Sign in to follow this  
PriyeshP

Amateur developer

Hi guys,

I'm a new, amateur developer and have recently installed Oscommerce template for a clothes shop I'm building. I have two question and I appreciate if anybody can help out please....

Firstly- when uploading a new product it does not display the image when previewing; all I get is a 'broken image' symbol. Do you know why that is happening and what I could do to fix?

Secondly, I read a few posts on here about the 'Image Addon' allowing more than one image to be uploaded as well as enlarging an image. I had a look at the posts in the 'addon' section but am really confused/unsure in going about adding this feature- can somebody point me in the right direction and explain step by step as to how I could dd this feature to my site. I'm pretty new at web developing so any help/breakdown would be great.

thank you

P

Hi guys,

I'm a new, amateur developer and have recently installed Oscommerce template for a clothes shop I'm building. I have two question and I appreciate if anybody can help out please....

Firstly- when uploading a new product it does not display the image when previewing; all I get is a 'broken image' symbol. Do you know why that is happening and what I could do to fix?

Secondly, I read a few posts on here about the 'Image Addon' allowing more than one image to be uploaded as well as enlarging an image. I had a look at the posts in the 'addon' section but am really confused/unsure in going about adding this feature- can somebody point me in the right direction and explain step by step as to how I could dd this feature to my site. I'm pretty new at web developing so any help/breakdown would be great.

thank you

P

What kind of image are you uploading? i have found that .bmp images do no appear on my oscommerce, but .jpg and .gif show up just fine so i would try to save the picture in a different format.

What kind of image are you uploading? i have found that .bmp images do no appear on my oscommerce, but .jpg and .gif show up just fine so i would try to save the picture in a different format.

Thanks Dillon- I am uploading jpg's. It's weird as the first image uploaded correctly, but all others are appearing as broken.

Make sure the images in jpg are in RGB format and not CMYK it makes a difference with some image contributions.