• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sign in to follow this  
Code Red

Problem with Cybersource SOP Module

Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having with this module.

I've installed the module, generated and installed the HOP.php file as required, set the permissions so it's readable etc etc but whenever I try to process a credit card payment I just keep getting the same error -

The card type you have selected does not match the number entered. Please try again.

I've tried running the same card through Cybersource's Virtual Terminal and it processes fine, so there's nothing wrong with the card. Incidentally, the same error comes up even if I use the "test" credit card number given by the module.

I've not really got involved with the payment side of OS Commerce until now, so I'm not really sure where to start in terms of debugging.

To fill in some additional information -

When any credit card is entered, an error code -5 is generated. This code is generated when the card type entered by the customer ($HTTP_POST_VARS['card_cardType']) doesn't match the validated card type ($this->cc_card_type_id).

This is where it gets weird - I modified the error message so that it included the variables involved -

$error = TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_CARD_TYPE_MISMATCH . 'The card type is ' . $cc_validation->cc_type . '(' . $this->cc_card_type_id . '), the POST variable is ' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['card_cardType'];

When I run a credit card through the site, this is the error message I get -

The card type you have selected does not match the number entered. Please try again.The card type is Mastercard(002), the POST variable is 002

As you can see, the two variables clearly DO match (002 = 002), but for some reason the code thinks they don't :blink:

What gives???

Edited by Code Red