• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Shipping zoneworld

elari

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,920

What it does

this is a modified version of shipping zones.php that includes 3 default zones

but the most intrerrest is that you don't have to set country for the last third zone (or more), the last zone will automatically default to all others unlisted country

1 : FR can be changed for your country

2 : AT,BE,GB,DE,GL,IS,IE,IT,NO,NL,DK,PL,ES,SE,CH,FI,PT,IL,GR that are other European country except FR defined in zone 1

3 : All Other World Country not defined.

If you want, you can still define more zone, but keep in mind that this is the lastest zone that will be used for country not listed

this is working for lastest snapshot. define fees for each zones. set order capabilities.

this was originally posted as zones_3fr and renamed as zoneworld for some compatibility issues...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) it some time that i have already published that...under zones_3fr

now i have only changed name of module to remove _ that was creating a problem with module zones

however good news if it help :))

• 2 weeks later...
You are right, I forgot this. Thank you very much for your help.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...p=109703#109703

With best regards

Stefan

heres the answer as i prefer always using same thread for one subject...

i have made test

just deactivate zoneworld in admin before activating

then edit main file to set number of zone to 9

go in admin activate zoneworld and edit values

by default zone 3 will include 'all zone"

others will be empty

then just define country zone 3 to 8 , change price table and fees

zone 9 will be used for all others country not listed

you can edit/add the "if" you want to find always the default values you want to use when reenabling the mod (it loose change made when you deactivate)

if ($i == 1) {

$default_countries = 'FR';

$shipping_table = '3:6,7:10.50,99:100.00';

}

if ($i == 2) {

$default_countries = 'AT,BE,GB,DE,GL,IS,IE,IT,NO,NL,DK,PL,ES,SE,CH,FI,PT,IL,GR';

$shipping_table = '3:7,7:11,99:150.00';

}

if ($i == 3) {

$default_countries = 'XX, YY,ZZ'; <---define country

$shipping_table = '3:8,7:12,99:200.00'; <---define price

}

if ($i == 8) {

$default_countries = 'XX, YY,ZZ'; <---define country

$shipping_table = '3:8,7:12,99:200.00'; <---define price

}

if ($i == 9) {

$default_countries = 'All Others'; // this must be the lastest zone

$shipping_table = '3:8,7:12,99:200.00';

}

if you still have empty field description, check your configuration table with phpmyadmin and remove all MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONEWORLD....

it must work

• 1 month later...

first of all

Thanx elari for this great contribution.

i really need exactly this mod.

its working fine but now i running in big problems.

the stuff we sell range from a weigh from 0.01 kg until 400 kgs

i setup follow shipping table :

Zone Based International Rates 

Enable Zones Method

True

Sort order of display.

Zone 1 Countries

US,CA,MX

Zone 1 Shipping Table

5:35.00,10:51.00,15:67.00,20:83.00

Zone 1 Handling Fee

Zone 2 Countries

AT,BE,BG,CZ,DK,FI,FR,DE,GR,HU,IE,IT,LI,LU,MT,MC,NL,NO,HR,PL,PT,RU,SK,ES,SE,CH"

Zone 2 Shipping Table

5:40.00,10:52.00,15:62.00,20:73.00

Zone 2 Handling Fee

Zone 3 Countries

NZ,AU,

Zone 3 Shipping Table

1:17.50,3:23.00,5:27.00,10:38.00,15:48.500,20:60.00

Zone 3 Handling Fee

Zone 4 Countries

All Others

Zone 4 Shipping Table

5:45.00,10:60.00,15:75.00,20:90.00

Zone 4 Handling Fee

now my problem:

i thought ( for example ) when i have a amount of 24.52 kg then the mod use the max package of 20 kg and the next passing one ( in this case 5 kg ) but it doesn't work !

or have i to setup the shipping table more higher like : 25,30,35,40 and so on ?

but how does it work if i have a cupbord from teakwood with 300 kgs or one with 255 kgs?

should i make all the 5kg steps until 300 kg.

can anyone point me please in the right direction ?

Thanx

yes you have to set as many weight level / shipping cost as you can be able/need to ship and this is for each zone.... you have to decide some default value to use 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/20/40/80/150/200/250/300/...

price for 300 & 310kg will not change very much...

take care when you deactivate module, values are lost. so if you have many value to enter, the best will be to change default value directly inside the file

other point, i think values can not be more than 255...

• 4 months later...

hi, im not sure how the shipping works, but im in the uk ...i want to offer free shipping within the uk....and because the zone reates are confusing i was going to set one set price per item for europe and then another for anywhere else....in other zones...

but the rates that are set within these zones already i.e 3:8 5:10 etc i cant seem to grasp, is there a simple explanation on these ....are these costs set to american post services? or do they account for all.

im greatful for any advice

jk

• 4 months later...

This is a great contribution.

I'm only missing one thing and that is to choose a "Tax Class" for the shipping fees. Is it difficult to add that?. It would be great because then the Order Tax would be displayed in a correct way. Like it is now, it only includes Tax for the products.

