats your choice.

Any tips on getting this to work with Express Checkout? (the one where you click the PayPal express checkout button _instead_ of the Continue button on checkout_payment.php)

-jared

I got my programmer friend to kill that irritating yellow PayPal button as I didn't like that it bypassed the proper checkout, I dunno what he did but it now doesn't appear and you just go onto the next checkout screen and select your preferred payment method, then enter your coupon code. My coupon plugin works fine with Express Checkout.

So if people clicked the yellow button then they would bypass the OSC page where the coupon box is programmed, amd I right?

The paypal mods I intend to integrate are the ones that come standard with osc. There's just too many to keep track of and most of them are not great codebase.

I got my programmer friend to kill that irritating yellow PayPal button as I didn't like that it bypassed the proper checkout, I dunno what he did but it now doesn't appear and you just go onto the next checkout screen and select your preferred payment method, then enter your coupon code. My coupon plugin works fine with Express Checkout.

So if people clicked the yellow button then they would bypass the OSC page where the coupon box is programmed, amd I right?

Sure, sure -- it's not hard to get rid of Express Checkout, but in this case my customer actually wants it.

Hi Burt, thanks for your great addon.

However, I have a problem would like to seek for your assistant,if you have time, please...

Your coupon system works well until the paypal checkout payment page, there didn't included the shipping cost.

for example order subtotal is $90, shipping $10, coupon discount $5, then in paypal payment page show only $85, it doesn't included the $10 shipping cost.

Can you figure out?

I installed as easy 123. No error nothing happen...

thank you.

I have the v5 version of this up and running and love it BUT I need some sort of onepage checkout and checkout without account as I am losing a lot of customers between adding to basket and completing checkout.

I have tried all the subtle things like changing account to profile etc and putting as few fields as possible on the create account page etc but customers dont seem to want to sign up for anything AND they want a simple one page checkout instead of the god awful 4 pages OSC throws at them. The challenge is all the mods which offer onepage checkout etc seem to bypass the normal OSC checkout files and as there is code for this contribution included in some of these therefore I think using onepage checkouts will disable this coupon system.

Anyone got any ideas? Even though I paid for the install of v5 I might have to remove it in favour of making checkout easier as it is costing me sales :(

Hi everyone,

I installed the Discount Coupons and everything works great except the fact that if a wrong coupon code is entered into the Discount Coupon field, there is no warning message on the page to notify the users of their mistake.

However, I've noticed that the URL changes to: /checkout_payment.php?error_message=You+have+entered+an+invalid+coupon

I appreciate any feedback or thoughts on this.

Thank you very much,

Danny

@Jay: Gary has some good ideas on his blog at clubosc.com. Here are a few:

1 - install More Logical Checkout (written by Gary).

2 - instead of asking for the customer to enter a password, auto-generate one for them and email it to them.

3 - remove some required fields (gender? DOB? why??) so that it just looks like you're asking for shipping information. Using this method, plus the auto-generated password (see previous suggestion), looks like they're just giving shipping information, not checking out.

-jared

I have been askingfor this for what seems like FOREVER!! Something that will autocreate an account kinda.. Just a little checkbox or something.. so it looks like you are inputting shipping info! AWESOMENESS

Hi Burt, I've searched this forum and the old blog but am unable to find a solution, i've down loaded and installed your contribution, it's installed on a heavely modified site, everything in the back end works, but at the front end when a customer enters the coupon i get the following error

1054 - Unknown column 'coupons_code' in 'field list'

select coupons_code, coupons_value, coupons_date from coupons where coupons_code = 'rrrr'

[TEP STOP]

Ive checked and looked at what my ability allows but I'm stuck, I don't understand the plural's on all the above.. the db tables are not... I've searched the code and that is not either, If you could point me where I need to look it would be appriecated.

Thanks

I would think you have missed out a step about running some sql in the installation instructions.

Either google the site for instructions on how to do that or there are some instructions in my profile.

G

Thanks Geoffrey, the sql installed the tables fine no errors, from the admin side creating a coupon is fine it stores in the db ok, at the front end the coupon box only appears if there is a current coupon etc I've dumped and re run the sql query, but just get the same error, is there something else i could of missed ?

Cheers Neil