• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Repeat order function

What does everyone think about a repeat order function for customers? I have a clients site where they get the same people ordering the same products every couple of months. They have actually received a few emails from customers requesting this type of functionality.

I think it might be a good idea for customers to be able to log in to their order history, and then click a button to repeat any of the orders they have previously placed.

There was talk of a recurring billing function here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31262

Although that was geared more towards someone who would sell services as opposed to goods, but its the same concept. I was looking for something similar myself, sort of a "My Account" feature to be added. What I would need is:

--Records and stores credit card information

--Bills on monthly cycle (if they sign up on Jan 3rd, the next bill will be on Feb 3rd)

--Allows me to see which transactions are queued up for the next day as well as what ones were successfully completed and which ones failed form teh current day, as well as a history view

--Send out an email for each charge, an invoice

--Ability to have a setup fee

--Ability for users to add things for a one time fee

--Ability to upgrade their current package to another package

I've also made a poast about it in the Development forum where Harold asked for input on the my account section. That post is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...ighlight=#98726

• 3 months later...
I agree, or perhaps something like "add all items in order to cart" when viewing the order history similar to what OfficeDepot.com has. Crude, but functional ;)

This would be fantastic if someone could come up with a mod for this.

I keep looking at account_history_info.php to see if I can hack it to add those items in history back to the basket but I am just too thick :cry:

Give me another year or 2 and I might have learnt enough php to be able to, but there must be some of you genius programers out there that could do this in 5 mins.

Pleeeeeeasssse

Best wishes

Steve

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is wonderful, however the client is looking for a way that customers could have the same order delivered every month with auto billing/shipping so they wouldn't have to worry about coming back every month to re-order.

So basically when they order a prouct, they have an option to select "autoship" every "2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks" etc. and their card would just be auto processed for them.

Would something like this be impossible? Was thinking a cron job to process cards and send email... but just not sure it can be done.

Thanks again!