• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Standard Setup

betch23

Sorry - I'm a newbie - I'm a bit confused about where I copy these files to? I haven't copied anything & couldn't get sandbox to work, but reading down this thread - I switched it to live & did a 1p transaction which seemed to go through fine - but I'm still concerned that I dont' have these files mentioned above in the right place, any help would be gratefully received.

thanks

Copy the files from the folders on your local machine to the same folders in the root directory of your site.

I have installed my site directly into the root folder (this happens to be httpdocs on my server) so I would install the files into httpdocs/includes/languages, etc.

Great topic, thanks all fro your comments.

I have a problem, I think I have uploaded everything correctly and set the parameters as per the OP however when I try to create an account, before I even get to payment, I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_paypal_ec' in 'field list'

select customers_id as id, customers_paypal_ec as ec from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]'

[TEP STOP]

What haven't I done yet?

Thanks again for any help.

I downloaded osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2a and setup the PayPal Website Standard module as described by Mr. Drew P Cock.

but, just want to confirm with you all the following steps in PayPal account setting coz the file ipn.php file does not exist in my catalog folder.

Save the page then go to Profile>Website Payment Preferences

Turn on Auto Return

Set the return URL to http://<your website>/catalog/ipn.php

Do you all get this file in your copy of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2a ?

Edited by willxp

I downloaded osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2a and setup the PayPal Website Standard module as described by Mr. Drew P Cock.

but, just want to confirm with you all the following steps in PayPal account setting coz the file ipn.php file does not exist in my catalog folder.

Do you all get this file in your copy of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2a ?

the file is actually called (/checkout_success.php)

• 2 weeks later...
the file is actually called (/checkout_success.php)

For clarity, the post by 'airbrushmaster' (page 1)

. . . .

Turn on Auto Return

Leave Payment Data Transfer set to off as this module doesn't support it (You need PayPal Pro for that)

. . . .

should read

. . . .

Turn on Auto Return

Set the return URL to http://<your website>/catalog/checkout_success.php

Leave Payment Data Transfer set to off as this module doesn't support it (You need PayPal Pro for that)

. . . .

I had issues getting Paypal display on the payments page and made the following changes. Something worked!

Installation is oscommerce v2.2 RC2.

1. Confirmed that the "ISO Code' (Locations/Taxes > Country in the admin panel) reflected the country I live in and confirmed its via http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm.

2. Confirmed that the "Code" (Localizations > Currencies in the admin panel) reflected the countries ISO Code in Step 1 above.

3. Values in module "PayPal Website Payments Standard" were as follow;

===================================================

Version: 1.0 (online status)

Visit PayPal Website (info)

Using the above link to signup at PayPal grants osCommerce a small financial bonus for referring a customer.

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard

True

E-Mail Address

<yourname@yourdomainname>.com

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal Standard]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Processing

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

Page Style

Paypal [case sensitive??? keep it this way]

Debug E-Mail Address

debug@<yourdomainname>.com

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Trust this helps someone

Cheers,

Leon

hi.

forgiveness for my poor English.

I have a question about "PayPal Website Payments Standard."

in this post you say that we should turn off encryption.

Is not that unsafe? a user could copy the form, modify the amount to pay and send it to paypal and thus pay less than they should for a product.

Is the module takes care of this issue even with encryption turned off?

I have the module works perfectly without encryption but I have problems with encryption turned on, so if anyone can answer this question will be helping me a lot :)

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I get this error when i try to place an order

Return to Merchant

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

• 3 weeks later...
I get this error when i try to place an order

Return to Merchant

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

Same here. followed the instructions as per everyone's instructions but after clicking "Confirm" I got the above error as well

Before you do anything with the module you need to check that you have setup OSC correctly to the language you are going to use, the Location of your shop and the Currency you are to use or you will get all sorts of funny errors like missing tax, wrong currency, prices missing from your web site etc. So lets spend a minute looking through the Admin pages making sure the basics are right.........

Hi

Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! I have been trying for days (maybe even week/s) to get the Paypal Express module to work with carrying over shipping and other values but everything except for the product/item costs was dropped. I didn't realise that the STANDARD PAYPAL module is the one that I needed - that the Express is [b]way, way toooooooo express[/b] in the way that it was dumping everything except item costs.

