• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback greatly appreciated on my site

Hey guys and gals,

I would very much welcome some feedback on my site.

I'm new to all this so my store may not be the best but I have spent a lot of hours working on it.

Lookin for some honest feedback - I promise to take the bad with the good - and would really appreciate another set of eyes to tell me how it looks.

I'm still working on the landing page - I have the home page linking through to osCom but not sure how to link the other tabs to the relevant pages in osCom without having to put in another link as I have done - Any tips on this greatly appreciated (please ignore font colours on the menu tabs as I have still to change these) Am I making sense???

Anyway, all feedback welcomed as I anticipate your replies lol

Ta much,

Michelle.

You're missing something (top of this page):

My Store Forum Channel Rules (Read Before Posting)

In addition to the forum rules, live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

If you come across a post not related to an osCommerce powered live store, the live store not having the "Powered by osCommerce" text, or the live store breaking the forum rules of presenting osCommerce related services (eg, web hosting), please report it so it can be deleted.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

You're missing something (top of this page):

Hi, Yes it's missing from the landing page but if you click through to the store it is on all the other pages.

Does it has to be on the landing page as well? This isn't hosted/powered by oscom.

Cheers,

Michelle.

There for a bit I thought the "landing page" WAS your store!!

:blush:

And I thought to myself, "Dang! That girl sure has been busy!!!"

:lol:

Yep.. It's on your store, so like it or not, feedback will be given, I'm, sure.

;)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hey guys and gals,

I would very much welcome some feedback on my site.

I'm new to all this so my store may not be the best but I have spent a lot of hours working on it.

Lookin for some honest feedback - I promise to take the bad with the good - and would really appreciate another set of eyes to tell me how it looks.

I'm still working on the landing page - I have the home page linking through to osCom but not sure how to link the other tabs to the relevant pages in osCom without having to put in another link as I have done - Any tips on this greatly appreciated (please ignore font colours on the menu tabs as I have still to change these) Am I making sense???

Anyway, all feedback welcomed as I anticipate your replies lol

Ta much,

Michelle.

Hiya. Your overall look is good, but I noticed a few things I'll share.

The biggest thing is that the landing page/home page is too wide for 1024x768 screen. That's a regular non-wide screen.

The lingerie store logo doesn't really match the KBM Fantasy Fashion logo.

I think the news and updates column could be narrower.

The contact tab is going to a page that then links to the form. That page is showing your email in the clear. It's better to use the form (w/encryption preferably) and not your naked address to keep the spambots from getting you. Also, you don't want to link twice to a contact us form.

Some of your thumbnails are distorted. That's probably because you have both the height and width set. You need to set one to a value and the other to 0, unless all of your original pictures are exactly the same size.

Most people will say get rid of the ugly stock osCommerce buttons (like add to cart). Here is a button generator that one of them gave to me, so I'll pass it on to you. http://www.oscbuttons.com. It works great and then you just copy all of the buttons up to your site, with overwrite on.

Well that's enough for now. I can tell you are working hard on your site, so keep up the good work. I'm certainly not an expert so just take it with a grain of salt and keep on plugging.

I would put a few mods in and repost your site for more feedback.

Good Luck!

Archived