• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Shipping Error

Kerrigan

I installed and did everything that I know to do in order to get USPS Alpha 4.3 working. When I go through my store and make a purchase, it comes to the shipping part and has USPS as an option. However, you cannot select it and it says this below the USPS option:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Can anyone help me as to why this is happening? Thanks...

I am having the same issue I already called USPS and they put me on a product server I called again to make sure they did because I keep getting this error too

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

• 2 weeks later...
I am having the same issue I already called USPS and they put me on a product server I called again to make sure they did because I keep getting this error too

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

I see I'm not the only one. I've been searching for answers for the past few days, still can't find an answer. If I do find one, I'll be sure to post here. Hopefully we'll get an answer.

Edited by asianknight7664

I see I'm not the only one. I've been searching for answers for the past few days, still can't find an answer. If I do find one, I'll be sure to post here. Hopefully we'll get an answer.

Sorry, forgot to mention that a lot of people stated that having the zipcode in the shipping configuration will fix the problem most of the time. I don't know if you have entered the zipcode or not, so I figured maybe that might be the reason it's not working.

I'm still having problems with the addons, however, someone did mention to make sure that USPS have the rate calculator enabled in your profile. That may be the reason it's not working for you guys. Not 100% sure, but doesn't hurt to check.

• 4 weeks later...
i had try all as above, not working...

i meet same error also.. :(

It is very likely that your web host company is blocking http access to your server (possibly shared server). You may need to contact them to see if the can allow USPS to access server so that the rates will appear. They may ask for USPS ip address and port #s... I'm still trying to get USPS to give me that info with no luck.