Follwoing your steps and instigating Standard FIXED ALL THE HASSLES i HAD BEEN HAVING...

PS - I am Australian based using paypal au

PPS - Did I say thankyou???

• 3 weeks later...

I've perfectly followed up all instructions and your precious contributions but no payment option appears and the following statement appears " please select a payment method for your order". It appears in red.

Why is this happening?. I configured dinero mail without any problems and it works perfectly. :-(

Please help me with you precious knowledge.

Oscar

Edited by ocejudo

Please Help!

I am using PayPal Website Payment Standard.

When customers go through the checkout process on my site the last link before transferring to Pay Pal says confirm order. When they click on that I receive there order in the back end, but not money is transferred into my Pay Pal account! When I look at the status on my back end it says Preparing [PayPal Standard].

Another time I received money from a customer but no such order was found in the back end?

There are also instances where I receive the money in my Pay Pal account and I can see it clearly in my Back end. The status then says Pending.

If theres anyone that can help me I would really appreciate it!

I've perfectly followed up all instructions and your precious contributions but no payment option appears and the following statement appears " please select a payment method for your order". It appears in red.

Why is this happening?. I configured dinero mail without any problems and it works perfectly. :-(

Please help me with you precious knowledge.

Oscar

I used the steps listed by leondicko (see below) and I am still getting the same error message:

Return to Merchant

I checked my paypal account/oscommerce admin account and the addresses are the same. the slight difference is that the paypal account is personal account.

For clarity, the post by 'airbrushmaster' (page 1)

. . . .

Turn on Auto Return

. . . .

should read

. . . .

Turn on Auto Return

Set the return URL to http://<your website>/catalog/checkout_success.php

. . . .

I had issues getting Paypal display on the payments page and made the following changes. Something worked!

Installation is oscommerce v2.2 RC2.

1. Confirmed that the "ISO Code' (Locations/Taxes > Country in the admin panel) reflected the country I live in and confirmed its via http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm.

2. Confirmed that the "Code" (Localizations > Currencies in the admin panel) reflected the countries ISO Code in Step 1 above.

3. Values in module "PayPal Website Payments Standard" were as follow;

Version: 1.0 (online status)

Visit PayPal Website (info)

Using the above link to signup at PayPal grants osCommerce a small financial bonus for referring a customer.

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard

True

E-Mail Address

<yourname@yourdomainname>.com

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal Standard]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Processing

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

Page Style

Paypal [case sensitive??? keep it this way]

Debug E-Mail Address

debug@<yourdomainname>.com

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Trust this helps someone

Cheers,

Leon

• 3 weeks later...

The paypal all goes through and then redirects me back to the catalog/checkout_success.php page but the page is blank???

Any suggestions. Fresh install of oscommerce-2.2rc2a with multi-stores.

Greyhound...

• 2 weeks later...

If the page turns out blank means page has some error.

set force error to true so that the error is displayed(or chek error log file).

Once You know what the error is much easier to fix.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Im currently trying to set up paypal standard, i have followed all the instructions found on the thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=327233 however im still having problems i think with my localisation and language settings on my shop, because im getting an error from paypal saying

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in WS_Error_XClick_Pref_Foreign_Currency. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

can anyone help? ive just got one language set up at the moment which is the United Kingdom

Hello,

I'm a newbie here and need your help...

I would like to upload the files to my website, but don't know where the "ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php" should go.

I don't have such a directory on my website.

Please let me know where to put this file.

Thank you,

Jim

If the page is blank means it has some errors.Display force error as true and check what the error is or look in error log file for the error.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi, I am having problem with Paypal Website Payment Standard Module (comes standard with install), Everything works fine only

my store is not sending out product details, only Website (Head Title) to paypal site, whether single or multiple products are purchased.

Payment and taxation is fine too, how do i fix this issue?

Hi, I am having problem with Paypal Website Payment Standard Module (comes standard with install), Everything works fine only

my store is not sending out product details, only Website (Head Title) to paypal site, whether single or multiple products are purchased.

Payment and taxation is fine too, how do i fix this issue?

I used this contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6783

BEWARE, do not overwrite your files with the ones in the contribution as they have had something else added, they are not standard. I had to compare files with Winmerge and add the appropriate lines.

I now get a detailed email from PayPal

Martin

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.