Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burt

Support for Discount Coupons by Burt

98 posts in this topic

got to the instruction to click install in the modules. and got this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: ot_discount_coupon in /home/danicasb/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 95

me so code stupid not sure what to do any help appreciated

you skipped a section of the install. Did you make sure to add th code into the classes ???

you skipped a section of the install. Did you make sure to add th code into the classes ???

yes i just double checked to be sure

Ho Hum. Are you even using my coupon system?

Hiya, I've just installed this using the "shop already installed" method. Everything seems hunky dory so far regarding the rollout, but it's simply not applying or showing the discount on the checkout_confirmation.php screen. I'll go trawl your support threads for more answers but you can probably post up here faster than I can find it! I am test-buying using a CHEQUE option so have not tried to buy with PayPal yet as I can't send money to myself, I'll have to get a friend to do a test buy for me.

The coupon I created is for multiple customer use.

Thanks

Rache

EDIT - may be having a senior moment here but I've rolled out all your files, however when I go to MODULES - ORDER TOTAL, the coupons module is listed there but the INSTALL button is visible for this module. To enable the coupons do I need to install it, as I thought by modifying all the files, I had "installed" the module?

I know that your README file says

Now you must set up your "order totals" so that the coupon is written to the database

when it is used - and so that it shows up on invoices!

Do this at:

admin > modules > order total

Here, you will see a new entry entitled "Coupons". Guess what? That's what we need to show in the orders...I usually set it to show right underneath the

"shipping" entry.

But you have not actually said what to do. I'm nervous about clicking the install button in case I break my entire website :blink:

Edited by Fuzzbutt.co.uk

Rache

Easy as 123 - firstly, amend all your existing order totals so that instead of having sort order 1,2,3,4 it is instead 10,20,30,40 etc. Then [install] the coupon order_total module, and give it a sort order of 15

Done.

It's getting too unwieldy to continue support of my discount coupon contribution on my blog. Henceforth, this thread will be used for Support.

Download Link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5743

Hello. First let me say I am not a website building genius.. I installed your Addon wich looks to be just what I need, but I have a problem..When I reach the instruction to go to Admin tool/Customers/click coupon...there isnt a coupon option there...any ideas to help a mentally challenged storeowner?

sounds like you missed a step in installation. The part that tells you to put some code in admin/categories.php file i think.

Make sure the new link is in admin/includes.boxes/customers.php so it reads:

<?php

/*

$Id: customers.php,v 1.16 2003/07/09 01:18:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- customers //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMERS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=customers'));

if ($selected_box == 'customers') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS . '</a><br />'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_COUPONS . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- customers_eof //-->

Edited by Fuzzbutt.co.uk

Make sure the new link is in admin/includes.boxes/customers.php so it reads:

thank you..that did add the option to tool in admin ..however when i clickedo n it says page not found...me must have done it wrong thanks for the tip

thank you..that did add the option to tool in admin ..however when i clickedo n it says page not found...me must have done it wrong thanks for the tip

GOt it !!!woohooo even a blind moron can find a nut

It's getting too unwieldy to continue support of my discount coupon contribution on my blog. Henceforth, this thread will be used for Support.

Download Link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5743

ok got it all installed and NO ERROR MESSAGE!!wow

I made my first coupon..

then in a dummy order i entered the ocupon code, but it didnt take anythign off..any ideas?

See below:

Hiya, I've just installed this using the "shop already installed" method. Everything seems hunky dory so far regarding the rollout, but it's simply not applying or showing the discount on the checkout_confirmation.php screen. I'll go trawl your support threads for more answers but you can probably post up here faster than I can find it! I am test-buying using a CHEQUE option so have not tried to buy with PayPal yet as I can't send money to myself, I'll have to get a friend to do a test buy for me.

The coupon I created is for multiple customer use.

Thanks

Rache

Rache

Easy as 123 - firstly, amend all your existing order totals so that instead of having sort order 1,2,3,4 it is instead 10,20,30,40 etc. Then [install] the coupon order_total module, and give it a sort order of 15

Done.

Edited by Fuzzbutt.co.uk

ok got it all installed and NO ERROR MESSAGE!!wow

I made my first coupon..

then in a dummy order i entered the ocupon code, but it didnt take anythign off..any ideas?

Did I miss doing smething?

Did I miss doing smething?

Did I say or do somethiong improper?I have been waiting 4 days for some assitance but no onei s helping.Im sorry If I offended everyone somehow

no. You just did not give ANY Information other than "its broke"

no. You just did not give ANY Information other than "its broke"

Well I installed it but when a dummy customer checkout and enters the coupon code then clicks proceed or conffirm order it fails to take off discount...still charging full price

still.. no information..w hats the code? did youcomplete the installation? errors? no errors? blank page? does it show that the coupon was used in the invoice but the money stays?

still.. no information..w hats the code? did youcomplete the installation? errors? no errors? blank page? does it show that the coupon was used in the invoice but the money stays?

there is no errors.. and i made a coupon...then made bummy name and did dummy purchase..click checkout...thne click to next window and i enter the coupon whihc is card clkick next and it just says the same total doesnt show anythign about disxcount.

what info do you need? there is no placeo n invoice or confirmation that shows any discount existed so i assume even th there is the ocup[on option it isnt actually applyin it but no error messages of anykind