• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Website Payments Standard

larryjam

Hello all,

I am build my store using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

I have enabled PayPal Website Payments Standard

When a customer orders multiple items from the store the Paypal check out page does not display the items being purchsed. It only displays the store name as the "description" and the total as the "unit price" and a quanity of 1

Example: If the customer buys 10 books @ $5 each and 3 cd's @ $5 each, the paypal checkout displays this as

Description = 'Store Name'

Unit Price = '$65.00'

Quanity = '1 item '

Amount = "$65.00'

How can I change it to display the correct product descriptons and itemize the purchase correctly.

Any help appreciated.

Hello all,

I am build my store using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

I have enabled PayPal Website Payments Standard

When a customer orders multiple items from the store the Paypal check out page does not display the items being purchsed. It only displays the store name as the "description" and the total as the "unit price" and a quanity of 1

Example: If the customer buys 10 books @ $5 each and 3 cd's @ $5 each, the paypal checkout displays this as

Description = 'Store Name'

Unit Price = '$65.00'

Quanity = '1 item '

Amount = "$65.00'

How can I change it to display the correct product descriptons and itemize the purchase correctly.

Any help appreciated.

I post on the Paypal Developer forum for help, a moderator tried to help me and this was his response.

I walked through the checkout and captured the post that is getting sent to PayPal. It is passing it over, as a standard buy now button command. Its adding the item totals together, and just displaying your store name as the item name. This should not be the way that the shopping cart should process orders that I am aware of. Most 3rd party shopping carts, process the orders using the cart upload method, where it sends all the information over itemized. You are going to need to try to get support thought the cart provider or their forums.

Apparently the plugin is not working as it should. Is there anyone here who can help me correct this.

Thanks

I really need some help here. Is there no one who can help me fiqure this out. I do not know why the product details are not showing up on Paypal.

Without giving paypal detailed account information.... what are you settings in :

Modules -> Payments -> Paypal Website Payments Standard

Without giving paypal detailed account information.... what are you settings in :

Modules -> Payments -> Paypal Website Payments Standard

Hi Randy

These are my settings in Modules > Payments > Paypal Website Payments Standard

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard = True

E-Mail Address = [email protected]

Payment Zone = None

Set Preparing Order Status = Prepairing (Paypal Standard)

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status = default

Gateway Server = Live

Transaction Method = Sale

Page Style = Undefined (Field is blank)

Debug E-Mail Address = [email protected]

Sort order of display = 0

Enable Encrypted Web Payments = False

Your Private Key = Undefined (Field is blank)

PayPals Public Certificate = Undefined (Field is blank)

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID = Undefined (Field is blank)

Working Directory = Undefined (Field is blank)

OpenSSL Location = /usr/bin/openssl

Have you tried putting "paypal" in your page style? That is the default page style for paypal. It may be missing a style to format the information.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work. It still does not display the product details.

Could it be that becuause I am not using a secure connection that it does not pass the product details?

• 2 weeks later...
Larry,

So you uninstalled PayPal Website Payments Standard

and installed http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679?

hwkd

Yes, but I have since changed back, at first glance it worked, the product details was passed to paypal but it did not display the taxes properly. I gather because the contribution is for v2.2MS2 I am using v2.2 RC2a. I decided it was easier to just have the total passed with the taxes and shipping calculated properly.

Use Itemize instead of Aggregate and Paypal will have item details.

Satish

I did use this option with Paypal IPN, the item details were passed with IPN but the shipping and taxes were not calculated properly. Is it possible to use "Itemized with with Paypal Website Payments Standard?

I do not have the option in the admin control panel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Paypal Payments Standard I also have issue sending/viewing item details to paypal. I tried to install paypal IPN but that does show in OSC modules. thats a different issue and started a thread about that on this forum.

Edited by Sproket

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if someone found a solution...I tried to use the contrib reccomended but I was displaying an input text field instead of the "store name" or the items in the paypal transaction page...

I uninstalled the contrib and went back to the store name...

hope someone can help to fix this issue...