Edited by mattias2

this is designed like my other contrib for osc jan 02 prior ms1

i think this is not working with ms2...

i'm just going to have some time soon to rework my osc shop and will adpat for ms2.

if ms3 is not out before i begin to work :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, we uploaded a new and improved version, at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,920

* Some changes for MS 2

* Now works with tax class, like the original osCommerce 2.2 Zones module did.

* Fixes a little bug from the original zones.php. This bug only shows when the total order weight exceeds the maximum weight ("admin::Shipping/Packaging::Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship"). If you don't add this "number of boxes fix", at checkout it will seem that the weight is lower if heavy orders are to be shipped, but it only shows the weight per box (forgetting about the number of boxes).

* Show's countries' full names instead of two-letter-code at checkout (e.g. "Canada" instead of CA)

...Maybe the missing integration of tax was what prevented the breakthrough of this extremly useful and underrated conribution, so no more excuses now. ;)

Credits and kudos to elari, the original author.

Bugfix, Tax fix by Paul Mathot

Minor stuff by me ;)

Hello,

I have a weird problem in this contribution. Is there a limit on how much per pound? If I set the amount $30 per pound or more, it would give me 0 at check out. anything less works fine.

Terry

• 5 months later...

For some reason the "The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time" message is not being displayed for countries not within any of my zones. I have 4 zones, plus one empty one for unlisted countries to default to, but this usually just ends up being $0 instead of the message.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

hello all

i have updated the zonesworld contrib for osc2.2 ms2

It support now some new features

- tax rate by shipping zone

- shipping fees by weight / price / boxes

last version is 2.2.2 in contrib section

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,920

please report bug.

if everything is ok i will try to work for ms3 version

elari

Hi

Nice work

The shipping tax class don't work well.

In fact it don't work at all.

On the checkout it show only the product taxe.

I have 2 taxes class (1 merchandise, 1 shipping)

With contrib 2.2 it was working fine for taxes but it wasn't adding the wheight when multi-product order.

Yours do add the weight but taxes dont work...

With  contrib 2.2 it was working fine for taxes but it wasn't adding the wheight when multi-product order.

Yours do add the weight but taxes dont work...

Hi,

in the version "25 May 2004 - Zones Intenational Default / Zonesworld Version 2", both the weight and the taxes work correctly - at least for the shops I maintain.

Good luck!

Nils

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to this. I tried to follow the instruction to install this. But for the instructions here I have some problems to understand it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. disable the existing zones module in admin

2. backup the existing zones module (catalog/includes/modules/shipping) by renaming it to something like "zones_original". No php extension, so it will not be used as a shipping module.

3. Copy zonesworld.php from this package to catalog/includes/modules/shipping.

4. Go to admin and enable ZonesWorld, read the comment in the file itself if you don't know what to do from here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how to disable the existing zones module. Does that means delete any zones I have before?

I know to copy the file zonesworld.php but do we need to rename it to zones.php after the copy?

Enable ZonesWorld. I guess it's the same problem as the first one. I didn't see how to disable or enable. Is there a button to do that?

Since you guys had installed it, I guess you could point me the right direction. Thanks.

Just installed the lastest version, getting these errors on the module page.

Warning: main(/home/6076/xxxx/www.xxxx.co.uk/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zonesworld.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/6076/xxxx/www.xxxx.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/home/6076/xxxx/www.xxxx.co.uk/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zonesworld.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/6076/xxxx/www.xxxx.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/6076/xxxx/www.xxxx.co.uk/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zonesworld.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/6076/xxxx/www.xxxx.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Any ideas?

Edited by electronik

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the Zonesworld contribution (And it's got a good feel to it, so good work on that one !!0, but received the following error when trying to check out :

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/inter3/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zonesworld.php:24) in /home/inter3/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

If you've got any ideas, please let me know !! :'(

This is a great contrib, thanks!

I am configuring it now for our store and I have a question. Under the Admin panel, when I edit the Zone International shipping module, I am unclear as to how to use the "Boxes" options. It says:

"Table Method"

The shipping cost is based on the order total or the total weight of the items ordered.

weight

price

boxes

I can see how the shipping cost would be calculated using weight or total price of order, but how can I specify the values for boxes? Under the product's edit page, there is a place to enter weight but not anything to specify how many can fit in a box.

Some specifics about my store: We sell downloabable e-books as well as printed, full colour posters. Only the posters will have a shipping price, the e-books have no shipping price. I am not sure how to work this shipping module to be able to only charge shipping on non-downloadable products. I've been kinda hitting my head on a wall about this. Every other store I've looked at (and I've done some research on this issue already) sells either only downloadable products or only shipped products.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by OPAL829

This is a great contribution! I have one small problem. The VAT (tax) isn't being added to the shipping. It seems to be putting the shipping after the VAT on checkout even though I have selected "include tax".

Am I doing something wrong or is there something I need to change in the code?

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks!

WG

This is a great contribution! I have one small problem. The VAT (tax) isn't being added to the shipping. It seems to be putting the shipping after the VAT on checkout even though I have selected "include tax".

Am I doing something wrong or is there something I need to change in the code?

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks!

WG

• 2 weeks later...