• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question on Flow for customer

knipper

OK All,

I have just installed the Paypal v2.3.3 on my modded MS2 site. I have signed up for the paypal sandbox, and have all the admin config settings correct.

As a customer logged into an account, I added products and chose Paypal as the payment method... took me through the checkout screens to order verification.

When I clicked submit, it bounced me to a login page for the paypal sandbox. I never saw any other paypal pages I assume a customer should see. What should happen here? Does the customer log into paypal to complete/submit the order? (From what I've read they have the option to come back to the site or not, and the IPN tracks even if they do not return)

Can someone actually explain what should happen from both a customer standpoint as well as store owner?

Thanks in advance! :)

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

Thanks.. I logged into the sandbox first... and it appears OK.

Let the testing begin! :)

From what I understand you must be logged into to developer central for the sandbox testing to work. You were taken to the login page only because you were not logged in.

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

OK... Quick question. I also have "Purchase without account" on the site. It appears when someone has created an account the transaction goes through correctly. However, if someone tries to use paypal as payment method without creating an account, when they submit the order... it shows an error where they need the address to match their paypal address.

From a cutomers standpoint, if they used their actual paypal account address, but tried to checkout without creating an account on my site... this would be confusing.

Is there a workaround for this, or should I just make a note that for paypal payments, they need to create an account on my site?

Thanks again in advance.

Edited by knipper

Steve K AKA - Knipper -